VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (Clio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an event last night turned out to be, 2 first time winners this season, one of which was my team mate so all in all I'm happy!

Took P2 in quali after a good lap, good enough for p1 until Miro got his second lap in to pinch it back. Well deserved pole, good job Miroslav!

Race 1 was tricky, I struggled to see the drying line in parts which didn't help and I lost ground to Miro, and towards the end my tyres completely went so it was just a case of holding on for P2.

Race 2 was crazy. My pace seemed to be great in the dry, I took the lead early on and started to run and hide, until the rain came down! Opted to pit at the end of lap 3, but had a slow stop as it was a last minute dive into the pits so had to select tyres. Came out well down the order, but had a great fight back up through the firld and managed to grab P2 on the last lap from Hany who was struggling on slicks. Franklin was gone, 32 seconds up the road. Great job, lucky decision with the tyres, but they all count! I suggest you go play the lottery this weekend!

Thanks to Xavier for another enjoyable event, congrats to Miroslav and Franklin for their wins.

Roll on the decider!

That was a fun event, both races and qualy were interesting and very tense. After the poor Q result i improoved some places on both races, dispite a couple of mistakes. The biggest error was to start R2 on slicks . I had a simple plan to use wets always (didn t practice with slicks), i could manage them very well in any conditions, that was a bad last minute change for me. Stupid me :)
Great driving Miroslav and Jimmy, and ofcourse Franklin who chose cleverly for R2, wd guys! :D

It was a funny evening :cool:

Had also a poor qualy because we gambled an opened the season. On the last lap didnt look that bad, because we had a dry line and it starts again to rain. But sadly it was only a short shower.

Race 1 was well under wet conditions. With the drying line my troubles started. Didnt train under dry conditions. So i ended were i started. P10.

Race 2 i started like most of the other with slicks. Bad mistake as we all know now :D. So nice gamble Franklin and nice win. As we see the rain coming we went immediately to the pits. So it was possible to gain some positions. In the following laps i could close the gap to my teammate and in the last lap i could catch the also gambling Hany. But i did a little mistake in the hairpin and missed the line. So Miroslav could pass me and i had a little déjà-vu with Tamas on the following straight. But this time all was good for me :cool: So i ended in P5.

It was fun to drive, even if i sometimes couldn't see anything :laugh:. Sadly there was no heavy rain.

I really liked the Racing yesterday as well. Was pretty much fun, wasn't expecting this to be honest. Thought it will be boring cause you can't really overtake but it was very much fun. Close but fair fights everywhere and small gaps. Thanks to all for this.

The weather made it a bit more Strategy, which was nice as well. Gratz to Miroslav (Awesome Speed in both Races) and Franklin, nice gamble :D

Funny was also like Simon already said that you saw like nothing sometimes, even on the straights :D

Im still a bit mad about my dumb mistake in the 2nd Race, cost me Position 4 :(
but well still made some points compared to Hany.
My Speed wasn't as good as i wanted it but sometimes you have to take it as it is and drive for the Points what i tried to.

Everything is possible and it will be a close decider for sure.
Luckily the Race was 12 Laps and not 11 :D otherwise Hany would've been 2nd haha ;)

Can't wait for it !

Last edited:
First of all, I would just like to say that this was a fantastic event. The inclusion of rain was certainly an interesting dynamic.

Very sneaky with the rain in Race 2; most of us were mislead by the completely clear blue sky at the beginning of the race, and then it clouded over all of a sudden! :p During the whole restart fiasco, before the start of Race 2, my team mates and I were debating about whether or not we would go out on slicks; for the first few starts I was equipped with wet tires, but I then changed my mind and opted for the dry tires instead. I radioed my team mate as soon as I saw the cloud and asked if he could keep me informed regarding track wetness (using the Track Map plugin). Resented changing my decision. Thankfully, I was already so far behind when the heavens opened that I was only a few corners from the pits, and was able to switch to rain tires almost immediately. Panic over! :laugh:

Unfortunately, in spite of all the practice that I had put in ahead of the race, and promising lap times that were heading in the right direction, I hit my talent barrier. I was struggling for, and unable to find any pace in the rain to even keep up with the pack. As a result I couldn't contend for anything in either race - I was falling too far behind. :(

Nonetheless, it was good fun, and a valuable learning experience for future wet races. :D

My highlight of the event was during qualifying. I happened to choose a good slot during the session for my team mate and I to go out on track and put in a time. The track had dried after the second burst of rain, and it was rather quick: most other drivers had already a time, most of which were in the wet. After his first timed lap, my team mate Dennis hilariously proclaimed over TS, "Oh :poop:, I've accidentally done a 1:38", thinking that he had unintentionally managed set a top 5 time on the wrong set of tires. :roflmao:

While I'm at it, I would quickly like to apologise to Stelios for almost (completely inadvertently) taking his car out during Race 2, when my car spun in front of him. Hopefully you didn't sustain any damage. It must have been scary making your way through the spray from my car, and suddenly finding me travelling sideways across the track. :unsure:

I would also like to apologise for the heavy and odd-looking crash that I had a couple of laps later, which forced me to retire from Race 2. :cry: Whilst braking for Turn 4 I managed to lock up my wheels, and I begun sliding out; the effect was made worse due to the slight bit of damage that I was carrying after the earlier incident. As soon as I was on the grass that was the end - couldn't turn or brake, and I ended up hitting one of the hay-barrel braking markers (I wasn't expecting them to be solid, immovable objects). This didn't affect anyone else's race, but it doesn't look good, so I thought it would be best to explain what happened.

Hopefully I'll have more success at the final event. I'm a big fan of Sears Point! :inlove: It would be nice if I could replicate my Symmons Plains performance!

Thanks again to Xavier, and the rest of you guys, for what has been an incredibly enjoyable series so far!

• Name & Surname: Dennis Coufal
  • Number: 42
  • Round number: 5 (Searspoint)
  • Reason: Upcoming exam has been moved to Saturday morning, so I wouldn't be able to focus on the race^^

• Name & Surname: Stelios Fevgatos
  • Number: 22
  • Round number: 5
  • Reason: Urgent business trip on Wednesday - Thursday - Friday, i will be back really late on Friday and i will sadly miss the final race :(

• Name & Surname: Tapio Rinneaho
  • Number: 37
  • Reason: Perfect way to end the miserable season by having to miss the final round. I'll be out of town the whole weekend and thus unable to partake.

rdwsrs2rev1.jpg

800px-Symmons_Plains_Raceway_Australia_track_map_zps84857cc6.jpg

800px-Infineon_Sears_Point_with_emphasis_on_Long_tracksvg_zpsbc97c20d.png

Fuel Usage:
Normal
Tyre Usage: Normal
Mechanical Failures: Time Scaled
Parc Fermé : Yes
Damage: 100%
Time Scale: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Weather: Dry
Assists: Auto-Clutch, ABS (Off/Low)
Session + Briefing Info:
This race will include 5 sessions. Before the race, there will be a MANDATORY briefing on Teamspeak. Each driver is obligated to be present there. Not being present during the briefing is reason for removal from the league.

Drivers are not required to, but are recommended to, stay on Teamspeak once the briefing is over.

Briefing information
Formation lap:

• Drivers must proceed on to the formation lap and stay in a SINGLE FILE order until after the red zone.
  • Drivers may not exceed 170km/h.
  • No weaving allowed.
  • Causing an incident on the formation lap will = No Qualifying in the next round.
  • Do not follow the car ahead too closely, give yourself no less than 2 car lengths of space between yourself and the driver ahead.
  • Do not make any sudden maneuvers!
  • Drivers may not overtake on the formation lap.
  • The race will begin for you once YOU have crossed the start/finish line.
Yellow Zone:
  • The yellow zone will be explained further during the drivers briefing.
  • The yellow zone is only in effect during lap 1 of the race.
  • The yellow zone for this round begins at the start/finish and ends after turn 3.
  • Drivers may overtake in the yellow zone, but only under extreme caution!
  • Any incidents caused in the yellow zone will be met with a penalty.
Red Zone:
  • The Red zone will be explained further during the drivers briefing.
  • The Red zone is only in effect during lap 1 of the race.
  • There is no Red Zone for this round.
  • Drivers may NOT overtake in the Red zone!
  • Drivers must proceed through the Red zone in SINGLE FILE order.
  • Any incidents caused in the Red zone will be met with a penalty.
Rolling Start Procedure:
  • Drivers will follow the car in front by no less than 2 car lengths.
  • Once the leader is on the main straight, he will dictate the pace up until the start/finish line.
  • The race begins for you once YOU have crossed the start finish line.
  • Mind the rules about the red & yellow zones.

NOTE: Under no circumstances may any driver intentionally exploit the circuit boundaries, i.e. Cutting corners, having an intentional off track excursion, or deliberately run wide in order to gain time/position. Anyone caught doing this will be met with a severe penalty and in extreme cases, exclusion from the rest of the series. The circuit boundaries are defined by the outer most white lines of the circuit, with exception of the apexes.

Server Password:
Here

Briefing: 5 - 10 minutes starts at 17:50 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes starts at 18:00 GMT
Qualification (SuperPole/Variant thereof): 20 minutes starts at 18:30 GMT
Warmup 1: 10 minutes starts at 18:50 GMT
Race 1: Formation + 10 Laps (maximum allowed time is 20 minutes) starts at 19:00 GMT
Warmup 2: 10 minutes starts at 19:25 GMT
Race 2: Formation + 10 Laps (maximum allowed time is 20 minutes) starts at 19:35 GMT (Grid positions based on results from Race 1 with weight penalty for top 5).

Please note: Parc Ferme settings will apply! Various setup options will be locked after your first timed lap in qualifying. Fuel will also carry over from qualifying, so please Qualify with enough fuel to last a qualifying session and the race!

Absence
This is the most important part of the briefing drivers need to understand! Since your application to drive the in league was accepted, we expect you to be present during the races for this round, unless you provide an absence report with a valid excuse to the staff. If you happen to miss out on the event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your licensed member status on RaceDeparment.

NOTE: All absence reports must be filled out in the ABSENCE REPORTS THREAD!

For all other information, please go here: General Information

Make sure you have read and understood the RD League Regualtions here.
Note some rules may differ for this series so please read through the general information thread so that you are totally clear on the rules and regulations!

.................................................................................................................................................

MOD & SKINS UPDATE:
NONE

.................................................................................................................................................

CONFIRMED DRIVERS ROUND 2:
TEAMS:

Team Name: MadCape Red
Jimi Hughes
Miroslav Davidovic

Team Name: MadCape Black
Tamás Fóth
Hani Alsabti

Team Name: Marr Motorsport
Daiman Patel
Rui Martins

Team Name: TXL Racing
Mark Greenall

Team Name: ME Racing
Henrik Lek
Magnus Dahlgren
Eddie Hallgren

Team Name: Walk Racing
Gary Lennon NO QUALIFYING
David Carter

Team Name: Speden Spelit
Aleksi Kivelä

Team Name: CDR Motorsports
Christian Michel
Simon Christmann

Team Name: Dutch Veteran Racers
Franklin Stegink
Theo van den Brink

INDEPENDENTS:
Richard Száva-Nagy - NO REPORT - NO QUALIFYING
Georgios Davakos - NO REPORT/LATE - NO QUALIFYING
Dan Marr - NO REPORT - NO QUALIFYING
Scott Søvik

Chris Knight - NO REPORT - NO QUALIFYING
Giuseppe Di Vita
José Almeida

DRIVERS ARE EXCLUDED IF THEY HAVEN'T PREVIOUSLY SHOWN COMMITMENT TO THE SERIES THIS SEASON.

DRIVERS WHO HAVE A NO QUALIFYING PENALTY HAVE PREVIOUSLY SHOWN COMMITMENT TO THE SERIES THIS SEASON.

EXCLUDED DRIVERS:

Truls Flatland - NO REPORT - EXCLUDED
Gareth Hickling - NO REPORT - EXCLUDED
Fahad Gaffoor - NO REPORT - EXCLUDED

Philip Morby - NO REPORT - EXCLUDED

RESERVES LIST:

TEAMS:

INDEPENDENTS:

ABSENT:
Bjorn De Haas
Luke Herring
Dennis Coufal
Stelios Fevgatos
Tapio Rinneaho
Calum McLure
Lars Brugman

Teams & Drivers who have not been placed on the immediate list will hold a place on the reserves list. A Team or Driver may move up from the Reserves list if a Team or Driver on the immediate list becomes inactive, is banned, or is unable to participate in an event.

Last edited:
  • Name & Surname: Calum McLure
  • Number: 52
  • Reason: The room my wheel, PC etc is in is getting "done up" so my PC is disconnected and the place is a bomb site :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back