VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think i figured it out. I'm unable to join when the server is in Race session. I've joined in practice/qualy and warmup but never been able to join while the server is at race. Could this be the reason that i was unable to join before?

Here is my contender:
Meganesidetop-1.jpg

Meganeside-2.jpg

Meganefront-2.jpg

Meganerear-2.jpg

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21516024/M2009_02ALT_SW_70.rar

Stefan, as I am unable to create a skin, as yet, I decided to take a look at your DDS file in hope Photoshop or, other program will tell me how you saved it? I didn't manage to find a description!

When I opened it, it showed the artwork as Yellow yet, your pics are not. I am finding the car wrapping stuff a little cunfusing.

Has anyone got a 'What you see is what you get' solution?

Cheers...

...Ray.

Ray,

To save a template file useable for rf2, save it in DDS with DXT5, interlaced.
I shall try to make a post later today or tomorrow with all the details about how to save and test.

The skins I made for the F3 Classic event are all whay you see is what you get like. They are exactly like the photoshop templates.

Ray,

check this trhead: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/skinning-tutorial-using-only-open-source-software.22570/

I used that tutorial to do the skin above. The DDS has all layers put together and it will be very hard to edit. I suggest you download the Megane template and follow the skinning tutorial. Within no time you will master it and let your imagination be showed on your car. :)
The yellow/gold was to be suppost to be on the car. I had black/gold in mind, but it came out black/silver. It looks great too, so I will keep it that way. Why that happened? I don't know.
Also another tip: If you use the #1 Megane in game it will put on the Yellow banner on your front windscreen, you better use car #2 or #3.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Stefan

@Marco: you beat me by 1 minute. :D

No problem ;)

When you make a new screenshot, can you post 1 with a bit less crop for me please? I need that to use in the car selection icon I must make.

This goes for all who send in a skin. Please make sure it has a full screen screenshot of the Showroom in it ;) I will make all the vehicle selection icons for you guys, but I do need the whole screenshot then. Otherwise, it costs way to much time, since I have to smoothen it into the template ;)

Your welcome ;)

The skins will be made available as a series pack, so there will be no alternative skins you have to select. Just search for you name, and select the car.

I shall make an example of how it will look later on, with either my own skin, or I will use the one Stefan posted :)

I would seriously exclude Watkins Glen and replace it with Mid Ohio! The track looks awful and the sandtraps are like ice and completely useless, sorry for the harsh word but I can't see the point of racing on a track that's at that stage in completion.

Thats more something general for file formats, and an explanation of the DDS and DXT functions. Not so much related to skinning.

For rfactor2, the DDS settings are:

Skin: DXT5 interlaced, including mipmaps
Windows (Not tried yet): DXT5 including mipmaps (will try this later on)
Mini Icon and Large Icon: NO!!! DXT,DDS settings 8.8.8.8 (Only possible with Photoshop plugin, does not work with DDS Convertor)

I shall make some kind of instruction / download post somewhere this week, with all relevand downloads as well. There are some template files which are hard to find, and I made some templates myself as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes