VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my entry for the league, looking forward ;)

rFactor22012-03-1319-52-12-27.jpg

Guys, please put on the mandatory logo's ;) They are in the top post.

From first post:
Skinning Guidelines
Every driver of the RDWSR must compete with an own skin. No standard skins allowed. Every skin must contain your racing number which you must register and the mandatory logos which you can download here. The templates will be available via the Logo pack. It will contain the car and window template
Link: download here
In this logo pack, you will find a folder Mandatory. In this folder, there is the RDWSR logo, and the RD logo in long and short format. From the RD logo's, at least 1 has to be used!
Further there is an optional folder. In there you will find the rfactor2 logo in 2 formats. You can use those if you want, but its not mandatory
Last folder is the windows file. This is a .psd file, with the alpha layers in it. This is a conversion back from a .dds file to .psd as the official window templates are not available yet. Make sure to test these before sending them in!

But it is an awesome looking skin Liam!!

The alpha channel in a DX5 format is the reflection or, speculation. The darker it is the more the surface reflects it's surroundings. So, although there was no actuall logo on the car, the alpha channel still had a ghosting of it. When the car is then rendered and, once again, even though there is no logo on the car, that part of the car had a higher reflection giving away the impression.

In this case, it was a little like taking a picture off a wall that was decorated years before to reveal a nice clean piece of wall :)

To resolve it I deleted the alpha and created a new one in the Channels window of Photoshop.

...to save you from searchng http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Herra_Tohtori's_texturing_tutorial

Edit: Tut just noticed Magnus's excellent piece in #23 And, above I should say, 'the lighter it is, the more reflective'!

Thats what I understood out of it. Have not tried it, but that's how it seems ;)

That can be used for some freaky effects ;) When I am going to make my own skin, I will look into it. Am curious to see how it works.

Also, in the renders, if you look closely, you can see parts of the skin below. When I make the pack, those effects will be gone, as it will actually replace the old skin, and not cover it. Just a heads up

Ive been having a good blast tonight around M/O, and im impressed.
It looks and feels just so right, and best of all, its quite sparse and open, so it should run canny on most folks machines!

Hi Marco,

Thanks. The RD logos are on the car ;-) they are on the three race number stickers, don't think it shows well in a screen shot

Will put RD on the spoiler, always a good place for it and where evere else it looks fitting ;)

Driver: Kieron Swart
Team: White Knockels Simracing [WK]
Car number: 68
Will use RD Skin: No
I have read and understood the general info thread, and the overall league rules: Yes

Freaking hell im sure I had changed the name LOL :oops:
Sorry Marco Just checked my new work dates and 3 of the evnets clash, I wont be able to make it :( So sorry

A new update has been released for rFactor2. Simply start the launcher, go to the Update tab, and click check for updates.

I already updated the test server, so if you want to join, you need to update as well!

Final track list announced!

A quick update on the tracks. I have been working hard with all developers of the custom tracks to get some things tuned up. In result of that, and the responses of the track editors, we have decided to change the final track list a bit. As there have been some very nice developments coming up, we feld the absolute need to do this.

The new (final) track list will be:

- Searspoint
- Snetterton
- Mid Ohio
- Fuji

- Searspoint.
For Searspoint there will come an update soon. In this update, a few issues will be addressed.
- Huge FPS drop on certain places. This will be edited
- (some) Fences are not blocking you, but allow to drive through. This will be fixed as well.

- Snetterton
No fixes here.

- Mid Ohio
Just released, and as far as we can see now, no major issues on this track. It will stay the same.

- Fuji
This track is not released yet. However, it will be released soon. We have decided to use Fuji for the day/night race! We are still working on the final version, as there still is some work to be done to facilitate the night driving. Keen an eye out in the Racing Club, as there will be a test event soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back