VSCC S2 | General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone noticed something odd happen at the end of the race at cordoba but I think it needs to be addressed if possible.
On the last lap, Emanuel crossed the line with 6 seconds remaining on the clock but as soon as he did cross the line the checkered flag appeared on my screen meaning that when I crossed the line my race had ended yet Emanuel was still on his final lap.
This caused some confusion for me because when I crossed the line I congratulated Emanuel on the race win yet his reply to me was "I haven't finished yet". He also noticed backmarkers slowing down as if the race had ended.
I'm just wondering what would have happened if he had smashed into a backmarker and burst into flames.
So I wasn't sure If I should slow down or continue racing.
If this can't be fixed then I suggest a set amount of laps instead.

Indeed I also noticed something strange at the end. I haven't checked the actual results yet, but I noticed that P1 was a lap ahead of P2. I remember thinking to myself "wow this guy is really good. He lapped second place". I chalked that up to the track being short and the winner being an "alien among aliens". I finished P11 and I was 2 laps behind, while by my calculation I should have been 1 lap behind.

Maybe I am wrong and maybe P1 was indeed a lap ahead of P2, but if what you noticed is true, it could also be that P1 did an extra lap.

True, I had to do one more lap as I crossed the line with 6 seconds to go, that's why everyone was a lap down. Apparently we found another bug, so I recommend setting a fixed amount of laps for the next race. The problem is that if the leading car is crossing the line with 1 second to go, and the car in 2nd is 1.2 behind, 2nd place car will see the chequered flag so no chance to fight for the win in what should be the final lap. And that will end in fireworks ;)

Not sure if anyone noticed something odd happen at the end of the race at cordoba but I think it needs to be addressed if possible.

On the last lap, Emanuel crossed the line with 6 seconds remaining on the clock but as soon as he did cross the line the checkered flag appeared on my screen meaning that when I crossed the line my race had ended yet Emanuel was still on his final lap.

This caused some confusion for me because when I crossed the line I congratulated Emanuel on the race win yet his reply to me was "I haven't finished yet". He also noticed backmarkers slowing down as if the race had ended.

I'm just wondering what would have happened if he had smashed into a backmarker and burst into flames.

So I wasn't sure If I should slow down or continue racing.

If this can't be fixed then I suggest a set amount of laps instead.
indeed it can be dangerous for the infront, but there is a timer and it did not finish when Emanuel crossed the line with 6 seconds to go, so if im correct he did indeed have another lap to do, the timer ended when the 2ndd, 3rd guy etc crossed as the timer ended, unless im missing something here?

Well I've always assumed that every driver has to carry on racing until the leader crosses the line for the final time.

If the leader has to do 1 more lap because there was still 6 seconds on the clock when he crossed the line then shouldn't every one else??

Thinking about it a bit more. What would happen if the guy in 2nd place was only 7 seconds behind? (I know 7 seconds is a bit much to make up in one lap but...) What would be the point in the leader doing one more lap if the guy in 2nd place is no longer racing?

Last edited:
If you guys check out the official results, P1 is indeed a lap ahead of P2. Those of us a lap down (P11) are actually 2 laps down. It should probably get fixed or a note inserted.

http://www.studioestrada.com/GPCOS/results.php?eventid=39&leagueid=7&menu=season&menuoption=2
it will get fixed, next time around the server will be registered for time & laps... therefor it should resolve this issue of what you saw with P1 & the rest of the field :) , hope this clears it up :)

as for round 1 based on the server settings, it done everything fine as it was meant to be, i can see people don't like it and it is clear it's a 50 minute race, just unfortunate for the leader to do the extra lap but it happened because it was set as a timer race, next time it should be fine :)

• Name & Surname: Calum McLure
  • Number: 52
  • Round number: 2
  • Reason: Exam I was supposed to do today was rearranged to Monday morning so I'll be studying and bed early :geek:
<in time> mod edit

Last edited by a moderator:
I raced as an Independent in Grid 2 in the first race, but I would like to join an official team, with skins, if possible. Let me know if there's a spot available.

Thanks ;)

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Gaczella makes a statement in VSCC opener

[youtube]
Defending RaceDepartment Virtual Stock Car champion, Emanuel Gaczella, commenced his title defence in the best possible fashion on Sunday evening after dominating the opening round at Córdoba. The Romanian completed a stunning trifecta including the race win, fastest lap and pole position in his Storm Racing Peugeot.

The challenging Autódromo Oscar Cabalén, a regular fixture on the Formula Truck calendar, played host to the opening round of...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 62 71.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 18 20.7%