VSCC S2 | General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there's not one up yet for round 3, I'll post it here:
  • Name & Surname: Dewald Nel
  • Number: No Idea
  • Round number: 3
  • Reason: Long weekend, won't be back til Monday.
If there's even enough people left for round 4 in Grid 2, I will race then. Very disappointed with the amount that turned up last night.

20 (twenty!) drivers decided that the second round was too much effort to show up and race.

To be honest I find this completely absurd/crazy/ridiculous and unfortunately this is the last time we have organized a league in the current format where everyone is welcome to join.

I find it specifically sad for @Rupe Wilson who literally worked overtime two weeks ago to provide most drivers with a skin for this series as they couldn't (be bothered to?) make one themselves.

Thankfully we have a core of committed drivers and we continue with them during the next two rounds and give this series a worthy finish. :thumbsup:

20 (twenty!) drivers decided that the second round was too much effort to show up and race.

To be honest I find this completely absurd/crazy/ridiculous and unfortunately this is the last time we have organized a league in the current format where everyone is welcome to join.

I find it specifically sad for @Rupe Wilson who literally worked overtime two weeks ago to provide most drivers with a skin for this series as they couldn't (be bothered to?) make one themselves.

Thankfully we have a core of committed drivers and we continue with them during the next two rounds and give this series a worthy finish. :thumbsup:

Agree with this statement.
I don't think everybody doesn't know how much work it is to let work a championship.

When you sign in you must think before this if you really gonna drive.

Thanks for this. I will have to miss round 3, but I will certainly return for round 4. At this rate, I'll be in Grid 1, come the time :roflmao:

Such a huge amount of drivers not showing up? That's really odd.
I know i had to call of my 2nd race, because of my bad tooth-ache.
Still hurts quite badly, luckily the dentist is scheduled for tomorrow.
But i'm amazed about the amount of people not coming.
It's such a great sim, the track was really challenging too.
The first race was so übercool.

The problem is not from the people who did report their absence, it's from those who didn't.

Server two was desertic, although we were supposed to be at least 15. I know it's server two and it doesn't officially counts for whatever, but I signed up to the championship with the hope to have proper races, not 50 minutes of getting to the finish line...

Organization is good but it might too restrictive. Server 2 should have less strict ruling for signing up since it is a support race. Maybe a shorter race if there are not enough people because 50 minutes with 5 people on the race track (with only 3 making it to the finish) is nothing but boring.

Also the rules for getting into server one should be clearer, I'm not really sure how it works to get a place into the main championship as results for server 2 are never published.

• Darren Jason O'Brien

My apologies if I was to take a spot on the Grid. Still getting used to the way it happens here at RD. Time zone difference in Australia makes it a bit early (6:30 am) but still good.

I am on the Reserve List as I only joined up the other day, so Im not sure if I still go to the Server and see if there are no shows and take there spot or If I am told that I am in the Starting line up ?

Now that I have the world Times sorted here, I am more than happy to get in and race.:)

Bram I agree 100% with your comments. Its time to Pay and Race. In the Real world you pay for your Racing licence, you pay for your Entry, you pay for sevice vehicles and crew,you pay for the race car and running costs. Bram I am tired of seeing guys like you,Rupe, Scott and other in the background who work so hard getting abused by Free loaders (I hate having to say that). I to and other dedicated Sim racers also feel let down when others donot show. (excluding the gents who report their absence). This bull:poop: must stop. This is a well put together league and deserves respect from evey person who signed up:mad:

Pay and play is not the right way. My suggestion: Let premium members have first priority, then members with already proven track record, then everyone else. That way the premium members get something for their premium membership. The experienced guys with proven track record will most likely also get a spot while the rest fill up the grid.
This is one way to fill the grid - the premium members will most likely turn up (they're not premium members for nothing..), and the 2nd priority guys (the regular showups) are normally also found on the grid with very few no shows. And then the rest of the grid will be filled with regular members on a first come, first serve basis.

• Darren Jason O'Brien

Can anyone offer thier car skinning services?

I'll do something for you Dude, Let me know what theme or logos you want and I'll throw a few quickes together for ya, then do a Final one.
:thumbsup:

Just one of My own.

u1ec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That would not really help the amount of drivers not showing up at the 2nd server.
Might even make things worse.
As less people want to dedicate their time.
Maybe make the 2nd server a bit more open to regular members.
The drivers who been training properly will end up first at the starting grid anyway.
So more casual drivers who still want to have a go are maybe more tempted to log in at the 2nd server.

That would not really help the amount of drivers not showing up at the 2nd server.
Might even make things worse.
As less people want to dedicate their time.
Maybe make the 2nd server a bit more open to regular members.
The drivers who been training properly will end up first at the starting grid anyway.
So more casual drivers who still want to have a go are maybe more tempted to log in at the 2nd server.

Agreed. I have always been one of the last members to remain in the few club seasons/leagues I have done here, and I am not a paid member.

This league, for me, is a time filler and for fun more than anything else, but I won't just quit, because it's against my principles. Yes, I'm missing round 3, but I'll be back for round 4.

Basically, I'm saying that it's not fair for normal members only to be punished. I'm sure that some of the 20 no-shows are premium members as well.

As we had so many drivers sign up I made a decision to run a second server so the reserves at least got a chance to have a race,

There were no points to be had in this event run on server 2.
And by showing up on the server you may of got the chance to be promoted to the fist server. if the space was available
Which as you saw did happen to a number of drivers.
We used the same rules for both server so when or if you was promoted to server 1 you could fit in there without a problem.
what we did was give you all a chance to race as opposed to just sitting and waiting for the chance..
But as some guys could not be bothered to follow our simple rules, we had the situation of a very spares grid in server 2,
But as usual we get the blame. when the fact is, the drivers who did not turned up or left caused the problem. Not the running of the second server.
I have no control over this, I did my part and more to provide the reserves with racing.
the drivers list was posted and all were told to be there. which most did for the first event.

Thank you to all the guys that did turn up in the second server and stay even with the low numbers. :thumbsup:

We will be posting a drivers list shortly for the next event.

Last edited:
  • Darren Jason O'Brien

Hey Rupe,

I think some like myself were perhaps a little confused. Being told were reserved drivers I don't think it was clear and that's just me that we were to race on the 2nd Server. My understanding was as a Reserve driver if a spot became available then I was to race in the 2nd Server. Perhaps its the way it been explained (my apologies). I don't think Drivers like myself would waste time and premium memberships to waste yours and everyone else as well.

I am in now way trying to play the blame game, Just being honest and want to race.
:)

We expect you to be present during all races of the season unless you provide an absence report with a valid excuse to the staff. If you happen to miss out on an event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your participation in the league.

Use the following template to fill out an absence report:
  • Name & Surname:
  • Number:
  • Round number:
  • Reason:
Absence reports need to be completed and sent at least 24 hours before the start of the event! Failure to meet the deadline is reason for the league admins expel you from the league!

No other posts in this section apart from your absence please !!
do not pm a member of staff, here is where you post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back