VSCC S1 | Round 3: Londrina | 11 December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after practice last night and some more today I have a very very stable setup that doesnt spin at the first chicane. Saying that though i still cant get anywhere near 1:11 / 12 times. My best times are 1:14's, but they are consistant.

If all goes well in the race I might even finish mid field instead of at the back.

Well after practice last night and some more today I have a very very stable setup that doesnt spin at the first chicane. Saying that though i still cant get anywhere near 1:11 / 12 times. My best times are 1:14's, but they are consistant.

If all goes well in the race I might even finish mid field instead of at the back.
Yes might is a big word, that's if we finish the race Dave :)

Such a small Technical Track there is going to be alot of traffic and confusion i think, where to pull over to let a fast guy through without ruining it for us all :)

Yep best of luck everyone! i'll Qualifying back of the firsl as usual i can just about get in the 1:13's and that's pushing the car to it's limits.

Had no FFB atall for the race :(

Managed to keep going till lap 22 i think then spun on the icey no FFB tack and hit a wall.

Formation lap was ok till S's before start and someone had contact, braked hard and i couldnt avoid them.

Congrats to the winner and other podium guys.

This is impossible. On the two events that i take part i was put off race on those two. Some guys have to learn how to race when someone is right in front of you.

I apologise to Racedepartment, but i will not take part in any more event from this championship. I thank to the organizers, but it's impossible to have fun when you're are always being hit or see people driving reckless on track. Good Luck to all.

Like the rules said: if you start the league you finish the league. Give it a good night sleep, cool down and review it again. Don't understand why people leave the server after an accident. Really public server behavior imo.

Just go to the pit, repair the car and continue driving.

Like a numpty i made minor contact with my teammate on the formation lap which sent me off track. Sorry Jason, really wasn't expecting that at all :( Once the race started i was dead last and had some fun coming up through the field until an incident at the first chicane ultimately ruined my car. It was a fun track but i knew i wouldnt survive the race because there were too many spots to fail. I hope i never have to race this track again lol. I should invest more time in practicing for this series but I blame Battlefield 3 for taking up all my time. II really enjoyed curitiba and had a decent time at interlagos but hated this round. Lets hope the final round brings on some fun and maybe some points :)

My race was tough (understatement). Managed to avoid T1 spin arounds this time :) First stint was really hard because for some reason I lost FFB at the start. Took me 1/2 the race to get used to it and from that moment on had a great race.

Some nice fights with mr Watson which I had to let by again because I was a bit too enthusiastic on the 2nd chicane :)D) from there on tried to consolidate a top 10 finish as that was the maximum for today.

Super hard track to race on. Compliments to the backmarkers this race as we had plenty of room to overtake. Super stuff.

i finished my first league race, i was almost dead last but i stuck it out battling my old battered default setup car.... Kudos to the frontrunners for racing so cleanely, when you lapped me i hope i never slowed you down, i wait until your close enough to me then i slowely move over in the corners or straight, great racing.

Not sure what happened on formation lap, for once i can't complain about it, the guys behind me done great, 4 places ahead of me some1 spun in the S's as Dave said, which then caused abit of a pile up/ crash, i had to wait to let them go, great stuff guys, this track is very challenging i loved it!

Bram your skin is beutiful looks nice in my mirrors :)

Good fair racing again. :)
Was today off pace in Q and race for some reason i dont know. Lost about 0.500 in my pace..
But still good fun. Good some places because of some others misfortune. But lost does again at the end of the first stint and second stint. Still P7 wich oke for me. Improved my Q position and didnt crash on Londrina. :p
If there is a award for most difficult corner in the world, T1 would easy get in the a top 5. ;)

Cya next week at Velopark. :)

Like the rules said: if you start the league you finish the league. Give it a good night sleep, cool down and review it again. Don't understand why people leave the server after an accident. Really public server behavior imo.

Just go to the pit, repair the car and continue driving.

I can see how you could view it that way. From my point of view though, i spent a good couple hours today doing laps by myself in hopes that i can have some fun competition. Once I hit the wall and take severe damage the thought of continuing on time trialing by myself is agonizing. Obviously if i had a championship point in this series i may reconsider but being that i'm so far gone from anything why bother. I've been simracing for some time now so i dont need the experience as i'm going to be this slow for the rest of my life :)

Quali was good with 3rd place.

Race was ok. After the collision I came back in 10 and finished 8th in the end. Some nice fights, but I never got back to my pace. Hope for a great finale at velopark. See you there guys!

Racing means that incident can happen (especially in midfield and at the back). Just like in real life.

I am racing because I love racing and I don't care at all if I get points or not. I enjoy a good fight, an overtake action that succeeds, outbraking another driver and an occasional crash as well. Its all part of the game that makes racing a great sport.

Watch back the curitiba race, i spun round, stalled my engine and had quite some damage. Restarted the car (twice) and started pushing as hard as I could and came back from P16 to P5. That felt like a victory by itself and gave me a lot of pleasure because of the awesome racing with a large group of drivers

I understand what you're saying Bram. But after two races you where you go directly to a brick wall because someone hit's you, you start to feel frustrated.

I didn't train for this race unfortunatly, but i was going to try and do the best i can even if that means finish last. But then it happens the same thing that happened in Curitiba. I'm really sad with this situation, because people need to be more carefull.

I will finish the champioship, but i really hope that in the last race doesn't happen the same thing because it's just ridiculous. It's not racing, it's destruction derby.

Like you said, i love racing too, but unfortunatly i'm not able to because someone hit me and put me in a brick wall.

I will not withdraw from the championship, but i really hope to be able to race in the last event.

The AI almost comes to a stop, but they also have otherwordly control of the brakes.
Anyway, once in the race I only missed T1 teice, not bad.

What I am ckicking myself for right nw is that I totally spaced out and forgot to use PTP!!! I could have easily gained at least 2 positions if I remembered. at least twice in the last 3 laps I was within striking distance ofthe cars ahead and if I had pushed Ptp I would have taken them easily.

This also explains how they were able to take me a couple of time I was wondering how they turned into Sebastian Vetter out of the blue!

Live and learn.

Disappointing race for me. Was hoping for a top 10 finish, but too many mistakes and lengthy pitstops put pay to that.

Started 10th. Fighting with Bram Hengeveld for the first few laps until he made a mistake out of a hairpin. Was then fighting with Ivo Simons and Sergio Junior, getting past Sergio after he spun at T1. Fell back from Ivo, and Sergio caught me. We were side-by-side for about 4 corners! After looking at the replay, I gave Sergio a forceful nudge which put him off track on the inside of the last corner, sorry about that Sergio. Fell behind Sergio again and was battling with Bram until he made a mistake. Was passed by Alexandre Sene, then pitted.

This is where things went wrong. Just after I came out of the pits, I was trying to pass Andy Smith, but tapped him and spun. Two laps later, I spun coming out of the last corner and broke my front wing. Decided to pit, which took 53 seconds! Came out 17th, which is where I finished. Disappointed, but aiming for a better performance at VeloPark. See you all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back