VSCC S1 | Round 3: Londrina | 11 December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see how you could view it that way. From my point of view though, i spent a good couple hours today doing laps by myself in hopes that i can have some fun competition. Once I hit the wall and take severe damage the thought of continuing on time trialing by myself is agonizing. Obviously if i had a championship point in this series i may reconsider but being that i'm so far gone from anything why bother. I've been simracing for some time now so i dont need the experience as i'm going to be this slow for the rest of my life :)
Nathan, me, Dave and Ken are the slowest in sim racing, that i can guarantee, we always Qualifying last or just about mid field when it comes to sim racing.... we laugh it off and get on with it.... why some may ask? well because this is a game and it's fun to race, we love it!

i don't have any points, dave or ken don't have any points, i hit the wall twice and had suspension damage, i pitted 3 times in total, i got lapped twice, i fought hard and unlapped myself once so i was only 1 lap down, it's all about fun and pushing yourself, im not use to being at the back, on other games im either mid field or top, this is one of those things you just get use to, aslong as you have fun and push hard.

if you do not have fun because your dead last or hit the wall then racing may not be for you, as it's part of the sport and it happens. :)

Signing up for a league means you stick it out, whether your a inexperienced, bad driver or a really good driver or not.

Re-signing because of faults of your own which happens more then often believe me, then it can make others question about your commitment for future leagues.

Really enjoyed tonights race, im not the fastest horse out there q 11 ended 10 not bad at all considéring the opposition :). But what i dont like is to get hit from behind it happened twice this race and im not happy about it . So even if u are or think u faster than the guy in front it doesnt give u the right to hit him then pass him .

Cya all on velopark

/Anders

Scott i liked your post. Or i'm not understanding what you're saying or i don't agree with what you're saying.

I love racing. Be sure of that. I just don't love that someone put me into a wall every race. It's not fun. Who say's it is it's being a hypocrite.

So i will race the last race because i commited to RaceDepartment and the guy's diserve that and much because all the time they put into organizing this championship.

But please don't ask me to be happy and get over what happened twice. I know incident's are part of racing, but i also know that being taked out twice by the same guys in the only two event's i took part and get over it it's asking much.

Done talking about this.

then report it diogo if you haven't done already :)

i know you're frustration when that happens, it made me move away from a racing game because of it.... just a shame it's happening in the league, the full season next year will be alot neater i hope and punishments more severe ?

Diogo, I can understand it can be very frustrating at times when you suffer back to back terrible races through no fault of your own. The only thing you can do like you have already said is just try and move on. I would urge you to file reports against the offending drivers so that the staff can try to educate the drivers that are not complying with the rules. We can only try to fix things if we are given the evidence to evaluate. See you at the next round :).

Just a quick question guys. I'm new to RD and was just wondering. I'm a member of a league that issue's license points to anyone who is found to be guilty of poor driving standards. When implemented correctly, it works really well and was just wondering what happens to drivers in this league if there driving is poor. I quite like the licence points thing as it forces drivers to improve.

For the racing club, penalties are issued here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/racing-club-driver-penalties.44007/#post-993861

For leagues, its done through the League admins and penalties will be announced and usually applied to the league that the offence took place. Depending the severity of the incidents, it can range from time/lap/points penalties to removal from the league or removal of licensed/registered membership.

Hope that helps. :)

Well time for a race report, turn up the heating, put your slippers on and prepare to be bored for the entire time you read this or watch the incoming video I am uploading and posting in the media section.....

A truly epic race tonight. I have owned this game for a few moths but only played it for the first time last week in a fun club event at the same track we raced tonight. I was really impressed with the physics and overall game play so decided to sign up to the last two rounds of the RDSCC S1.

I was feeling quite confident as I had practised a bit and the club race the week before taught me a lot. I used the default setup with a rear wing of 4, worked like a treat :).

Qualifying didn't go as well as it could of, but with the times so close it wasn't a big issue. I had a good start using push to pass and made up a position. I then began an epic battle with Felix Luding. The battle lasted for about 15-20 mins with us running side by side on countless occasions with great respect being shown by both drivers. The highlight of this battle was running side by side with Felix into the first chicane, I thought it would end badly for both of us but somehow we managed to fit. I eventually managed to break away from Felix and had some clean air to put some laps in. I had to pit a little bit early due to a fuel miscalculation, I changed all 4 tyres and went out trying to catch the leaders. They seemed to pit very late on and I think they had a much shorter stop than me so maybe they only changed two tyres, not sure though. I managed to catch Adrian and once again, an epic battle began.....

We ran side by side for many laps and fought for every inch of the track, it came down to the last lap, I knew both Adrian and myself had a push to pass available as we had been saving it for the final lap, coming down the back straight Adrian unleased his P2P and passed me, I managed to keep close enough to him to try and use my P2P coming out of the last corner but I failed and got on the gas too quickly and went sideways and lost my chance and getting back 2nd.

Really pleased with 3rd on my first league race with these and very much looking forward to the final round. The driving at the front was very intense but clean, not sure what happened further back.

Thanks Bram + Ivo + RD.

seriously, step down from the brown nose train. me quitting after damage has nothing to do with commitment. i committed 4 hours of my sunday to practice and race and probably 3 to 4 more earlier in the week. i smashed the wall in t1 and didnt feel like crabwalking it back to the pits. i appreciate what u are doingbut i i was simply letting bram know why i didnt carry on and really didnt need the peanut gallery to chime in :) u urself said that this was ur first league finish so dont be a hypocrite.

Just a quick question guys. I'm new to RD and was just wondering. I'm a member of a league that issue's license points to anyone who is found to be guilty of poor driving standards. When implemented correctly, it works really well and was just wondering what happens to drivers in this league if there driving is poor. I quite like the licence points thing as it forces drivers to improve.

Good question!

We encourage drivers to send an incident report after the race (details are in the format how to properly do it) and the outcome is posted here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rdscc-s1-incident-reports.41135/

All league incidents are reviewed and discussed by our entire racing staff and when a normal penalty (seconds or points) doesnt work and the driver is behaving really badly (driving and/or talking) we can revoke his license for 30 days. If a serious incident then happens once more its over and out at RD for the driver.

An average start for me. But I hold the 11-12th places. But José lost control just in front of me. Couldn't avoid him. Broken suspension.
I try to drive as I can until my pitstop. 95 secondes to repair. I prefer giving up...

Let's see on Velopark and thank you for the organisation!

Not one to bitch and moan about incidents, i never find the need to report bad driving. I feel sometimes one makes a judgemental error which compromises other drivers unfairly, but if one apologises and accepts responsibility, the incident should be buried
But in saying this however..... and i feel for Nathan.... whether you are a newbie ....mediocre.driver as myself....or hotshot driver, one has to realise you are sharing a server with many other guys and that they too have as much right to be on that track as you. But when you seem to lose control constantly and become a mennis to all, that is where you have to re-evaluate your approach.

Gentleman....PLEASE...a warmup lap... parade lap....or outlap. is used to keep everyone in their respective qualifying positions until crossing the start finish line...or if it's agreed upon to accelerate when entering the start finish straight. Too much yoyo type driving takes place and normally ends in one or more drivers disaster. Why do this???

As i'm normally toward the back, i take extra care to do the right thing but now on two racing occations, i have been smacked off the track on the warmup stage, and for the first time last night, it got to me a bit.

Bruno,
i see you are relatively new to this, but please buddy, control yourself on the warmup laps. You can't pass the guy in front of you so why not ease off...stay in your position....and prepare youself for the actual start.
I will let this one ride for now,:) but be aware, any further transgressions as last night, will be reported.. Enjoy your racing!!:)

No malice intended...:p

seriously, step down from the brown nose train. me quitting after damage has nothing to do with commitment. i committed 4 hours of my sunday to practice and race and probably 3 to 4 more earlier in the week. i smashed the wall in t1 and didnt feel like crabwalking it back to the pits. i appreciate what u are doingbut i i was simply letting bram know why i didnt carry on and really didnt need the peanut gallery to chime in :) u urself said that this was ur first league finish so dont be a hypocrite.
through no fault of my own ofcourse, my first league finished as i didn't stall the car or smash it to bits, just unlucky in the first 2 races that is all.

i like that word "peanut gallery" haha.

Not one to bitch and moan about incidents, i never find the need to report bad driving. I feel sometimes one makes a judgemental error which compromises other drivers unfairly, but if one apologises and accepts responsibility, the incident should be buried
But in saying this however..... and i feel for Nathan.... whether you are a newbie ....mediocre.driver as myself....or hotshot driver, one has to realise you are sharing a server with many other guys and that they too have as much right to be on that track as you. But when you seem to lose control constantly and become a mennis to all, that is where you have to re-evaluate your approach.

Gentleman....PLEASE...a warmup lap... parade lap....or outlap. is used to keep everyone in their respective qualifying positions until crossing the start finish line...or if it's agreed upon to accelerate when entering the start finish straight. Too much yoyo type driving takes place and normally ends in one or more drivers disaster. Why do this???

As i'm normally toward the back, i take extra care to do the right thing but now on two racing occations, i have been smacked off the track on the warmup stage, and for the first time last night, it got to me a bit.

Bruno,
i see you are relatively new to this, but please buddy, control yourself on the warmup laps. You can't pass the guy in front of you so why not ease off...stay in your position....and prepare youself for the actual start.
I will let this one ride for now,:) but be aware, any further transgressions as last night, will be reported.. Enjoy your racing!!:)

No malice intended...:p

I have to agree with you 100%. Bruno was completely out of order on the parade lap. He overtook me two or three times and race me when I took it back. He also hit me 2/3 times as well as hitting you. Not pretty. I will leave it for now but it looked suspect to me.

I just had a look at the replay. I'm not gonna mention any names but I think I've witnessed the worst display of driving ever. It's almost as if the car was being driven by a blind AI driver!! If a driver does not get reported by any driver he hits do the race mods review the race for themselves to look for obvious signs of crap driving?? Can any driver report any other driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%