VSCC S1 | Round 1: Curitiba | 13 November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that was very intense for me, i lasted 19 laps or so, until i pushed my tyres to fast and went off, hit the barrier, i couldn't come back on track as there we're a bunch of cars passing, i came back on safely soon after only to go on the grass without hardly any control and catch fire! Hmmf

Well to jog your memory's i'll post up the best pictures i got of the action from you guys.

Only a selected few, to view the rest go to the Album Here

It's starting to heat up and the battle is on!
GRAB_027.jpg

GRAB_029.jpg

GRAB_030.jpg

GRAB_012.jpg

A nice race with some batlles for me.
But a wrong pit for me. I tought the number for fuel was the fuel added. It is NOT. I wanted to add 50 liters and went off with 50 liters, not with 50 liters ADDED. So 13th instead of 6th. Baaaah, it is the race. See you on next track. Thank you for the orga.

Very fun race for me !! some great battle. Next time i'll estimate a little better when i go to pits (too many laps with "destroyed" tyre)

Congrats and thanks for the events.

Patrick, can you check that you have Relative Fuel Strategy="1" in your .plr config file?

Hated the race. I was hit several times. Two times before the race even start.

This was not fun for me. Always tried to overtake with clean moves, and get hited by the guy i overtaked.

Hope the next one will be more fun.

Sorry Diogo...I think one of those hits was from me. I just seemed to lose it going over a bump under braking and couldn't avoid the tail of your car :(
I did slow down to give the place back but didn't see you come round...

@ Diogo : Sorry, I tried to avoid the collision but locked up on very worn tyres and could not steer out of the way. Again i am sorry for this.

I had a very lonely race, the only cars i saw for most of it were the leaders lapping me. It was a good race though to me, mainly because i finished it. Kept seeing lots of debris on the circuit and thought i might make another place up from an accident, but i didnt. At 1 point my favorite car was racing (Small boxy and TEST on the side).

My back started to give me problem during the race and had the occasional spasm in my legs which were fun lol. Few painkillers during my 1 stop and i was right for the next stint.

Congrats to the podium guys and Thx to Bram for setting it up, oh and Robert for the skin pack.

See you all next race.

Great race for me, had some confusion and some VERY near misses, but satisified with my result.

Qualified 11th, which I was satisfied with, but started last! Note to self: never go for a quick toilet break at the end of the warmup! By the time I came back, I was still in the pits but everyone else was doing the formation lap! I caught up to the back of the pack, then it went from there. Fought my way up to about 14th I think, but then hit Leonardo Ferreira side on after he came across the track following some contact. Spent five laps with terrible understeer due to front damage, then pitted, and was stuck behind Diogo Pinto who had lapped me! Had a very near miss with him coming into turn one (Sorry Diogo!) then managed to unlap myself. Was uneventful unti I made a mistake coming out of the tight hairpin, but took advantage of other people's mistakes to take 15th place.

Thanks to RD for organising, see you all next time!

I didnt know that there was push to pass. That would have made my night much better for sure. Tried on 3 different occasions in the early laps to pass a certain driver only to have him cut my nose off into turn one. What happened to leaving room?? Finally got by on the 3rd try but he still went for the apex of turn one causing contact and sending me around right in front of Leonardo. Come on man, leave some room when someone clearly has the nose out in front. Even if i cant see someone on my inside when approaching a turn, i sure as hell have the awareness to know he's there and leave room.

@Diogo Sorry for my contact on you. I was going to go wide at that turn but you started powersliding and that made contact inevitable. I tried to lock em up but went sideways as well.

Was looking forward to fighting for a top ten but damage to my car and some incidents wouldnt have any of that. How do i use push to pass? That would have really helped me to avoid all the drama in the opening laps :)

@ Nathan : To use Push to Pass just press the button or key its assigned to and you get an extra 50 bhp to help overtake. You can use it 8 times in a race and once used you have to wait a couple of minutes before its ready to use again.

Q:

Couldnt really get a perfect lap together. To much traffic and some people rejoining on the racing line also a couple of times..
8th

Race:

Start was oke. We didnt really went after the last corner. But because of that i got a good run on Patrick.
And could get his position in T1. After some laps someone spun in T1 and was facing backwards on the grid. Couldnt avoid him anymore and hit him. Got some damage and lost 3 positions. After that a good battle towards the pitstop.
But then i came across a backmarker in s3 and he didnt want to move over the whole time. Was crazy. Got a good run after the hairpin so thought now he probably will know i am here because i am next to him. But instead of letting me go he starts racing me and takes me out in the second to last corner. Went hard in the wall and got some big damage. Think i was only lucky i didnt lose a wing or something.
Not sure who it was need to check the replay
Went in the pit a lap later for tires and fuel. Undercut worked and came ahead of the guys we were first infront of me. But my car was a mess because of that crash. Lapping 0.500 slower then normal and only hit 236 on the straight so was a sitting duck. Still some good battling with Bram, Robert, Patrick and Adrian but couldnt give them my best with that car. Last laps i was abit lucky with Patrick who needed to pit again and Junior who was on a 2 stopper. So still finished 7th but what if, crossed my mind a couple of times because i could easy follow the pace of Kenneth in the opening laps. Still some great racing but i think i need to fill in some incident reports also and i hope people take care of the blue flags also abit better. Because i had the feeling some people drove without any mirrors

Cya at Interlagos

Qualification:

Went pretty good. Only needed one lap basically to secure P2. Was still some room for improvements and with an more empty tank i think I could have challenged Alexandre for P1.

Race:

Start was okay. In the first laps made a few mistakes (one where i missed my braking point for the first corner ending in a nice fly :D). Not sure what happened the moment I spun out (need to check the replay). I lost traction coming out of the hairpin and needed to lift the throttle to correct the car. That moment I was tapped from behind resulting my car to spin out.

Overall the driving in the first few laps was a bit too aggressive in my opinion and at some points people really need to read the overtaking and defending rules a bit better. You are allowed to block/defend one time per straight. After that you need to hold you line. In my case somebody more or less tried to push me into the grass the moment I got past him. This is not how racing should be, but okay.

After the spin my engine stalled (driving without auto clutch) and had to restart twice which costed me a lot of time. Same happened during the pitstop and had to fight myself back into the top 15. Had a great fight in a group with Robert, Patrick and Ivo with some high quality driving. Very very cool!

End result P5. Better luck in two weeks I hope.

Thanks everybody for showing up. It was absolutely awesome to see 34 cars on a single track. Fabulous experience. More at Interlagos in two weeks :doublethumb:

@Scott Webber: thanks for the wonderful pictures in post #21 :thumb:

Very fun race for me !! some great battle. Next time i'll estimate a little better when i go to pits (too many laps with "destroyed" tyre)

Congrats and thanks for the events.

Patrick, can you check that you have Relative Fuel Strategy="1" in your .plr config file?

I will check this Cedric. Thanks. I never drove rF (I drove it 10 minutes five years ago, then uninstalled ;-))

Q:

Qualifying wasn't too interesting from my side. Managed to squeeze out a 1.18: and was just happy with it. (First 18 if I remember correctly)

R:

Race was great. First 10 laps I was watching the battles between Bram and Pinto. After Bram's small mistake Pinto couldn't avoid to hit his back. Bram may have saved it, but the lil touch from Pinto spun him... That gave me the possibility to fight for 3rd with Pinto. That was my highlight in this race. We switched positions almost every lap until Pinto made his pit-stop. Normally I would have driven even more laps in the first stint, but with Pinto back out on new tires, I had to make the change now. It was a quick stop which got me a 4 second lead to Pinto. I also could see 2nd placed Gaczella. He was struggling with his tires I guess, because I could get at him quite fast. I tried to close the gab in the final stages of the race (was only 1.5 sec. then) but hit my second to last push-to-pass to early and almost spun on my way out of the last corner. Gaczella was gone again and with 2 laps left there wasn't a real chance. Managed to close the gap again and came in 0.9 sec. behind him.

This 3rd place is awesome coming from nowhere into my first league race. First race, first start, first pitstop, first everything and I'm still thrilled. If I only had known how great this is. :rolleyes:

Oh and I lost my connection 4 minutes before the race (!!!) And I lost it again 1 lap after the race (!!!) So call me a lucky idiot *g* I will call my I-Net Provider today.

Thanks again for this experience and I can't wait for Interlagos.

@Jari: That is a great news. Always love to listen to Toby!

well, what a disaster for me, with 3 minutes of warm up to go my power goes, sat in darkness shouting to myself, nooooooooooo, came back on about 2 mins later. by the time i got back in the game, everybody was sitting on the grid for warm up lap, so i joined quick, forgetting i had only 4 laps what i was using for quali, i started 27 th and was soon up to 19th, thinking to myself wow im doing quite well here, then on lap 5 it happened rasn out.. lol.. sorry nate for letting the team down, will do better at interlagos..:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back