Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

The 2018 model is still a bit of a let down IMO. The change from LODa to LODb is terrible with horrible square tires in LODb. All LODs still have an excessive amount of objects too which kill performance with large grids.

Left mirror still has a sharp crease from un-smoothed normals and the black dot in the right mirror is too low res for something right in your face the whole time.

UVs are still messed up on LODb as well from use of basic decimation tools.

LODa weighs in at over 400k triangles which is pretty nuts IMO. Where the 99 car comes in at just under 300k and looks much much better overall. The tires on the 18 car have way too many triangles to be useful. You could cut them in half and they would still look fine.

There are more issues with it but I'm on my phone right now and can't remember them all. I can provide pictures later if needed but most of this stuff is pretty obvious.

Not a fan of the physics either but that is something we can fix as end users (although we shouldn't have to) The model however we can't without screwing up all the animations.

Last edited:
Any word on updated versions to the 99 and 2018's if they were purchased separately? Not as part of the entire pack?

The Formula NA Package has been updated to V1.5!
Update includes fixes for some of the FNA2018 model problems you have mentioned here. We still need to check the rear wing position and the fins size, as well as the roll hoop but as I said earlier it's likely that those changes will make all created skins incompatible.
I think that having a more accurate model will benefit us all in the long term, skins can always be changed/reworked... just my two cents ;)

I think that having a more accurate model will benefit us all in the long term, skins can always be changed/reworked... just my two cents ;)

Don't worry this won't be the last update, but we wanted you all to have the fixes we had already done. We will keep working on it. :thumbsup:

hey I know people keep bugging you, but could you try to change the oval physics a bit, the cars wont turn in sometimes and require heavy breaking where it shouln't

@MHS @Qazdar Karim

Nice updates :) Finally had a chance to give it a go yesterday. There is one thing, though: I'd like to renew my old request to have the carbon parts material get its darkness from the carbon detail texture, and not from a low ambient setting in the shader so that we can paint those parts. This wasn't really an issue with the release version because I could just edit the material setting in CM to my liking, and I don't race online so I didn't care about any possible mismatches, but the update version has locked down the .KN5 file so I can no longer do this on my end.

Previous version with my edits (see floor beside sidepod):
preview.jpg

Updated version, not possible to edit:
Capture.PNG

Any chance that will be changed? I'd also like the suspension arms to get the same change, for the same reason. I don't see any benefit to the darkness coming from a material setting and not from the carbon texture itself, but it does have this drawback of limiting livery creativity.

We know it took a while, but here it is.

Formula NA Pack updated!

Changelog:
-ALL CARS: Corrected weight and inertias.
-ALL CARS: Updated suspension.
-ALL CARS: Minor tweaks to tyre grip.
-ALL CARS: New UI VRC Logos.
-FNA2018 & FNA2012: Adjusted engine power.
-FNA2018 & FNA2012: All new LODs.
-FNA2018 & FNA2012: LOD A improvements and optimization.
-FNA2018: Added optional AFP device.
-FNA2018: Carbody shape tweaks.
-FNA2018: Sounds: Volume adjustments.
-FNA2018: Sounds: Re-Mixed Internal Samples.
-FNA2012: New skins.
-FNA2012: New CSP skins configurations.

As usual you can download it from VRC's website using your download credentials.
You can either download the full Formula NA Package or its components individually.
VRC's Formula NA 2020 car will be included in next update
That meaning, everyone who bought Formula NA Pack will be getting FNA2020 car for free.

Hey MHS, thank you so much for this new update! One question though. Although the email that I used to purchase still works when I enter it in the VRC download page, I don't actually have access to it anymore. Is there any way for me to change it?

Reactions: MHS
Hey MHS, thank you so much for this new update! One question though. Although the email that I used to purchase still works when I enter it in the VRC download page, I don't actually have access to it anymore. Is there any way for me to change it?
Please send us an email (vrc.modding.team@gmail.com) and we will kindly assist you.

thanks for the work... but its not really drivable... can you increase the slip and grip for the road tires to... like a lot :p

the CART cars had crazy sticky Firestone tires when chemicals were still alowed to be used in the rubber... source: Dario Franchitti.

So i purchase the cars one at the time and not the pack, is this update live for me (car download page) us well or only in pack owners? And i have access in the 2020 car or i need to buy it for that reason?

thanks for the work... but its not really drivable... can you increase the slip and grip for the road tires to... like a lot :p

the CART cars had crazy sticky Firestone tires when chemicals were still alowed to be used in the rubber... source: Dario Franchitti.

Thank you for your feedback :thumbsup: I think car is really driveable, do you really find it that hard to drive?

View attachment 395380

Thanks for updating the carbon shader :)

Thank you for your awesome liveries and for your patience regarding this update.

So i purchase the cars one at the time and not the pack, is this update live for me (car download page) us well or only in pack owners? And i have access in the 2020 car or i need to buy it for that reason?

All cars individually have also been updated. In our website's "version history" section of each mod you can check the dates when all builds were released. Summing up, if you bought cars individually, of course those get updated for you too.
2020 car will only be bundled with the pack.

Hey up guys,
Just a query, the NA 2012 which i've only just acquired, seem to fast for some circuits. Mid ohio ( Non-Chicane ) go off at the 2nd corner. Sonoma, at the carousel, they fly off the circuit more or less every time. I can't seem to find the ai hints either.
Thing is, i tried other sets of cars, i.e, NA 1999, RSS Formulas and they all seem to make it, but not these.
Also, these set of cars seems to take up a lot of CPU action too which is a shame compared to other sets.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back