Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

Glad you all seem to like the track! I'm very fortunate to have the real one only ~25 mins from my house. Absolutely beautiful facility and a fun track to drive!

Beautiful piece of country, too! A few years back I drove down from Toronto and I was blown away by the area. Not at all what I was expecting!

So excited to see this is out! Hopefully I can find some time to give it a go soon! :D

@Rigel
Great work on the Alabama rollercoaster! :thumbsup:

Found an rather long hole in the gound between the pitlane and the paddock at pit exit.
Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_2018_road_vrc_alabama_9-12-118-17-31-12.jpg

Some shaders throw errors in the log.txt:
Code:
INIReader: system/shaders/win/stPerPixelNM_UVflow_meta.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [METADATA] ALPHATEST
INIReader: system/shaders/win/stPerPixelNM_UVflow_meta.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [METADATA] PARTICLE
INIReader: system/shaders/win/stPerPixelNM_UVflow_meta.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [METADATA] SKINNED
BTW i have never seen the requirement to use additional shaders, as without them track doesn't load.

Some DRS zone(s) would be a nice additon for the complete AC content. ;)

After driving the Track for couple Laps my Fastest Lap so far was a 1.06.522, but i still struggle with the rear coming out of the slow corners losing traction. 1.05 should be possible with a decent Setup.

It's new. I would get used to it. Watkins requires shaders too. Allows us to add new and exciting things like lit up objects, animations, and in this case "moving" water.
I have no problem with it, more features are welcome! :thumbsup:
Only wondered why there were overwritten existing files. First though of overwritten stock AC files, but it seems, that those are from Watkins Glen. Maybe the error log is related to this.

Man, how are you guys getting down into the 106's? Pole for Newgarden last year was 107.44.

I'm down to 1:8.5 and I don't where I can make up another 2 or 3 seconds!

Almost everywhere, but especially on the main straight, FPS go down to 7 sometimes, but it stutters all over the track. Tried with various mods, so it must be track related.
Ok, we will take a look and see if there's something we can optimize.

I try a Track Day and i've the AI cars doing this... they dont run the pitlane and try to go on track trough the guard rail....
I've missed something? Thanks
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_vrc_alabama_10-12-118-23-42-46.jpg

thanks, it works great
Seems also well optimized, on my little notebook (i7 + 32gb + gtx980m), 60fps solid with 20 cars grid and headlights on.

I did notice quite a few of the 99 cars off track/spining @ T2 just out the pits, not sure if it affects the other cars as of yet. Been driving the track in the NA cars for 2 days so far and still far from working it out. Hats of to you Rigel, its everything and lot more than I hoped for. Keep these US tracks coming!

Today, we're happy to release version 1.1 of our Formula NA Alabama Racing Course, this update includes several fixes/improvements based on your much appreciated feedback.

As usual, if you purchased the Formula NA Package you can either download the full Formula NA Package which was updated to V1.4, including this Alabama Racing Course fixes or just the track on its own.

Changelog:

-Fixed AI bug where cars won't leave pit.
-Fixed “hole in the gound” between the pitlane and the paddock at pit exit.
-General track models optimization.
-Setting world detail to "low" now makes spectators and bushes disappear, while "very low" hides also the cars and trucks in the paddock.
-Added DRS zones.

VRC wish you all a very happy Christmas and end of the year, so as a present for and thanking for all your support we will be offering a 50% off on all our mods until December 27th!!!

2018 has been a very special year for VRC Modding Team. Not only we have started to extend our well known historic F1 car collection but we started to work on our very first paid only Formula NA Modification.
In 2019 we will extend our libary further by electryfying your driving experience.
You can expect more Betas to become avaible for everyone and as always, there is a little suprise waiting around the corner.

Thank you so much for your support. Our community is growing day by day!
Witthout you this wouldn't be possible and we hope to see you back in 2019!

Since then, enjoy our Christmas sale!

Hey VRC crew,

may I ask you a question about the position of the rearwing on the NA 2018 road course car? I've been scrolling through my twitter feed and saw a couple of shots of yesterday's IndyCar test at Laguna Seca - then I suddenly remembered what I already noticed back when the car was released last year, I just forgot about it because the IndyCar season was basically finished.

Based on the footage I've seen of the real car (pictures, videos, even iRacing IR18 footage) I came to the conclusion that the rearwing on the NA 18 is positioned/attached too close to the engine/driver/center of the car and because of that the NA 18 is shorter than the actual IR18 (don't worry, I've attached some pics for comparison).

I only noticed that on the roadcourse version, the oval version is spot on.
I'm not a 3d modeling guy but I think that fixing the rearwing position wouldn't be too much work since the actual rearwing geometry seems to be correct, the rearwing itself just has to be moved a bit towards the back.

I think that fixing the rearwing position would be welcomed by all of us because this small change actually has a very big impact on the overall look of the car on track. :thumbsup:

NA 2018 showroom.jpg Ericsson Laguna Seca 2019.jpg indycar-sonoma-test-2018-31.jpg 04CJ1824A-1.jpg

Here are some unofficial renders (they look spot on to me though):
https://twitter.com/chrisduffbeatty/status/885831824500568065

And the only official rendering can be found in this Youtube video from the IndyCar channel

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years