VR is Coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this October..

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.jpg

Launching to Early Access this September 12th, Kunos Simulazioni have laid down their development release schedule for ACC over the coming months...

So that's it then, VR confirmed! With the initial release of ACC on Steam Early Access scheduled for September 12th set to contain a limited selection of content and features, Kunos have confirmed the following months will see a gradual monthly update to the simulation, adding more cars, tracks, features and content to the sim until it reaches an eventual version 1 launch sometime around the first quarter of 2019.

So back to VR then... well many people have questioned if ACC will follow on from the original Assetto Corsa and come with VR support in the new title, functionality that is natively supported in Unreal 4, and it now looks like the answer is yes.. but not for initial launch in September.. VR coming as part of the second patch on October 10th... which is good news indeed for Virtual Reality fans...

You can check out the initial release calendar below:

ACC Release Roadmap .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will release on Steam Early Access this September 12th.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2.jpg

Happy to see the proposed progress of ACC? Pleased VR will be coming sooner rather than later? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

I am ashamed to admit that my Rift is gathering dust. It is just too uncomfortable to have this on your head/face and the benefit is not enough (after the wow factor in the beginning). I am pretty fine with single monitor. Obviously I am not a sim fanatic but I sim every day.

I was on the same page and after 2 months I sold it!!

I believe ACC will finally convince VR fanboys of its current crap stage... he he he

VR is not a gimmick if it improves the users laptimes or ability to race better.

I do think with the new visuals, the graphical elements the game brings with night/rain it is going to raise the bar regards the immersion quite a lot over what AC already does.

VR is not a gimmick if it improves the users laptimes or ability to race better.

I do think with the new visuals, the graphical elements the game brings with night/rain it is going to raise the bar regards the immersion quite a lot over what AC already does.

VR makes you faster but doesnt make you the fastest compared to people using monitors so at this stage is leaning more towards gimmick! Just like my 7.000£ rig which I consider a gimmick as well!!
Sold my Rift because I didnt consider it a finished product!
Will wait for a serious release. One that I can consider as the only way to go and therefore makes me sell my monitor.

Yes, good communication from Kunos and VR coming sooner may influence sales for those who have VR...unfortunately I have not invested in VR as yet as my old GTX690 is not compatible, but more than happy with my triple screen set up until I can afford a better PC and VR at a later date....but also hoping that my GTX690 will cope running ACC in triples
Sorry to say that, but I doubt that your VGA will handle ACC with reasonable FPS.
I have GTX 1060 and I think that won't be enough either, with everything on max. :(
And I don't want to play with all graphic settings on minimum because what's all the Unreal Engine 4 about?
And as for the VR set, I don't even try. I think 1070 is the absolute minimum.

I am ashamed to admit that my Rift is gathering dust. It is just too uncomfortable to have this on your head/face and the benefit is not enough (after the wow factor in the beginning). I am pretty fine with single monitor. Obviously I am not a sim fanatic but I sim every day.
IT's no worse than wearing a full helmet.

Sorry my friend. It's been mentioned on here a few times already but the files for the game will be encrypted. Similar sort of deal to Raceroom I would imagine.

So modding is not possible with ACC, possibly at the request of the SRO licensing agreement, not sure. Even skinning has not been mentioned as a possibility (not from what I've read anyway).

However there are always seems to be some clever people around who figure things out. We'll see.

On the bright side I can almost see AC1 becoming the RF1 of sim racing. It will still be used for years I reckon.
GT Legends was encrypted when it was released, now there is plenty of mod cars and tracks. So fingers crossed...

cant see rly a point for making a demo for EA, but keep in mind you can play less than 2h and then refund it
nice to point that out. my card is one notch too small if they stick with the minimum specs floating around atm. i will probably buy, find out it does not support my card and then refund (and then cry a little, sniff sniff), thx for the info!

Last edited:
Is it that hard to release a finished product nowadays?

Kunos released AC as EA, too. And it obviously helped them with funding the development. I bought it the first day on steam, it was a mess at the beginning, my laptop could barely handle the game and still I never regretted getting it. If you want the full release, wait till it gets released. I'm happy to get it asap, even without VR support the first month or so.

VR makes you faster but doesnt make you the fastest compared to people using monitors so at this stage is leaning more towards gimmick! Just like my 7.000£ rig which I consider a gimmick as well!!
Sold my Rift because I didnt consider it a finished product!
Will wait for a serious release. One that I can consider as the only way to go and therefore makes me sell my monitor.
You have a 7.000£ rig with a single monitor? :O_o:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea