VR is Coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this October..

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.jpg

Launching to Early Access this September 12th, Kunos Simulazioni have laid down their development release schedule for ACC over the coming months...

So that's it then, VR confirmed! With the initial release of ACC on Steam Early Access scheduled for September 12th set to contain a limited selection of content and features, Kunos have confirmed the following months will see a gradual monthly update to the simulation, adding more cars, tracks, features and content to the sim until it reaches an eventual version 1 launch sometime around the first quarter of 2019.

So back to VR then... well many people have questioned if ACC will follow on from the original Assetto Corsa and come with VR support in the new title, functionality that is natively supported in Unreal 4, and it now looks like the answer is yes.. but not for initial launch in September.. VR coming as part of the second patch on October 10th... which is good news indeed for Virtual Reality fans...

You can check out the initial release calendar below:

ACC Release Roadmap .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will release on Steam Early Access this September 12th.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2.jpg

Happy to see the proposed progress of ACC? Pleased VR will be coming sooner rather than later? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

I'd say for most things non sim racing, VR could be considered a gimmick. As sim racers, I feel VR is almost completely made for us. Anything seat based with a realistic control setup (included flight sims, obviously) is just perfect for VR. I wasn't a believer until I jumped into it. With time and improvements, VR is going to be amazing. Still a while to go yet, but I am waiting for my Pimax 8K to get here to really see how much of a leap can be made.

my old GTX690 is not compatible, but more than happy with my triple screen set up until I can afford a better PC and VR at a later date....but also hoping that my GTX690 will cope running ACC in triples

In my secondary really old rig i have a phenom 1055t@3200, 8gb ram, GTX 660, rift DK2 and windows 7 ( not supported cpu-gpu-OS-headset) but AC performs pretty good

Guys you need to upgrade your video cards, Nvidia are ending driver support for Fermi GeForce GPU's, this affects the 500, 600 and some 700 series GeForce cards.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...tops-for-fermi-gpus-32-bit-operating-systems/

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-will...ers-for-32-bit-oses-and-fermi-graphics-cards/

I feel sorry for people who don't like it, honestly i have no intention of ever returning to a screen unless my wife carries on appearing in my racecar making me jump out of my skin (does anyone else find it terrifying getting disturbed in a race) to ask if i know where the sellotape is. But in general i love it, AC has the best VR imo.

I actually screamed once, I was tapped on the shoulder. Scared the hell out of me for some reason.

I think it's best compared if you were driving alone at night and something touched you, that feeling lol

I think this should be standard for all racing sims in 2018 and beyond, at least ones that want to be taken seriously.I mean if you are marketing a racing title, then why wouldn't you market it to the entire market, at least give the people/customers the option to use VR or not.
As far as people considering it a gimmick, they probably feel a wheel a gimmick as well, but they are entitled to that opinion. Racing sims have come along way over the last 25 years and if people want to continue playing on a 2D flat screen with a keyboard then so be it, but me, I prefer a 3D cockpit with a wheel, but that's just my opinion and I like that option.

I am yet to experience EA. What are the perks anyways? I mean it's obvious in other games that if you own the previous version of the title, you are entitled to EA. At least that's what I have read from somewhere. Or do I have to pay full price and slowly get what I paid for via updates? I hope it's like pre order where it's cheaper for early birds.

Normally Early Access gives you a smaller amount of content, for a cheaper entry price to encourage people to jump on board. Whether you think the limited amount of content is worth it, it's a no brainer if you plan on buying the game once fully released anyway. Generally you will save around a third of the price.

I am yet to experience EA. What are the perks anyways? I mean it's obvious in other games that if you own the previous version of the title, you are entitled to EA. At least that's what I have read from somewhere. Or do I have to pay full price and slowly get what I paid for via updates? I hope it's like pre order where it's cheaper for early birds.

EA is basically today's term for beta testing, with the exception being that you more than likely will pay full price for a unfinished product, the only real perk(s) is giving feedback and of course access to try the product before official release. Sometimes the DEVs will give EA users some sorta free content or discount of some sort but that's completely up to them.

Reactions: NDG
The whole release plan and attitude towards the upcoming release looks very professional and I wish Kunos best success.

I surely will be buying as soon as it becomes available but:

No Porsche until after late February 2019 sure SUCKS.

EA is basically today's term for beta testing, with the exception being that you more than likely will pay full price.

Every early access game that I've bought has been cheaper than the final release. There are sometimes ones that offer ea at an inflated price to discourage everyone but the enthusiasts to purchase, but they are fairly rare.

I'd say for most things non sim racing, VR could be considered a gimmick. As sim racers, I feel VR is almost completely made for us. Anything seat based with a realistic control setup (included flight sims, obviously) is just perfect for VR. I wasn't a believer until I jumped into it. With time and improvements, VR is going to be amazing. Still a while to go yet, but I am waiting for my Pimax 8K to get here to really see how much of a leap can be made.
I wouldn't reduce it down to seated experiences. Recently i bought Lone Echo and i absolutely love it. Didn't take seat in one of my virtual cars/aircraft/helicopters/trucks/spaceships since then. Zero-G is just perfect for VR, can't wait for Echo Combat.
Maybe the Vive is but i own a Rift and I find it absolutely game changing !
He is just not capable to set it up properly, i have seen people like this already...no correct IPD, bad FPS, no supersampling - well, it really takes some fiddelling to get it properly setup

I tried a VR headset rig at the Silverstone Classic. I think it was very immersive, although for me the two things which need to improve in order for me to think about investing are;

1, the relatively low res image
2, this glassy / rainbowy / blurry effect which appears on occasions (I guess if the lenses aren't at the right distance from your face).

If they can improve those two things then I would consider one.

I'll be waiting for the VR inclusion but will still be buying on the 12th September as I'm very eager to see how the UE4 handles a racing sim, seriously pumped for this title - really looking forward too it.

In the world of gaming VR is not a big deal , in the small Sim racing world it is....Sim racing VR user feel very strongly about using VR for racing. Would have been a tough choice if there was no VR on ACC.
Great to see it won't be too long....i just hope VR support doesn't get delayed.

Main selling points for any new racing title VR,Multiplayer and Rating system

No idea if my PC will be up to spec but am gonna make it work....

For those saying gimmicks they're just trolling....Forgive them for they don't have a clue.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.