F1 2011 Vote: Who will buy F1 2011 if F1 2010 is not fixed?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
In terms of value for $$$ I think CM should put out an upgrade to give the new cars, drivers & possibly tracks for 2011, so that we can still get the value out of our 2010 version. Surely the physics won;t be changing that much, other than the obvious bug fixes. I jsut think it would be a good way for CM to pay me back for the pain this version has caused just from the savegame bug alone. I still get sh!t scared after every R&D session...

Here goes,

Deep Breath.....

CodeMaster is known for making Really good Racing Games, they pulled out alot of stops for F1 2010, as people know they should have spent that extra time on it, working on the AI, who knows what they we're thinking when creating the AI? No one will ever know!

Graphics are Superb, Damage is good but could be improved.

Overall the Game scores 8.5 out of 10..... With F1 2011 in the works hopefully CM will take on board the feedback from their dedicated Custeromers such as myself, will they do a really good job and improve? Only time will tell :)

I for one am certain F1 2011 will be a major improvement over 2010 and with all the new rule changes it even more warrants the price of a new game for me. As for whether the biggest issues of 2010 will all be fixed, I don't know, but I think some of them will...or at least have been improved by quite a margin. That will be good enough for me. Even with the flaws of F1 2010, I am still loving the game. So buying F1 2011 is a no brainer for me, as I am a big F1 fan too.

i personaly think its amazing so manny people are bashing this game, ive been playing since release day (still am btw.) and off course there were a few little 'things', but there is no such thing as the 'flawless game' , and i believ codie's did a real good job on this game, theyre patch sorted the problems that made the game less enjoyable, and i support the desision to not go for a patch nr.2, they will blow ALL of our minds with 2011, im fully sure of that =].

so buying 2011? hmm.... F**K YEAH!

Nope, i will wait about 6 month, reading their forum, looking at YT vids etc to get an impression. Im convinced that F1 2011 will be a 100% port from console. I dont own a console so CM must work real hard to convince me, as a simbin lover, that they are capable of making good PC F1 sims.

I'd like to experience the rule changes for 2011 (mostly the softer tyres and more pit stops which seem to make the racing much more dynamic), but seeing that Codies released a broken patch and never bothered fixing it, they will have to bring in seriously glowing reviews to get a sale from me.

Besides, I really have a hard time justifying 50EUR for game that mainly looks to be an "update" with some new car skins and a few tiny rule/stat changes. For example I'm fairly sure it would be possible to "mod" the Pirelli tyre apperance and lack of lifetime into 2010. So what other new features can we expect that go beyond just what should be a DLC?

Well, it doesn't matter if they fix F1 2010. F1 2011 will be no buy for me. CM is not ready to develop a F1 game. And if they make a sequel like F1 2011 than they should only release it for the console. The lack of options as we see in rFactor or simbin sims is just a killer for me. I have raced F1 2010 for a few hours, put it on the shelf and never toughed it again. The pit stops were just one big bug...PITSTOPS!!! THE most important aspect of F1. And i will not talk about the safety cars, warming up lap, outlap, engine blowups ect ect ect.

If i play an F1 game i stick to EA F1 2002. Next to that GP 4 by Jeff has been the best F1 game so far. CM cant beat that (even not in this high tech moment of PC's and consoles).

Me too, an F1 game is an F1 game End of.
EA F1 games were crap. Grand Prix games will always rule until microprose/Geoff Grammond make another. Codemasters F1 needs a lot of work but the fixes it needs are not major. They are small changes which will be made for the new game(plus a few big ones hopefully). You shoudn't play a game for a few hours and then decide that it wasn't designed to suit your specific needs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back