F1 2011 Vote: Who will buy F1 2011 if F1 2010 is not fixed?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I'll definitely get it. Despite the problems and certain omissions it's still a great game / sim. Would love to see all the things that have been highlighted fixed but in particular the lack of telemetry and better replay system is what I want to see sorted out.

Without a doubt. I've been deprived of a F1 game on a console for many years. Now that one has finally surfaced, even with the minor bugs, I'm having so much fun with it.

I tell you what though, I've found it even better because of this forum. That is now I've met a few people in such a short space of time who drive properly!

I can't wait for F1 2011 but this game is doing well to keep me thoroughly entertained.

Paul

Without a doubt. I've been deprived of a F1 game on a console for many years. Now that one has finally surfaced, even with the minor bugs, I'm having so much fun with it.

I tell you what though, I've found it even better because of this forum. That is now I've met a few people in such a short space of time who drive properly!

I can't wait for F1 2011 but this game is doing well to keep me thoroughly entertained.

Paul

+1

I actually hope 2011 release doesnt come around too soon - need to get my moneys worth from 2010 yet! :p

I will buy it. As already stated, "No game is perfect". I am hoping however that CM corrects some of the major issues in 2010. Also I have stated in other posts, that it would seen logical to take F1 2010 and simply make changes to it to fit the 2011 season and correct the known issues in it prior to release. Sounds simple to me, but than again I am not CM.

if F1 2011, is more realistic than the current version i will buy it.. and if rFactor 2 is out by then, i might have second thoughts..
though this game is good for fun..
@andrew - yeah that was pretty much predictable wasn't it??
u practically eat, sleep and drink this game..

Why would they spend all of their time fixing this game, when they could be using the time to make 2011 even better? I'm sure they even suggested that 2010 was kind of the base of everything and that the major improvements would be seen next year? I could be wrong though.

i just hope they atleast make the online game play stable.. recently its really unstable..

Unstable in what way? I find the online to be very stable. In fact it's the most enjoyable part of the game for me. I'm currently playing career mode for the first time and while it has its thrills, it's nowhere NEAR as enjoyable as a good online multiplayer race.

I'm buying it. I had waited so very long for an F1 game that F1 2010's bugs weren't major enough for me to not enjoy the game, well, to be honest the "save glitch" sort of pissed me off. However, I expect greater improvements, learned lessons and tighter quality control from CM for F1 2011. I like this game and as I look forward to a new season of Formula 1 I'm also looking forward to F1 2011.

F1 2010 in an awesome game, even thought the large amount of bugs it has.
F1 2011 must be developed on the base of 2010, and then they can add some features. But it MUST BE an upgrade of 2010 (like fifa, EA do it from 2008)

it hasn't to be the same game with refreshed teams and drivers, but an upgrade

it'll be mine

deathcube.gif

Whos's that?

As much as I like some aspects of F1 2010, I won't...not at full price anyway and certainly not on initial release. I'll wait to see if it's fixed before committing. It's just principal. While I don't expect software to be perfect at any level, I expect the developers to at least make an attempt to fix as many problems as they can, before abandoning it and moving on. As of right now, that hasn't happened with F1 2010. It has a lot of un-tapped potential. If the modders here at RaceDepartment and elsewhere...who don't have full access to all the code can come up with all those great mods and fixes in such a short time...then maybe Codemasters should hire them to fix it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%