Volvo - The Game

According to the interview with Jay Ekkel the only gameplay options within the Stand-Alone game will be Offline race, Time attack (upload times), and Competition mode which will run off of volvocars.com and will have prizes for the fastest times.

This means there is no Multiplayer for the standalone Volvo The Game.

Just food for thought.

• Andrew Evans

yea, frankly it looks bollocks.... one new track though :wink:

It's clear @ 45 secs that:
Volvo850 and S40 = BTCC class
S60 and C30 = STCC class
Volvo 240 is it's own class
Volso S60 concept is it's own class.

And the ones who say we don't have online. I think you can choose online at the first screen and we started at the second in this video (choosing track)

• leahcim

The usual simbin excitement and enthusiasm in the presentation I see :rotfl:

"And it has a volvo and another volvo and another one and 2 more and here's a track that's in the game and it has a racing line that's showing the racing line and a ghost cars and it has a world leaderboard so you can race err anyone at all anywhere in the entire world if they are one of the 10 people that play it for prizes and it has "

" a monotononous droning sound?"
"No, that is just me describing the game...you won't hear that in the download"

Phew. I thought the engine sounds were off. It's hard not to get caught up with such a passionate and enthusiastic presentation. :eyeroll:

The guy's sawing away at the wheel like he's maggie at the start of the simpsons. A feature of the so-called "realism" that sims supposedly have. Just like the real thing, lol.

It looks to me he was driving at novice as there was a driving line.

And yeah Simbin guys always sound enthusiastic :p. I think that is cuz the Swedish mentality is down to earth

Sorry for the somewhat monotone sound, i was running around with a terrible cold and the beginnings of a flu, i was hearing echo's of my own voice in my head that day! The show has to go on though.

Normally i am a more energised person, especially in the mornings (ask some of the members here at RD about me waking up in the (early) mornings in Knutstorp). :Banane33::Banane25::Banane44:

And to add to all of this is that i am not swedish.

Sorry for the somewhat monotone sound, i was running around with a terrible cold and the beginnings of a flu, i was hearing echo's of my own voice in my head that day! The show has to go on though.

Normally i am a more energised person, especially in the mornings (ask some of the members here at RD about me waking up in the (early) mornings in Knutstorp). :Banane33::Banane25::Banane44:

Ace video Jay, thanks for the info, cant wait to be be aced by Sander's times in the time attack :)

Nice video! Jay can you tell us if it will be allowed to convert the content i Volvo The Game to the Race07 games? :) I sent a mail to Magnus Ling at Simbin and asked if the game would be playable with the Race07 content, and he said it won't.

Yeah but you'll always have some influence from them I guess? I know people from the south of the Netherlands and moved to here also became more down to earth :p. (Yep I live in the north of it)

• leahcim

It looks to me he was driving at novice as there was a driving line.

Yeah, about time that sat down and thought about what might actually help a beginner, and add something for people who aren't too - other than "chuck a driving line and assists in" as though either is actually any use at all to anyone.

The only reason for a novice setting is just an attempt to stroke the egos of their tiny existing sim customer base that then can click a button that says "pro". It isn't going to get a single "beginner" interested or help them...and anyone who has spent the couple of hours, if that, it takes to adjust from realistic driving to a sim then has sweet fanny adams in the game to actually help them drive faster laps.

It's ironic that so much fuss is placed upon the mere ability to drive around a track without assists as though that is some kind of skill or huge achievemento of itself. So much so that they feel the need to add something to make that easier.

But I guess it's what you get if a company comes from the same tiny existing customer base as it serves...people full of the same <censored> :)

this is completely retarded imo. They should at least allow the content to be playable with the GTR evo content. I wanna race with the alfa, E30, and the 240 all in the same race dangit.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.