Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI

Cars Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
I get FFB only on curbs. Tarmac nothing and dirt nothing. Strange.
There were very few who had weak ffb before the last two updates. All guys now have proper ffb, so not sure what the the problem is on your side.

There's nothing from my side that I can change now as all the files are correct and everyone else has ffb.

Here is a link to some optional ffb settings which worked for some prior to the ffb update.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/volkswagen-golf-mk1-gti.159492/#post-2833196

There were very few who had weak ffb before the last two updates. All guys now have proper ffb, so not sure what the the problem is on your side.

There's nothing from my side that I can change now as all the files are correct and everyone else has ffb.

Here is a link to some optional ffb settings which worked for some prior to the ffb update.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/volkswagen-golf-mk1-gti.159492/#post-2833196
Strange. I can feel curbs really well but not dirt that is really bumpy. Its like FFB is turned off for tarmac and dirt but not curbs. Maybe though its because i didnt remove the earlier files when i installed your latest update. I only overwrote it with the new. I will test download fresh and remove the other first before installing.

Strange. I can feel curbs really well but not dirt that is really bumpy. Its like FFB is turned off for tarmac and dirt but not curbs. Maybe though its because i didnt remove the earlier files when i installed your latest update. I only overwrote it with the new. I will test download fresh and remove the other first before installing.
Let me know what happens.

Mate, do you know if AMS has "pitch" or "tilt" for onboard camera in cockpit like in rF2? I try to match up the cockpit perfect to my wheel but i find only up/down, back/forward with the seat.

Yes indeed AMS has pitch but not ingame, you need to go and open the "car" cam file then you scroll down to "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and find "OrientationOffset"
the first value is the one for pitch, positiv value is "pitch up" and negative is "pitch down" here is a exemple i use with most of the cars:
LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
Fov=(30, 30)
Clear=TRUE
Color=(255, 255, 255)
ClipPlanes=(0.1, 700)
LODMultiplier=(1)
Size=(1, 1)
Center=(0.5, 0.5)
MipmapLODBias=(0)
Flags1=(0)
Flags2=(0)
OrientationRate=(600, 900, 300)
PositionOffset=(0, 0, 0)
OrientationOffset=(-0.03, 0, 0) <---------- !!!

Sil

Yes indeed AMS has pitch but not ingame, you need to go and open the "car" cam file then you scroll down to "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and find "OrientationOffset"
the first value is the one for pitch, positiv value is "pitch up" and negative is "pitch down" here is a exemple i use with most of the cars:
LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
Fov=(30, 30)
Clear=TRUE
Color=(255, 255, 255)
ClipPlanes=(0.1, 700)
LODMultiplier=(1)
Size=(1, 1)
Center=(0.5, 0.5)
MipmapLODBias=(0)
Flags1=(0)
Flags2=(0)
OrientationRate=(600, 900, 300)
PositionOffset=(0, 0, 0)
OrientationOffset=(-0.03, 0, 0) <---------- !!!

Sil
Awesome! Thanks man. :)

Still the same after clean reinstall. Strange. Guess i have to skip this one for now. Crash and curbs have FFB but not tarmac and dirt. Weird huh? T300RS.
I could give a separate upgrade file for the car to try. On my mobile now but will send you a link asap for download to try.

Last edited:
Great mod, but force feedback is nonsensical... same thing as with F40 Competizione mod.

Wonder how it can do this... I haven't changed any values, T500 is common wheel, and other cars in AMS works great, also several mod cars

(Apparently same issue as Alex72) My settings in Thrustmaster panel:

a8ad9a66511b2571b212ecc31ad05418.png

Haven't changed anything in the game or RealFeel.ini. I just unzip mod today, dropped into folder and went to drive. Never had this mod before, so there wasn't files from prior versions. Tried also some of the FFB options in Showroom, they all have the problem (Same as in F40 mod)

Not sure if the FFB is inverted or what's going on

On the other hand, Pagani Huayra and Audi R8 mods seems to work perfect (installed it also today, great stuff by the way.. especially the Audi)

Last edited:
Great mod, but force feedback is nonsensical... same thing as with F40 Competizione mod.

Wonder how it can do this... I haven't changed any values, T500 is common wheel, and other cars in AMS works great, also several mod cars

(Apparently same issue as Alex72) My settings in Thrustmaster panel:

a8ad9a66511b2571b212ecc31ad05418.png

Haven't changed anything in the game or RealFeel.ini. I just unzip mod today, dropped into folder and went to drive. Never had this mod before, so there wasn't files from prior versions. Tried also some of the FFB options in Showroom, they all have the problem (Same as in F40 mod)

Not sure if the FFB is inverted or what's going on

On the other hand, Pagani Huayra and Audi R8 mods seems to work perfect (installed it also today, great stuff by the way.. especially the Audi)

Hi there

One thing that still gets me confused is how some have brilliant FFB and very few nothing.

@cebeuno had some new file uploaded but see that they are no longer available.

I suggest that you contact him for those files as I do not have them.

I can also ask if he can pass them onto me so that I can include them on the main page for those that may still have issues.

From what I understood, those few that had no ffb everybody had solved the issue.

As for the Ferrari, just today a new suspension file was past onto me and seems to have solved the problem or atleast from the people that I asked to test.

There is a link in the main page and the support section for the new file.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-f40-compitizione-723hp-706nm.23910/

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...izione-723hp-706nm.161164/page-4#post-2896058

Hey guys,

I get FFB only on curbs. Tarmac nothing and dirt nothing. Strange.

I have no time to repost my RealFeel stuff.... search.

AMS uses RealFeel.

In the RealFeel.ini, find the group that pertains to the mod.
MaxForceAtSteeringRack might be positive or negative. Same for Kf.
What you have is one fighting the other which equals zero forces.
It's trial and error. Try flipping one or the other.
Sometimes they both need to be the same... sometime they need to be opposite.
RealFeel.ini is read on startup so you have to quit the game entirely before editing the ini.
Be advise, if you slide the ingame FFB slider from pos. to neg. or vice versa, depending on mod, the effect on Kf is inconsistent. It's quite easy to chase your tail.

HF!

Hey guys,

I have no time to repost my RealFeel stuff.... search.

AMS uses RealFeel.

In the RealFeel.ini, find the group that pertains to the mod.
MaxForceAtSteeringRack might be positive or negative. Same for Kf.
What you have is one fighting the other which equals zero forces.
It's trial and error. Try flipping one or the other.
Sometimes they both need to be the same... sometime they need to be opposite.
RealFeel.ini is read on startup so you have to quit the game entirely before editing the ini.
Be advise, if you slide the ingame FFB slider from pos. to neg. or vice versa, depending on mod, the effect on Kf is inconsistent. It's quite easy to chase your tail.

HF!
Thanks brother.

I know I am very late here, I have only re-installed AMS 1 after quite a few years, I am making up for it now. I hope I don't offend anyone here, but after installing and trying out this nice looking mod, I seem to have 0.0 deg of steering rotation in game which I cannot alter, I usually run with 450 deg of rotation, and when I try to drive it my wheel just moves down hard left or right, whilst very sloppy through the middle, for me not drivable. I have a 20nm DD. All other content seems ok including other mods. I assume its on my end so was hoping someone could advise. Thanks for any help

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.