Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI

Cars Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
@cebeuno would it be ok if @ClimaxF1 added your files as links in the main post.

I thought maybe something like "If you have any difficulties with FFB then try some alternative files from @cebeuno available to download here:"

Not sure people will find them in the support thread as they are buried a little bit now.

I don't know if it's wheel related, three guys including you use the same wheel, not sure what the other guy is running.

I'm using a Thrustmaster but even my controller has too much ffb with the current settings so I have changed the files to my own personal preference as I like to keep the ingame settings the same with all cars.

I have a Fanatec V2 steeringwheel, just saying that so @ClimaxF1 can figure out on what brand those issues are.
That being said, i just love this mod, the race kit, the physics, the FFB and the sound make this mod to be in the top chart, at least for me :)

Automobilista Screenshot 2018.09.27 - 00.23.42.85.png

I´ve just been testing Version 1.6 and it works pretty well out of the box. There´s only one issue left and this happens when selecting tyre compounds soft, medium-soft and medium. It seems the real wheel are standing to high and are not connected to the track. The wheels jump out of the chassis.
Everything else is running perfect for my liking. :)

@Dragon60

To be honest I haven't even tried the other tire compounds so this is new too me too.

Busy with a Jägermeister skin and will see if I can figure out the problem with the tire file and update it together with the skin.

Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:
View attachment 271330
I´ve just been testing Version 1.6 and it works pretty well out of the box. There´s only one issue left and this happens when selecting tyre compounds soft, medium-soft and medium. It seems the real wheel are standing to high and are not connected to the track. The wheels jump out of the chassis.
Everything else is running perfect for my liking. :)

Wierd, i got the same issue with soft, medium soft and medium, on medium hard and hard there is no issue.

Wierd, i got the same issue with soft, medium soft and medium, on medium hard and hard there is no issue.

I have fixed the issue on my side, just finishing one of three new skins and I will update together.

Didn't want to to update twice within a day because you always get those few that like complain.

Shouldn't be much longer and I will add all the new files.

Last edited:
ClimaxF1 updated Volkswagen Golf MK1 GTI with a new update entry:

Tire file update/fix and new liveries asdded

Hi Guys

Here are three more liveries to add to the grid. My plan was to upload seven but due to the mapping of this car I had to scrap the other four.

I just want to thank @Dragon60 for using the support section to indicate a problem with some of the tire compounds and also @Sil for confirming such.

Update details:

- Ride height adjustment ( visual only, does not affect physics)
- Tire file settings corrected with three...

Read the rest of this update entry...

For me the new FFB work like a charm, what i can suggest to those who have issue with it is to open "real feel.ini" and add more FFB or to do it with the combination keys of "real feel" directly on the track.
here are the keys to use, good luck :)
Is lower or higher value stronger FFB in the realfeel.ini?

Is lower or higher value stronger FFB in the realfeel.ini?

Its so alltough not so sure, the lower the values = the stronger the FFB. for exemple : MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000 the sign - is to say if the forces are inverted or not. this exemple is for the golf mk1 500 hp mod. if you change to -3500 you will have a stronger feel.
But the best approach is with the commands of realfeel.
Also change SpeechEnabled=False to SpeechEnabled=True so you have a feedback to what your changing.
Just go into your car and press left control + 7 and a digital voice will tell you that you did made the FFB stronger (+1000) with the right control the increments are only 100.
You see that in the pic i posted with this tread.
I am experiencing with this myself, so i am not so sure of what i do till i fully understand these values
Good luck anyway,

Regards
Silvano

Its so alltough not so sure, the lower the values = the stronger the FFB. for exemple : MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000 the sign - is to say if the forces are inverted or not. this exemple is for the golf mk1 500 hp mod. if you change to -3500 you will have a stronger feel.
But the best approach is with the commands of realfeel.
Also change SpeechEnabled=False to SpeechEnabled=True so you have a feedback to what your changing.
Just go into your car and press left control + 7 and a digital voice will tell you that you did made the FFB stronger (+1000) with the right control the increments are only 100.
You see that in the pic i posted with this tread.
I am experiencing with this myself, so i am not so sure of what i do till i fully understand these values
Good luck anyway,

Regards
Silvano
Thanks, brother. :thumbsup:

Hi all, to solve the issue with the shadow in showroom just replace the next line in "vw_golf_mk1_Spinner.gen"

MeshFile=vw_golf_mk1_bottomshadow.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(900.0) Reflect=True

For this one:

MeshFile=VW_GOLF_MK1_SHADOW.gmt Render=False CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Dynamic, Solid, 1024, 1024, VW_GOLF_MK1_UNDERSHADOW.dds)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.