Vive Pro, RTX 2080Ti, 8700k VR Settings Questions

Hey Everyone!

I have a pretty high end right with an RTX 2080Ti, 8700k OC at 4.8, 32gb ram, running off an M.2 and I race with a Vive Pro.

I tried using the Natural_Mod but under sunlight on the tracks everything looks a little too bright and washed out. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to fix this?

Also, I was told Natural Mod doesn't work in SRS or any online races. Is this correct? If so, I shouldn't even bother with this Effect.

And if so, is there anything that I can do to make the picture look much better without having frame drops?

I checked out the VR Guide 1.0 that one of the race department members posted, but it didnt really help much as it's meant mainly for an Oculus.

If anyone can recommend Nvidia control panel settings, and in-game graphics settings to help me, and they have a similar set up, please let me know!

• Deleted member 197115

Wasn"t aware of bigger lenses. German VR youtuber claimed that Odyssey has better lenses. Not sure what better meant in that context though.
And if you are running out of HDMI ports, there are adapters available.

Anyway, guess this is the only new high end HMD we are going to see this year in addition to Pimax.
BTW, just found out that there won"t be OLED based consumer version of Pimax, they scraped that plan.

When I tried the HP MR the smaller lenses (compared to the CV1) were very noticeable. Like looking through peep holes in comparison. I just noticed the Vive had lenses that were much bigger. Plus, wouldn't DisplayPort be faster?
But the price and the way the Odyssey fits is a big plus for me though.

• Deleted member 197115

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

It does not change FOV in regular terms but gives that nice image quality boost as a side effect. My understanding that PCars and iRacing are the same.

The price was 620 I think it was but said to try for a student discount. Right! I'm 52 but pushed the button anyways and was approved. 530 now. Ordered it and nine minutes later it's cancelled. Called today and recorded it. Now it's 499. Should be here Friday and then heard there's a postal strike tomorrow. So I'm not holding my breath.

Your base resolution is higher than with my OG Vive. I am running SS 250% and with constant 90 FPS any track, any car and with a maximum of 15 cars. I have seen reports that 140%-160% with your Pro is pretty good and reasonable.

In Steam VR just allow asynchronous reprojection but NOT always ON. NVIDIA settings are just standard, I have not touched them for my NVIDA updates now. I do not like SteamVR supersampling filters, so all the rest is OFF in my case.

I have tried all these PP filters. They are more or less tolling on the FPS and I have tried all settings and combinations for many weeks, in the end I am running high/max graphics settings but NO PP and I have not looked back for months now.

With your PC you should have a flawless experience in AC as I do with a 7700k@4,9 + 1080ti@2,0.....your system is faster.
Can you please give a full run down of your AC settings ? I have the same PC (except Rift not Vive )as you and keep getting issues with stutters in AC .

Can you please give a full run down of your AC settings ? I have the same PC (except Rift not Vive )as you and keep getting issues with stutters in AC .

I don't know the Rift and I am on all forums every day. I believe there must be 80% Rift and 20% Vive users as a split between the two. Otherwise, 90% of all problems reported come from Rift users, I hardly ever find Vive users reporting issues, which again, doesn't mean it is better but may also be because of the number of users.

AC: AA 4, AF 16, World max, smoke low, no smoke in mirrors ,shadows 1024, reflections 1024+static, mirrors 1024, no PP.
Hardware: 7700k@4,9, 1080ti@2,0 (MSI Afterburner)
SteamVR: SS Video tab 2,0, SS Assetto Corsa 2,5, Allow async reprojection, everthying else off.

FPS is largely dependent on the number of cars, the track and the number of apps activated. Cars: I can go as high as 15 AI, some tracks toll on FPS (i.e. LeMans), apps toll on FPS, so I limit the number of apps to the absolute minimum.

I only drive open wheelers, I am not sure but had the impression, that some of the other cars could be heavy on FPS depending on what is visible inside the car, but don't know. On the other hand, one of my favorite mods, the 2007 VRC McLaren MP 4-22, has a highly reflective surface. This car is awesome, but when I add it to the grid, it costs me >5 FPS constantly.

I have run a lot lot lot of testing and there is a significant difference in FPS performance of different open wheeler grids / samples on the same track, same hardware.

• Deleted member 197115

Vive vs Rift split is about 50/50 accordingly to the latest Steam survey.
Double check your SS, final number is multiplication of SS in Video and specific App.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back