Resource icon

Cars Virtua Simulazioni Toyota GT-One 2017-09-22

Login or Register an account to download this content
The physics need quite a lot of work. Here are my conclusions from a once-over:

The suspension is all kinds of broken...the front geometry is obviously problematic as can be seen in the ffb - rear has the worst bump steer I've ever seen - ride height hasn't been done correctly (and I don't mean the setup screen display...though that's also incorrect) - the ARBs are pretty soft for this kind of car - the default rod_length settings are being limited by the setup.ini.

The Aero doesn't make much sense as other people have mentioned (also, the header version isn't actually enabling half of the parameters that are in the aero.ini).

The inertia is also very high for an LMP.

an other thing, I think that there should't be any kicker. and you forgot to modify the 2nd turbo. you made it adjustable. that shouldn't be the case. otherwise, I found a setup that can make the car steer. it doesn't eliminate all the understeer, but the car is more enjoyable

that's what the turbo settings are in the data folder:
[TURBO_0]
LAG_DN=0.994
LAG_UP=0.979
MAX_BOOST=1.25
WASTEGATE=1.00
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=1.00
REFERENCE_RPM=5000
GAMMA=2.1
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0

[TURBO_1]
LAG_DN=0.994
LAG_UP=0.979
MAX_BOOST=1.25
WASTEGATE=1.00
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=1.00
REFERENCE_RPM=5000
GAMMA=2.2
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=1

as you can see, 2 parameters differs from the 2 turbos. I've modified the settings of the 2nd turbo to match the 1rst one

Two bugs I found out: The rear wing can be adjusted to -6, I don't think you want that in a racecar and after a couple of donuts the rear tyre temperature was at 186°C but the tyre was still marked as green. I'm no expert but I don't think that is realistic

Two bugs I found out: The rear wing can be adjusted to -6, I don't think you want that in a racecar and after a couple of donuts the rear tyre temperature was at 186°C but the tyre was still marked as green. I'm no expert but I don't think that is realistic
Nothing is realistic man , they cooked these beans slow, gentle and all night long :p

Reflection and Conclusion /

Car Model /
Exterior / holes in the mesh and some things not aligned from exterior to interior , roof scoop looks poor , easy fixes .

Exterior Shaders / AO map poor quality wants updating , no PBR textures everything too simple / basic , no realism in the appearance .
Exterior / Poor collider , wants rotating and fixing .
Exterior / No brake disc glow , strange no to add it , its simple .
Interior / Poor textures , bad UV mapping , split carbon everywhere / seems , wants all new UV specially in some key areas ,
Interior / Cable way too low poly , looks poor .

Audio /
Sounds pretty nice but way too low , this car screams but overhaul nice start .

Physics /
Well totally cooked and fabricated , not realistic and not using hardly any data at all in which some is available when you search ,
totally baked and shaked .

Open files no ACD .

On reflection a solid 4 stars , but time taken just over 3 years personally I expected better , but just my opinions so far , I am sure there will be updates to come , good luck to the team :thumbsup:

One issue I noticed was the limiter sound starts before the actual limiter, so as you are racing along at highspeed you stay in the limiter for a long time. Again I'm not an expert

Reactions: CC
Guys you're ripping this mod into pieces looking for bugs, but it's a very good sign :)
I hope author(s) will eventually fix your findings!

Guys you're ripping this mod into pieces looking for bugs, but it's a very good sign :)
I hope author(s) will eventually fix your findings!
As long as the critiques can keep themselves gentlemanly, any and all criticism should be welcomed by the authors. No one is invulnerable.

As long as the critiques can keep themselves gentlemanly, any and all criticism should be welcomed by the authors. No one is invulnerable.
They can always give me a shout to fix things , just hope they have got deep pockets :p

Last edited:
Maybe someone can help me here. I have read all the reviews and this entire thread and nobody seem to have the problem I have with this car, it simply don't start. The game load the track and the car untill I saw it in the set-up menu than the race canceled and back to the main menu. I have try many tracks, practice ,hotlap,race nothing works. I donwload it twice from Racedepartement. Anyone else had this problem or any idea to slove it.

Thanks for helping me.

Is this car supposed to be competitive with other GT1 cars by kunos?
It doesn't seem to be remotely competitive with them.

It drives more like a street car with really harsh suspension and slicks than a GT1 car.

As many here said, there is really too much of the understeer, specially under a high speed. I seriously doubt this kind of car really has it, I would say completely the opposite, it should have lots of oversteer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back