Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

I see a lot of attention went into easter eggs and that VIP content :) I think the testers should have pointed out that the track has some shader issues, making it dark and very much like, i don't know, like it belongs to rF2 or Automobilista.
It has amazing details, trees are great, majority of texture work is outstanding, but these shader issues are making it look like a track from 2006 title or something.

Here's a comparison with Brands Hatch and Paul Ricard.. See how more 'modern' they look, and it's not because the amount of details (they probably have less) it's just these colors and that dark tone..

I was about to post the same, too dark, almost like it's using compressed palette.
Other than that, terrific track. Thanks for a great job. AI, usually weak on mod tracks, is quite competitive and smart on this one.

We have discussed the issue with the grass and in the end we tend to agree it is a tad dark overall. It is a combination of shader settings and textures.

As for the road I give you a picture from 2016 so don't expect it to change much. The grass I will try to get it closer to this.
14115431_10154384245907488_7068913142677499322_o.jpg
Hmm...I thought the grass looked beautiful this morning. I'll have to look at it again and also compare it to the real VIR, I guess.

In that photo, holy crap look at all those Porsche's in the infield/fan area. Porsche City!

Hmm...I thought the grass looked beautiful this morning. I'll have to look at it again and also compare it to the real VIR, I guess.

In that photo, holy crap look at all those Porsche's in the infield/fan area. Porsche City!
It's not terrible with high sun but at low sun or cloudy weather it is too dark. Some people just make you question why we even bother spending 1000s of hours bringing these tracks to life for free. That's my word of the day FREE.

• Deleted member 197115

It's not just grass, shadows need some lifting overall.

I don't think it's quite as constructive as you're giving it credit for. Yes, it looks a little dark (and that will be addressed.) That bit was reasonably constructive. The decision to insult the track by suggesting it's built so a wildly inferior standard, not so much. Ditto for implying that it was poorly tested. That's not helpful.

As the Kunos devs tell us, there's a right way and a wrong way to bring up an issue.

He drew a completely reasonable parallel in order to describe his experiences with the track. Amazing that, that is now akin to "insulting mothers". But whatever.

Anyway, thank you to the creators of this awesome track, it could easily be mistaken for official content! I'm having a great time with it :)

The track is great. Havent tested with darker weather. But maybe the sun/light value (or what you call it) is a bit too low? I dont know if thats the case, and i think AC in general is a bit dim for mid day sunny weather overall (can be tweaked btw). Anyway, to me it looks great and i dont know how someone could think it looks 2006. Maybe turn up the graphics and use some cool PP filter. :O_o:

20160911081225_1.jpg

:inlove: Thanks guys.

Let me explain about the lighting. I've never made any secret of the fact I like darker/cooler looking images. I also develop across several machines using different combinations of single/double/triple screen/SLI/no SLI machines. Due to Kunos exposure compensation it looks overly bright on my big rig and overly dark on my smaller PC's. Ultimately all I can do is come up with a middle ground of what looks good to me. It also doesn't help that modders have little control over lighting values ona per track basis.

No one reported any problems during building/testing so things remained as they were. Its clear now that it's too dark for some and that's fine. The lighting is being looked at as we speak and will be improved in the first update.

To say we should have pointed out obvious shader issues with the track is a tad harsh. I'd also rather we kept mothers out of the coversation. Those close to me will know why.

Just stay cool guys. It's less than 48hrs since release which has gone better than we could have hoped given the scale of the project. There were always going to be things that needed tweaking. It's fine to point them out and they will be fixed if necessary.

Well for what it's worth, I don't find it too dark with using good&bad weather mod and real conditions. Not once did it even come to my mind before I read about it here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back