Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fantastic track!!!

I can't believe the amount of off-track details...paddocks, parking, buildings, roads...while I was looking for the easter eggs.

After almost an hour, I found one & two, but have to give up looking for the rest. I was getting nauseating.
It's okay, I really wanted the big tree by the apex.

Cheers and thanks.

Fantastic track!!!

I can't believe the amount of off-track details...paddocks, parking, buildings, roads...while I was looking for the easter eggs.

After almost an hour, I found one & two, but have to give up looking for the rest. I was getting nauseating.
It's okay, I really wanted the big tree by the apex.

Cheers and thanks.

Don't drive in cockpit view when looking for the VIP content, it makes it much easier and you won't get nauseous.

OK I am posting this just to show I am working on the brightness and tweaking shader settings. THIS IS NOT FINAL and the final decision is Darren's anyway. I also took a minute and fixed the normals of the oak tree so it lights up properly now. I also made some changes to the grass texture.

This is using the kunos natural filter.

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_vir_12-9-116-0-49-30.jpg

About cameras,
one of the placements of the cameras at patriot course seems a bit odd,it,s behind a tent for a long while.
Easy to notice if you hotlap, it,s the start camera of the replay.

Love the layouts of this track - not knowing much about it before now really:redface:

About cameras,
one of the placements of the cameras at patriot course seems a bit odd,it,s behind a tent for a long while.
Easy to notice if you hotlap, it,s the start camera of the replay.

Love the layouts of this track - not knowing much about it before now really:redface:
Thanks for that. We'll fix it for the first update (hopefully towards the end of the week)

Yeah, I do understand your point of view to keep it as realistic as possible.

My suggestion would be not to make it a big visible thing, no need for any big markers or signs etc.
Just 1 or 2 zones would be really nice for cars that support DRS. Otherwise the DRS is open everywhere and that just makes racing those cars kinda pointless then.

Truth is, the URD T5 DTM cars are superb fun at VIR, obviously also not realistic but fun is fun. :D

So yeah, I'd appreciate a DRS zone on the back stretch and perhaps also one on S/F but if you prefer to leave that feature out I'd fully understand that too. :thumbsup:

OK I am posting this just to show I am working on the brightness and tweaking shader settings. THIS IS NOT FINAL and the final decision is Darren's anyway. I also took a minute and fixed the normals of the oak tree so it lights up properly now. I also made some changes to the grass texture.

This is using the kunos natural filter.

View attachment 151935
you should use the default filter for this or even no PPF at all

IMO these issues with brightness come from the fact that all the default filters use autoexposure. and without having the HDR settings app open you have no idea what the current exposure value is when you are assessing if something looks too bright or dark texture/shader wise.

I think a good idea would be making a copy of one of either default.ini or natural.ini and just disabling autoexposure in it and setting the static exposure value to something sensible like 0.3 (under the TONEMAPPING section). so you can quickly compare actual brightness of objects/textures against kunos tracks at high and low sun times without the worry of autoexposure tricking you.
I made a post on the subject here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ational-raceway-0-6.29853/page-17#post-667969

I think the default filters have been tweaked slightly since that post so that it cant underexpose as much as it used to, but its still certainly a potential way of getting to such a situation.

Yeah i guess that is the problem, same situation is with Donnington. That track was WAY overexposed, he adjusted it slightly with some updates but it's still shining. And the fact the surface gives like no FFB at all makes it my least played track, which again is such a shame because it's beautfiully made otherwise.

Kunos tracks are a great benchmark in how everything should look, some dodgy trees here and there but the exposure, shaders and stuff is great.

Couldn't agree more. I wish Kunos would disable AE completely TBH. Having no baseline means you kinda have no idea how it will look on other peoples rigs - especially when the sim can change it on the fly.

We'll be spending a fair bit of time looking at this during the week. Between Lilski, Rigel and I i'm sure we can nail it. That screen Lilski posted earlier was just a first test. Things will be tweaked quite a bit over the next couple of days.

WTF !!! You're crazy :confused:
Today I was looking for the VIP signs around the track. I was already impressed by what I can see out of the car. I jump in the free cam mode and began to explore and was never expected something like this.
Freaking awesome details around the whole track. So much to explore. More an adventure game than a racing game. I've never spend more than 1 hour in the environment of a race track. But your VIR deserves it and it was a pleasure to do it. To find the 4 VIP signs was just the bonus on top.
Many THANKS for this experience to the whole team.
BTW: The hint for the fourth sign made me laugh :roflmao:

AGAIN: THANK YOU !!!! :inlove:

rS22Sqg.jpg

Being one of Norbs's followers I was hearing nothing but vague good news about this mod and it was pure luck that I had the wheel set-up when I found out it was released, so, I downloaded it and thought I'd do what I usually do, cut 6 laps or so and enjoy the scenery.

What I ended up doing was around 8 hours of driving over the weekend and simultaneously made this video.

Thank you to all involved, this is a grand track to begin with, you guys made it even better.

Being one of Norbs's followers I was hearing nothing but vague good news about this mod and it was pure luck that I had the wheel set-up when I found out it was released, so, I downloaded it and thought I'd do what I usually do, cut 6 laps or so and enjoy the scenery.

What I ended up doing was around 8 hours of driving over the weekend and simultaneously made this video.

Thank you to all involved, this is a grand track to begin with, you guys made it even better.
Wait! Hold on!.... Norbs has followers?:roflmao:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Forum trophies