rF2 Very Special Event: "Nick Milton Memorial" McLaren MP4/8@Silverstone 2012 - Sunday 11Nov18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hey guys. Sadly looks like I'm going to have to miss tonight... :(
Wife has been called into work so I have to be available to look after the young one.

Was meant to have the whole day to myself, so to say I'm annoyed is an understatement. :p

Hey all,

This is a setup I worked on tonight. I am still learning rFactor 2 but I think this seems to work well.

It is strictly for qualifying / hotlapping (I didn't have time to work on a race setup). TC is off as I prefer to run without it so you may want to enable it, although, I think with the diff settings and rear suspension setup, it feels pretty planted if you're smooth with the throttle. Diff may need 5% more on power for slightly better traction but it still feels quite good at 30%.

I have 6 hours to get some sleep before this so I really hope I can make it!

Attachments

• MP48_Silverstone_CP Q_Hotlap.svm
    4.7 KB · Views: 189
Regretfully I have to withdraw. Jumped on the rig after many dormant weeks only to discover Ive got no accelerator pedal, thought it was wiring at 1st but everything seems to be wired correctly yet I have zero signal from the pot. I'll keep messing with it, hopefully I can resolve it before kickoff, if not, y'all have a good one for Nick. R.I.P mate.

E35B5F91F0956683E8EC38905F22870C9C374D3E

Only had 1 race, but it was quit superb battling an discipline. Thank you to the guys from P4-8, it was very close but respectful, it was all that racing is about.

Congrats to Tony for winning that race!
That was a great battle in the first race there Dewald! Thanks mate!

Can't wait to check out the replay from both races. There were some absolutely sensational battles!

Feel for those affected by issues at the start, just one of those things I suppose :/

Very strange thing happened to me when I flipped in the air both side monitors turned black couldn't see anything, I thought I lost a wheel but that wasn't the case, I couldn't continue with just one screen since I have very low FOV couldn't see my wheels and my car was busted.:(

Shame I really wanted to do some racing with you guys. Maybe next time.;)

Thank you for organizing this awesome event.
Cheers

wZn5JX1.jpg

Very strange thing happened to me when I flipped in the air both side monitors turned black couldn't see anything, I thought I lost a wheel but that wasn't the case, I couldn't continue with just one screen since I have very low FOV couldn't see my wheels and my car was busted.:(

Shame I really wanted to do some racing with you guys. Maybe next time.;)

Thank you for organizing this awesome event.
Cheers

wZn5JX1.jpg

Upside-Down_Face_Emoji.png

OMG, I'm really really SORRY. I forget it is AU server. I just sit at my comp and checked the forum and prepare for the race and ... Sorry again.

thanks for the race fellows ,i am sure nick would be proud , i am interested in what tyre pressures you guys used as my tyres were shot about half way through each race and i was on hards ,and you guys were on softs i think ,i ran minimum pressures

min on softs also. I think my worst tyre (front left) was down to 69 i think by the end of race 2. Somewhere in the 60's anyway.

I did a few tests with the different tyres and I found tyre wear to not be very different on mediums and hards, just slightly slower laptimes so it was not worth using them.

It also may be something in your setup that was chewing through the tyres, or driving style. I was lifting slightly at both copse and Abbey to try and save tyre through the race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back