Verstappen Ready to "Headbutt" Critics...

Some people seem to have very short memories (only looking at this season) and shouting Max should not be in F1 and take up a testing role to mature? Really? How does testing make him a better and more experienced driver for races? Just remember what he did at his first race in a Red Bull and in Brazil in the rain in that same year (which are just 2 exampled of his raw talent). How many drivers currently on the grid would be able to do that? At that moment in time amost everyone was praising him and saying how mature he already was as such a young age. Yes... he is still a 'rough diamond' (on track and off track), and this year he has made some more mistakes, but having Max in F1 is still a 'blessing' for F1. Why not focus on the drivers that maybe should not be on the grid today, that absolutely have no contribution to the excitement of current F1?

A test seat keeps him current, gives him a huge amount of seat time, a need to be consistent, and a structured environment to work with the team, without being in the spotlight. You don't *just* do that, he still needs to race - but somewhere high quality & low key. Raw talent is fine, it does not make a complete driver. He's not the first or last - pretty much every new F1 driver ever has had rough edges - but it just looks like he's been shoved into the spotlight a bit too early. It really would be sad if he ended up as another burnout when none of it was necessary. Making observations does not make one a hater.

Whoever made that comment about arrogance - racing drivers just like any other top sportspeople are full of themselves, they *have* to be. Where does self-confidence become arrogance?

That 'headbutt' comment is part of a story. Prior to the pressco Max and a Dutch interviewer (ZiggoSport) drove in an Aston Martin to Max' work. As kind of a joke he saidthat the reporter deserved a Kopstoot (=headbutt) if he keeps asking the same questions over and over again. So probably that reporter asked via another reporter to ask that specific question to Max . Get the joke? Sounds very strange but F1 drivers can have a sense of humour.

Source (in Dutch so 99% can skip)

PS Max drove too fast through Canadian commute traffic and also passed a Orange traffic light. Shame on you naughty Max.We can also start a discussion about that :)

And to answer the question: Max is a rough diamond and his coaches will polish that. Not another boring/dull driver. At least we have food for thought and a lot to discuss. Spice up that F1.

Hopefully ok to say something positive about Max ;) ? Great FP1 and FP2 at Canada.

Last edited:
How exactly old are you "muzikant" ? Twelve ? :unsure:

From my side...
I don't like him tbh... his behavior, even his face:rolleyes: but... I can't deny the kid is respectfully fast. When he connects it all. His first Red Bull race - win, that now famous wet Brasil race - respect,...
So, you have to be quite dumb to say that he's not fast or got no talent. Wisdom... will come with time, eventually. Or perhaps not. :D

He's fast, but dumb. He's the F1 version of Kyle Busch.
Busch has the talent and the team to have multiple titles, but the one title he won is due to an even dumber championship format, on a year he didn't run in full. He's in his thirties now, and hasn't changed.
If Max keeps being the same (and something tells me that he will), he'll only be champion by default by having a vastly superior car and a weak team mate. And his fans will have to find another excuse because the age thing won't last forever (there are other youngsters in the field that are far more mature).

edit : and one disagree from Netherlands. Let's count them.

Last edited:
F1 is about 30% racing and 70% media circus. That is F1, take it or leave it. Maybe Max thought it was the other way around. He is racing a top team...when it rains you get wet. Maybe a lower team suits better with his personality. @muzikant , before you go nuts, this is not hate, just a subjective opinion

How exactly old are you "muzikant" ? Twelve ? :unsure:

From my side...
I don't like him tbh... his behavior, even his face:rolleyes: but... I can't deny the kid is respectfully fast. When he connects it all. His first Red Bull race - win, that now famous wet Brasil race - respect,...
So, you have to be quite dumb to say that he's not fast or got no talent. Wisdom... will come with time, eventually. Or perhaps not. :D

46 and you?

F1 is about 30% racing and 70% media circus. That is F1, take it or leave it. Maybe Max thought it was the other way around. He is racing a top team...when it rains you get wet. Maybe a lower team suits better with his personality. @muzikant , before you go nuts, this is not hate, just a subjective opinion

Everybody has a opiniun.... but I dont like dumps opinions like Robert S ;)

edit : and one disagree from Netherlands. Let's count them.
All of the disagrees I receive are from Dutch guys only. (and I'm Dutch myself)
Don't worry, they're just fanboys without any common sense so not to be taken seriously. Their hero will fail but they don't know it yet.

All of the disagrees I receive are from Dutch guys only. (and I'm Dutch myself)
Don't worry, they're just fanboys without any common sense so not to be taken seriously. Their hero will fail but they don't know it yet.

And you have all knowledge of it:roflmao:

Sure... we will see :thumbsup:

Oh how the tables have turned.

It´s the media, the world press. If you can´t handle their questions and well deserved criticism, not sure if F1 is the right place for him.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back