AC Various Events: Supercars Down Under!@Bathurst, Fri 25th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
ksmq1uvfdxyy6zsle9tw

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This time a real challenge! Bathurst with super V8 cars! This race is not for who has a weak stomach! Time to separate the men from the mice.

This event will be hosted by @dbx71

1495px-Mount_Panorama_street_racing_circuit_in_Australia.svg.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/028087f0-1903-429b-b3fe-afb399fb89f4?server=5 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 45 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:50 CEST, 19:50 BST (18:50 UTC) | 25 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:10 CEST, 20:10 BST (19:10 UTC) | 2x 25 min Race 1 and 2
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Cars: https://v8scorsa.weebly.com/
    • Holden Commodore ZB
    • Ford Mustang S550
    • Holden Commodore VF
    • Ford Falcon FGX
    • Nissan Altima L33
  • Track: Bathurst, Australia http://www.mediafire.com/download/42tfnynvmbn47kd/acu_bathurst_1.01.7z
  • Pit stop: Not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Attachments

• 1692466484655.png
    1692466484655.png
    437.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Has anyone driven them enough to comment on the cars and each of their strengths & weakness.
Which one best suited to a mouse of a man!!

View attachment 688674
Well, I've tried both the Commodore and the Mustang so far and, although I can't comment on the specifics, I must confess that both cars have put me squarely into the mouse zone... I'm suspecting that the Commodore is a bit easier to drive and, therefore, perhaps a bit faster. However, for what it's worth, I personally like the way the Mustang feels and sounds. Haven't tried the other cars yet...

Sorry, my technical knowledge in these matters is still somewhat limited and this info is probably of dubious benefit...;)

I have just given the Commodore ZB a run out and it is very managable once you accept the fact that it want's to kill you if you are a bit keen with your right foot!:D I used to love running these around here a few years ago offline and tended to gravitate to the Nissan, that was very nice too but that was before the updates.
These are a handful though which is great fun, nice combo Dominic, really looking forward to racing these , hope we get a decent entry list.
Any chance of more liveries for the Falcon, Commodore VF and the Nissan?? There are loads available

I have just given the Commodore ZB a run out and it is very managable once you accept the fact that it want's to kill you if you are a bit keen with your right foot!:D I used to love running these around here a few years ago offline and tended to gravitate to the Nissan, that was very nice too but that was before the updates.
These are a handful though which is great fun, nice combo Dominic, really looking forward to racing these , hope we get a decent entry list.
Any chance of more liveries for the Falcon, Commodore VF and the Nissan?? There are loads available
Yep, my pleasure to throw these events together. I've been wanting to do this one for a while, seemed like the perfect time since many of us have been getting reacquainted with Bathurst (or introduced to it in my case) in the past few days.

I don't know what I've gotten myself into, but I'm always down for a good challenge :sneaky: Yes, I also hope we can get a good turn out of drivers ready to brave these death machines.

Wasn't aware of any extra liveries for the Falcon, Commodore VF or Nissan, but let me look into it.

why has everyone gone for the Holden ZB, I know why i have??
I'm away from my computer, might switch to the mustang last minute, but from what I recall last I've driven these, I found the Holden slightly more manageable. Maybe it was just psychological?

I went for the newer Holden because the older models windshield has a lot of pixelation on it for me. Not sure if anyone else has that issue. It's a shame though because the older Holden has some sweet early 2000s KMart liveries :)

Love these cars and this track. It's a shame I can't make the Friday races!
That's too bad. Yes, Fridays are really the only days I have available here for events since there are other AC events on the remaining days except Saturday and Monday which don't really work for me.
If your schedule changes or date gets cancelled :D, it would be great if you could join us. These cars are really a blast once you get used to them.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back