V0.8 speculation

10003543_847562408603412_1607059645_n.jpg

From FB: Early Access, v.0.8 | Improved AI routines, performances and collisions, as well as lighting, skies and procedural cloud layers

Yeah, maybe no MP today, let's be real, they've said that first they had to improve AI so let's hope we get a better AI this time first. In relation to MP IMHO i prefer that they release a good and fully working MP than a buggy one just to shut people off, it will generate even more whine (look at what happened with AI). Just relax, in less than 2 months we'll have the full game ready to rock and we'll have years to enjoy it, be happy guys and enjoy all other great things you can do in life meanwhile, this is a hobby, not what decides happiness in our lifes.

Cheers.

Can you imagine if they released buggy MP what it would do to the reputation of the game on steam? I appreciate that on here we're mostly enthusiasts, but the casual steam user won't be. Given how well it's done thanks to steam I think it's for the best in the long run that KS wait until the MP is in a decent enough state that the steam forums won't be full of 'OMG this sux0rz etc'.

A small studio needs to take advantage of any good publicity, so I am completely happy to wait a few weeks it if ensures the long term success of AC.

Can you imagine if they released buggy MP what it would do to the reputation of the game on steam? I appreciate that on here we're mostly enthusiasts, but the casual steam user won't be. Given how well it's done thanks to steam I think it's for the best in the long run that KS wait until the MP is in a decent enough state that the steam forums won't be full of 'OMG this sux0rz etc'.

A small studio needs to take advantage of any good publicity, so I am completely happy to wait a few weeks it if ensures the long term success of AC.

Good point. Just look at Steam and FB, not nice what you read there sometimes.
So i give them time, but sure it would be nice to have it today.
But its done when its done.

btw i am still flashed about the new graphic updates, just look at it.
Looks very well! :x3:

Changelog is up

Update Early Access 0.8
Community Announcements - 4thworld
here's the changelog :

- Lotus Exige 240
- Ferrari 312T F1
- Revised AI behavior
- Collisions performance improvements
- New sky box with clouds
- Fixed gui issue with spinner
- Improved x360 controller support at low speed
- Fixed gearshift sound on BMW M3 e92 Drift
- Improved rearview mirrors & added more rendering options in the launcher
- Default launcher theme: opponent skins are randomized from all available skins
- Default launcher theme: opponent setups are now set on a per-track basis
- Launcher: control configuration's Xbox360 section revised
- Fixed end race chart display bug

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play