Resource icon

Misc URD JT5 Shiro Physics Update (Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500) 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Don't wanna derail this thread but does anybody know about EGT updates?

Obviously I totally failed in summer when everybody said the Ford used way more fuel but then I double checked my experience, confirmed it, wrote URD a PM via their Facebook page, never got a reply tho it showed as read by them. And last week they said they'd forward it to their physics guy... :roflmao:

Don't wanna derail this thread but does anybody know about EGT updates?

Obviously I totally failed in summer when everybody said the Ford used way more fuel but then I double checked my experience, confirmed it, wrote URD a PM via their Facebook page, never got a reply tho it showed as read by them. And last week they said they'd forward it to their physics guy... :roflmao:

Don’t know sorry

There is too much downforce now for the tires to handle. From my review:

By lap 2 at Suzuka, using default aero settings, the front tires are hitting 130-135 temps and the rears aren't much less. Basically, you've added so much downforce that it's cooking the tires within just 2 laps of *careful* driving. Adding even a single brief front lockup (at any time) sends the tire soaring into the bright red 140-150 range - at which point, the race is effectively over. This is not realistic.

Maybe the new downforce levels are correct, but the tires simply can't handle them. This was tested at various initial inflation levels and always with the same result: Badly overcooked tires by lap 2. By lap 4 the race is over, since the tires are all bright red and the grip falls off to nothing.

Some info about this great car,
Me and URD team are working on a complete new physics, which has been completely renovated, and will be available soon. It took a long time to finally make it happen. I also got some help from a real GT500 driver, to help us out with the car.
But for now... this is how it drives, from some of the test:
If you and urd make it happen by the weekend, you'll make some supergt lovers very happy. I've just yesterday driven this car and thought about giving this unofficial update a go. But now that i hear this, i'd rather wait for your update Mitja.

It will be out in few days.
And after you try it, please let us know your thoughts, since I would love to hear how good we nailed it. If we did bad, there is not much hope for us any longer, if everything else, we can still try some more.

Last edited:
Give it a go, do it for me :D
Tested suzuka and nords and i slightly agree with @kondor999

I also did about 6 laps with different pressures, zero lock ups and while i haven't experienced 140-150, my fronts were 105-115 and rears were 125-135 (after 2 laps). Not as high as him, but seems a tad high. Yeah the grip is enormous now (which seems very suspect to me but i guess we'll find out with @Mitja Bonca 's update)

Btw i'm def. underqualified to speak about physics but you said give it a go and i did :D But i really like the grip now. FFB is a little stiff but not a big deal breaker.

Tested suzuka and nords and i slightly agree with @kondor999

I also did about 6 laps with different pressures, zero lock ups and while i haven't experienced 140-150, my fronts were 105-115 and rears were 125-135 (after 2 laps). Not as high as him, but seems a tad high. Yeah the grip is enormous now (which seems very suspect to me but i guess we'll find out with @Mitja Bonca 's update)

Btw i'm def. underqualified to speak about physics but you said give it a go and i did :D But i really like the grip now. FFB is a little stiff but not a big deal breaker.

Ok thanks man, yeah I’m still quite new to the world of physics in games, so it’s a continuous work in progress, but I’m really happy to hear that people enjoyed my mod :D

Physics is a damn hard thing, and need lots of data to gather before you can start tweeking files.
We are again in some dark spot with new physics, we will have to redefine it, it just doesn`t do well on all tracks. I found out today, when I was testing at Fuji. Back to work...

PS: can anyone find any onboard video of GT500 where speed is displayed?

Physics is a damn hard thing, and need lots of data to gather before you can start tweeking files.
We are again in some dark spot with new physics, we will have to redefine it, it just doesn`t do well on all tracks. I found out today, when I was testing at Fuji. Back to work...

PS: can anyone find any onboard video of GT500 where speed is displayed?
The more and more i drive the 2018 dtm cars v1.1, the more hyped i get from this update. If this new update turns out to be half as good as dtm 1.1 update, we're in for a huge treat!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 6.1%