rF2 URD EGT @ Indianapolis 2013 GP - Friday 6th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Davidovic sorry 1000 times, and I know it won't help to much, but i am really really sorry.

It was my worst performance of my life. It was shame, as all day in practice I was doing great. In race it was disaster.

I made mistakes that I haven't done in my whole simracing time.

Well... I qualified around 20th... I think... But had to start as 2nd to last as there was a "restart" due to the parv ferme rule.

My start was slow as there was no lights to see as I had to reacto to other cars start moving.

In a lap or 4 I was in 11th position trying to get ahead of Mr Goli who was in 10th.
I was waiting for him to make a mistake.
I was pushing hard which my tires didn't like. The car behind tried to pass me once, but I could undercut his move and stay in front.
I told on TC that my tires were gone. The guy behind became a bit impatient and tried to overtake me on the outside in the final corner and bumped my left rear causing me into an uncontrolable car which rammed the barried... steering wheel 75 degrees off... before I was back in the pit... already 1 lap donw... 3 minutes repairs... race over kinda over...
Continued my race ... last... I think Mr Goli had some trouble otr spin... He rammed me in the right rear.... another pitstop... 2 minutes....

Untill the first contact it was fun... after that ... not so much anymore...But I finished...

Nice mod, nice track... Thanx for the organisation... Hopefully more fun next time. :p

The commentary team got it a little wrong, the pic shows the leaders past. 2nd place then made a mistake, I held my line. Much to his continued shigrin with me, I didn't cause his mistake nor did I hold him up. Nevermind, you live and learn.

Attachments

• Leaders are past.png
    Leaders are past.png
    451 KB · Views: 328
This Race...so many incidents...and couldnt do anything..dont know where my laggs come from, had 2 times a round about 4sec lagg, which dropped me to p7 at the start and later some seconds away from miroslav. - by the way sry miroslav but couldnt avoide your spin - nearly stopped but ye no way :/ After that hit my car was very hard to drive...massive damage...but @Xavier de Carvalho , the tire use must have been 3x in the practice - after the reset the tire usage was much less. Then 3-4 Laps before the End someone wanted to lap back on me and nearly crashed me, i mean thats not necessary guys to be honest.

Anyway was fun and nice racing especially at the start.
- Nice commentating btw.

Grats to the two at the front - even without the trouble i had you would've been a bit too fast...but not this much as it looks if you check the result ;)

Great race! Got pretty much the maximum result. Had really bad first few laps, dropped down to 11th but slowly crawled my way back up to 4th place in the end.

I really struggled setting up my car when practicing. Heavy understeer and then straight to snap-oversteer. Decided to make a very stable setup which really showed in my pace. My best laptime in the race was 14th fastest.

But I guess it paid off in the end. Drove two very consistent stints and stayed out of trouble. :)

After the race started watching the race broadcast and couldn't stop so watched the whole thing and I got to say it was fantastic stuff.:D

Think I found an odd bug as I was watching the replay.

At one point as I was 2 or 3 laps down, not sure there, I was just infront of Franklin (BTW sorry @Franklin Stegink ) on the track but a lap behind on position. At this point of the race he was 4th or 5th and only one lap down on the leaders. I had no blue falgs what so ever and in the race I just thought it's a dude who has even managed to have a worse race than myself. Which means he was just about to lap me again but I got no blue flags shown. I guess this was because he was lapped too but just not as often as I managed to be lapped. Might be interessting for longer endu races.

Need to test that again and if needed send a bug report to ISI.

The race itself was good. Enjoyed just lapping around. Didn't have the pace of the leaders yesterday.
Well done podium guys!

Stefan I'm really sorry for the accident. In late braking I spun. After that I could not do anything to avoid our accident. I'm really sorry that I ruined your car and race.

I had quite a good race, but after looking at the replays I was too impatiant at some moments, and should have slowed down. While in race I tought there was enough room, where there wasn't. @Stefan Woudenberg I tought your exit was worse, and I should have waited. Also had some contact on the last corner of the first sector where I shouln't have forced someone wide, but one time I was punished for it myself. I'm still struggling to race closely with others, but it's getting better and I'm trying as well to have clean races, in some situations I might still be a bit conservative, and in others too aggressive.
Apart from that, my race was good, after the contact with Aleksi 4th lap I got back from outside of the top 20 to 6th place :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back