Updating old cars physics= ETA

Msportdan

@Simberia
this question must be on the back of everyones mind.

So whats the ETA of the old cars being updated to the new physics, because I'm sure its going to effect peoples purchasing decision lately, and mine.

Is it years in the making or months or even weeks?

Be good to know guys..

cheers

How about you read a post properly and stop insulting people.

Where am i reviewing? Where am i saying i cannot wait?
I see you ignore my points about how much this will cost or what is in it?
Would you buy a car and when they say to you "oh we will deliver it to you on 7th October but we won't tell you what it is or how much it costs until it lands on your driveway"? Would you even buy a soft drink? "Here take this! I'm not telling you what's in it or how much it costs until you drink it".

Excellent business sense.
I do not and did not disagree with you with the fact that they did not tell us the price.
My point is what is the big deal with that ? So what?

WTCC 2013 pack:

Cars:
- BMW 320 TC
- Chevrolet Cruze WTCC
- Honda Civic WTCC
- Lada Granta WTCC
- Seat Leon WTCC

Tracks:
- Monza
- Suzuka
- Hungaroring

Price: about 1200 vRP

to be found here:
(sry, can't tell the time when they mentioned it during the vid)

Their advertising and lack of definitive facts is shocking.

Why does it matter when it's not released yet? You are not going to buy it today and surely when it is released you will decide then and there whether it is worth it for you.

I would say the reasons companies try and keep away from releasing definitive information before things are finalised is down to the internet and the way people are, your posts are proof of that. You are publicly dissing them for something in the future.
Take a look around the various forums and look at the stick developers get for missing release dates or leaving something out for whatever reason. If I were a developer I'd be very secretive about my plans until everything was set in stone.
For a community (sim racing in general) we are a pretty immature bunch. Don't we remember the days before the internet when all we had were magazines that were usually 6 weeks out of date, those were frustrating times :D

Why does it matter when it's not released yet? You are not going to buy it today and surely when it is released you will decide then and there whether it is worth it for you.

I would say the reasons companies try and keep away from releasing definitive information before things are finalised is down to the internet and the way people are, your posts are proof of that. You are publicly dissing them for something in the future.
Take a look around the various forums and look at the stick developers get for missing release dates or leaving something out for whatever reason. If I were a developer I'd be very secretive about my plans until everything was set in stone.
For a community (sim racing in general) we are a pretty immature bunch. Don't we remember the days before the internet when all we had were magazines that were usually 6 weeks out of date, those were frustrating times :D

In this day and age unfortunately the element of surprise and mystic is something of the past. I try not to get any hype for anything in fear of ruining it for myself if i absorb to much info.
I steer clear of beta video or preview just for that.

Some of the best movies/games i have ever played were some that i had no idea what they were about or what to expect. Call me old school but i will wait and read what they want me to read.

I wont be stomping my feet with armed crossed, Crying cause i don't know yesterday everything about whatever is coming.

unfortunatly games these days everythings compared..

FPs to Call of duty
race Sims to iracing

all games get compared and therefore devs are worries about straying off the guilded path.. Ive played many a game which had bad reviews and thought wow this is actually pretty good, what they talking about?!!?

anyway back on topic, jay have you a timeline of when these old cars will be updated.?

cheers

not to be rude guys/devs :(, but it sounds like your pushing for selling more new content and not fixing current content to me (or not in a rush to). i dont even want to buy cars because once youve experienced the new physics its hard to drive old cars.

I think this will be more important to your sim than another dtm experience pack..

Also can we not see pitsops and tyres come to rre content?

If the DTM license is holding you back adding the same features to the rre content, i suggest not signing for them again, as i believe thats holding the sim back more than anything else.

Last edited:
Its fairly simple, on one hand the goal is to bring all content to the same level and on the other side is to keep pushing the platform forward. These things will have to go side by side, and no matter what path is walked it will take the time it takes to reach these goals.
We believe working on both goals at the same time is the best way forward and should please both sides in the community and our partners/licensors at the same time. Its a win win really.

Lets not forget it is called development for a reason, it means taking incremental steps to reach the goals you set your sights on.

We believe working on both goals at the same time is the best way forward and should please both sides in the community and our partners/licensors at the same time. Its a win win really.

like the fact it's a win for you as i love your games and i want you to produce other great games like race 2014 or dtm 2020 or whathever, but wouldn't be better to first have a solid base and then inserting new features?i mean...dtm 2013 is waiting for pitstops for almost a year from what i recall...
i love your work , don't get me wrong...i simply don't get the fact you're inserting new content with latest updates more than old content being updated (and that's the main reason why lot of my friends still keep playing race 07 instead of raceroom) :)

we should not forget R3E is a live game (in development) with a great amount of people with mixed interest playing it.

Some waiting for updates on old content and some waiting for new content. Some waiting for a nordschleife, other waiting for more hill climbs cars, other waiting for a slower cup car, otherwise waiting for pitstops, dedicated servers, updated tracks with roadfeel, night racing, driver changes, more track, new cars, FFB improvements, better sounds the list goes on and on.

Since it is impossible for us to cater everyone and all each with their own priority wishes we try to spend our time wisely on several things at the same time, knowing some people will not agree no matter what we decide to work on next.

Sector3 is a small team, and like said before i believe in the last few months we have achieved to deliver some really great improvements that were welcomed with open arm across the board. And we will continue that route for the foreseeable future.

Its not about to get the people to the game, its about to hold em!
As you can see already in mp, after a new release its great.
But now? who have to search a while for an wtcc 2013 mp race. (not talking about some not so popular carclasses).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back