Updating old cars physics= ETA

Msportdan

@Simberia
this question must be on the back of everyones mind.

So whats the ETA of the old cars being updated to the new physics, because I'm sure its going to effect peoples purchasing decision lately, and mine.

Is it years in the making or months or even weeks?

Be good to know guys..

cheers

Sector3 is a small team, and like said before i believe in the last few months we have achieved to deliver some really great improvements that were welcomed with open arm across the board. And we will continue that route for the foreseeable future.

i perfectly get you point :) and I think that in 2 months you showned what it should have been about 2 years ago...i also know raceroom is growing and updating faster than every other sim out there and this is a very good thing, so don't get me wrong...simply i don't think having new things updated and old things not updated (especially free content) it's a good idea (especially for first users that wants to come back)...but i know you can't please everyone :)

Its not about to get the people to the game, its about to hold em!
As you can see already in mp, after a new release its great.
But now? who have to search a while for an wtcc 2013 mp race. (not talking about some not so popular carclasses).
Yeah, getting an online race can be quite difficult. DTM online is pretty much dead and I'm not finding many people racing the ADAC GT and WTCC content.

Well, once we have dedicated RD Servers then we can finally get to race this game properly. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the Multiplayer hitting 'beta' enough for us to be allowed to try that.
(and we need Minis)

Its not about to get the people to the game, its about to hold em!
As you can see already in mp, after a new release its great.
But now? who have to search a while for an wtcc 2013 mp race. (not talking about some not so popular carclasses).

Agreed!
I think features is more of a problem then content in this matter.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm always thrilled to try out new content when it arrives!
The problem is that single races will get boring after a while, just like hot laps did before.
I need something to drive for in the long run.
So after a few days or maybe a week (depending on how much content was released) I'm back playing Race 07, or some other racing game..

What R3E needs right now in my opinion is, customizable single player championships and pit stops.
And I guess some new "famous" tracks wouldn't hurt!

I'm locking forward to DTM 2014 with pit stops and all.
But DTM isn't my cup of tea.
So I will probably be around for a week or two, then.. Yea, you can figure out where I'll be..

Whenever I start up the game I go in to check the servers, If there are any fun car/track combinations with good participation.
I also take breaks from single player to go watch the servers some times, and I often check them before I quit the game.

But if I'm not tempted to go into single player, I won't bother to go in and check the multiplayer servers either.

I truly think your doing an awesome work with this sim S3!
And I'm confident that I will see all the things I hope for this game some day.

I just think you should prioritize more features rather than content for a while.
Not totally stop content from coming, I understand that you need this to have more players buy in to the game.
Just give more features than content till you evened things out.

Please remember: the art / sound / physics department which is responsible for the content is usually not the same as the department responsible for feature integration and development.

I guess, once we have Pit Stops in DTM E it won't be that long until they make it into R3E.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%