Resource icon

Misc Ultimate Cockpit Movement 1.6.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Say, kelaroost, could you tell me which camera ident the ingame "LNG_CAMERA_CHASE_NEAR_REVERSE" in the cameras.xml is? I have trouble finding the correct one as none of them are nearly that named.

Hm, it's "suspension_cam_wheel" isn't it? Hm been messing around setting its type to "head" the movement is still the same just the left and right feels totally out of place and the cam would need to be a bit behind, haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Say, kelaroost, could you tell me which camera ident the ingame "LNG_CAMERA_CHASE_NEAR_REVERSE" in the cameras.xml is? I have trouble finding the correct one as none of them are nearly that named.

Hm, it's "suspension_cam_wheel" isn't it? Hm been messing around setting its type to "head" the movement is still the same just the left and right feels totally out of place and the cam would need to be a bit behind, haha

90% of all the settings will not work if you change from chase to head.
I cant imagine what will happen if you do that ive never done it.
All I can tell you is there are effect that work on (head) (chase) (bonnet) that only work on them presets due to the game engine limitations.
If they could be combined that would be awesome.
Side G effect suspension movement gear change pull effect lean effect look to apex interest effect dip under breaking effect head shake effect twist effect yaw effect .

But sadly they don't so you can only work with what you have within each view typ.
Ive tried before adding lines but they just get ignored by the game engine.

Currently I'm more interested in getting a head cam with the view of that chase near cam. I really like the position of the view, the effects are nice but I don't notice them after a while anyway (well the bumping I do, it's getting annoying on some circuits after long races I must admit) :D
Head cam is needed, I can't stand the chase audio anymore and lack of raindrops feels just wrong. But I don't like driving in a cockpit view :D

What the hell is with these cams ... I tried changing the cockpit-camera, looked up in the language-file and it says "head-cam" so I changed "head-cam" but the cam that changed ingame was "bumper_reverse" ... this stuff drives me crazy, seriously.
Hm, head-cam2 is cockpit cam, lmao.

And I wonder, there are 13 cams set as <hidden="false"> but there are only 10 cams ingame to switch.

Also, the cam's being pushed back when pausing the game, do you know what triggers it or what the difference in position would be? Because when I copy the position and target values from suspension_cam_wheel to head-cam2 it's too much in front but when I pause the game, it's exact the same cam position as I have it unpaused at the suspension_cam_wheel.

Edit: Hm, I've been messing a round a bit more, I think some features from chase cam adapt to head cam but, especially when turning hard left or right, maybe it's just my imagination :D Having position and fov now equal is already fine to me, that's what I was looking for, haha

What the hell is with these cams ... I tried changing the cockpit-camera, looked up in the language-file and it says "head-cam" so I changed "head-cam" but the cam that changed ingame was "bumper_reverse" ... this stuff drives me crazy, seriously.
Hm, head-cam2 is cockpit cam, lmao.

And I wonder, there are 13 cams set as <hidden="false"> but there are only 10 cams ingame to switch.

Also, the cam's being pushed back when pausing the game, do you know what triggers it or what the difference in position would be? Because when I copy the position and target values from suspension_cam_wheel to head-cam2 it's too much in front but when I pause the game, it's exact the same cam position as I have it unpaused at the suspension_cam_wheel.

Edit: Hm, I've been messing a round a bit more, I think some features from chase cam adapt to head cam but, especially when turning hard left or right, maybe it's just my imagination :D Having position and fov now equal is already fine to me, that's what I was looking for, haha

Your doing good experimenting like this its exactly what I did, change something see what happens.
Yes if you pause on chase it pulls back because of the setting I edited to compensate for the lifting and moving forward it jumps to its maximum distance.
It can be stopped but it will just wreck the cam then.
You cant have chase view as cockpit ive tried,
You can get the position just fine but the chase camera has a bubble around it that dissolves the textures.
share what you have done let me look if you have found something new that can be moved from chase to head or vice versa ide love to know what it is :)

Well, I was lazy so I just copied the parameters which the head cam did not have from susp to head-cam, edited fov [equal], position (a bit less) and tilt (a bit up) and now the focus and angle are exactly the same for hr2 currently, haha.

I know some parameters like target and the pushback stuff don't work but I didn't bother deleting things they don't work because then I'd need to figure them out after all, haha.

Yeah, I was searching few days ago to get audio and rain on chase type equal like mounted or head type but I gave up after a few hours ... :D

Edit: Hm, wanted to paste it in spoilers but there is no spoiler tag function anymore, lol

Hard to say, as I said, maybe just my imagination but when I turn hard left or hard right I've got the feeling the cam has a bit more movement - maybe it's just irregular shaking, haha it's 3am in the night, who knows what my senses notice :D

If you edited target it changes all the values on everything
Currently I'm more interested in getting a head cam with the view of that chase near cam. I really like the position of the view, the effects are nice but I don't notice them after a while anyway (well the bumping I do, it's getting annoying on some circuits after long races I must admit) :D
Head cam is needed, I can't stand the chase audio anymore and lack of raindrops feels just wrong. But I don't like driving in a cockpit view :D

Yes the main cams are the 4 cockpit views,
2 have lateral effect other 2 are from my old pack subtle cockpit movement cams.
This chase is fun and has a nice effect to it but its not for constant play I don't think, You should try using it on monoco its mental

Hard to say, as I said, maybe just my imagination but when I turn hard left or hard right I've got the feeling the cam has a bit more movement - maybe it's just irregular shaking, haha it's 3am in the night, who knows what my senses notice :D

I can tell you what to change to speed it up or slow it down or give it more or less movement or delay.
I thought you found a new effect that will work on head cam ?

I didn't edit the target, it doesn't affect the head cam anyway only the chase type.

Mental ... yeah, Melbourne is mental enough you feel like your car is doing headbanging all the time but I was driving in that view all the time as I liked the position :D

Well, that was the "new effect" it had subjectively played more, even a bit different movement than before after adding the chase cam params to the head cam params but w/e, I'm going to sleep anyway ^__^

Don't fall into the trap most cam modders fall into.
and that's over doing effects,
less is more just make them so it only gives a little glimpse of an effect,
less is more trust me

I didn't edit the target, it doesn't affect the head cam anyway only the chase type.

Mental ... yeah, Melbourne is mental enough you feel like your car is doing headbanging all the time but I was driving in that view all the time as I liked the position :D

Well, that was the "new effect" it had subjectively played more, even a bit different movement than before after adding the chase cam params to the head cam params but w/e, I'm going to sleep anyway ^__^

adding more movement can be done with the existing effects already there.
speed of movement, speed of return, delay on return,(to center)

Just curious, but is there anyway to create a focus effect that is related to the speed of the car?

As in the faster the car is traveling, the narrower/smaller the focus of the driver's vision.

See this clip from Project Cars as reference:

Maybe it's distracting in practical terms for a long race but man, that really gives a depth of field and a realism that is terrific to see if only in a YouTube clip.

Great thread.

Just curious, but is there anyway to create a focus effect that is related to the speed of the car?

As in the faster the car is traveling, the narrower/smaller the focus of the driver's vision.

See this clip from Project Cars as reference:

Maybe it's distracting in practical terms for a long race but man, that really gives a depth of field and a realism that is terrific to see if only in a YouTube clip.

Great thread.

Yes you can , the options are there in distortion.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.