Resource icon

Misc Ultimate Cockpit Movement 1.6.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
I like that vid you linked,
little to much movement for me but very little,
I like what they have done ,
I might edit one of these cams so they look towards the apex before they reach the corner the option is there.

Just curious, but is there anyway to create a focus effect that is related to the speed of the car?

As in the faster the car is traveling, the narrower/smaller the focus of the driver's vision.

See this clip from Project Cars as reference:

Maybe it's distracting in practical terms for a long race but man, that really gives a depth of field and a realism that is terrific to see if only in a YouTube clip.

Great thread.

dam that game engine is awesome,
love the movements and detail and colour map and lighting effects, weather effects also awesome,
dam I cant say anything bad about that game vid.

@kelaroost
Awesome Mod...
Thought you being 1 of the best camera mods here you would be best person to ask..

do you.. or any1 else for that matter know if it is possible to add a mod that allows you to change focus away from your car in replays???

Sometimes something happens in front or behind you and it would be nice to see exactly what happened, but the games replay only focus.s on your players car so u cant look at anything that happens to other cars up or down the road...

Maybe but I wouldn't know how to make this happen,
You would require a way for the game to know when a accident is happening and target that with the camera when it does,
I imagine it can be done but I do not know how im sorry to say.

You could add a few extra "helicopter" cams: facing backwards, at higher angles and/or moved a bit forward/backward to look at other cars.

this is the file that controls replays I think
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\F1 2012\tracks\circuits\Abu_Dhabi\route_0\replay_camera_config

all the info in this xml is written from the game editor that was easy to make when they made the track in the editor with camera duration camera height camera start location finish location radius angle you name it they had it easy to edit.
But to edit this ourselves and test results after would take ages for little reward because replays never get used on my game.

you can edit everything on the replays XML
The time it would take to test the results you changed would take a long time because we don't have the game editor that would allow us to test instantly.
Unless I had access to the editor I woudnt touch it.

I love your cam mod But as personal request there is any chance to have the same cams but static I cant seems to adapt to the shift gear change and give me headache after a quile.

Thank you.

I love your cam mod But as personal request there is any chance to have the same cams but static I cant seems to adapt to the shift gear change and give me headache after a quile.

Thank you.

Just use one of the cockpit cams with lateral side movement I made :)
The gear shift surface movement cam is just a new way to play you don't have to use it all the time,
Sorry it makes you feel ill I was sure its only the swisting cams that did that

Looking into it :)
It looks like they have done a decent job this year but in some of the effects they have gone to far and they need less movement.
Track twist on the chase cam for example are to high.
I did notice there only using this new gear change effect only for the classic cars.
And this effect is backwards it moves forward as your changing gear, Its backwards.

They should have 2 movements forward and back for when your gearing up and gearing down.

Last edited:
Hey Kelaroost, hope you enjoyed your vacation last summer on the Greek island ;).
Do you know what I can do to make the front tires visible but without the body and nose?

Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 202 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years