TT Isle of Man - The Game

I was losing it going into corners under braking until started to shift body weight since been pulling back on left analogue stick made big difference. Still having to use combined brakes but no other assists. Still crashing too much but still enjoying it. Would like to be able to adjust cockpit camera so could look above the screen to see ahead more.

I was losing it going into corners under braking until started to shift body weight since been pulling back on left analogue stick made big difference. Still having to use combined brakes but no other assists. Still crashing too much but still enjoying it. Would like to be able to adjust cockpit camera so could look above the screen to see ahead more.

I'm wondering if that's a big reason for the rear going too light, in the MS games I have rider movement on auto (aforementioned too many digits doing different things issue!) and apart from the occasional stoppie from not letting off the gas before slamming on the brakes it really works for me. No way I could do the rider movement as well as steer, just too much for me bonce. Cockpit camera needs to be more like the MS games as well mimicing a real riders head movement up and down and left and right.

Oh yes!!! After a couple of frustrating days I just had an amazing blap, upped the assists, tried my best to keep the rear loaded in fast corners (thanks Tracey) and broke the 20 min barrier on a CBR600. :) No riding line, just the map and the corner Icons. Lasted until 17 mins before my one and only crash. I now need a lie down (like Lazarou ;) ). Shattered. Didn't crash into the Raven pub either! First time for everything!

Regarding learning the track, I kinda feel like I can just set "still learning the track" as my status message for a few years to come. Just the idea of learning it seems daunting :O_o::notworthy:

Regarding learning the track, I kinda feel like I can just set "still learning the track" as my status message for a few years to come. Just the idea of learning it seems daunting :O_o::notworthy:
One way to learn it quicker is turning off shadows completely. Now you can see the track very clearly .
Use the noon option ( time of day ) if you use the 2 others the trees will look weird --but not at noon.
The danger by doing this is that you will never turn the shadows ON again :D
the flickering of the shadows does that many places you cant really see the track .
I would guess those going for a top placing in the charts turn them off ..

What's everyone's preferred bike? As I suspected I prefer the 600's and the CBR sounds the best IMO.
The Norton V4 as love the engine & had Honda VF1000F2 in 80s which I loved. Amazingly Geoff Johnson won the 1985 Production TT on a VF1000F Bol D'Or probably because it had huge petrol tank so didn't have to fill it up as much because it was no sports bike!

vf1000.jpg

I'm doing alright in the slow speed with no assists on on a Xbox one controller. Speed sensitivity 0% sorted all my steering issues out.
kzlG9Vs.jpg
Bummer!! Don't seen to have these additional adjustments on the Xbox it seems :thumbsdown::poop:. It would be really handy to have the fine tuning option you have on PC rather than be stuck with what I've got as default. I don't use a pad for anything else so it would have been great to be able to adjust the sensitivity, etc.

There is quite a big difference between the PC version and Xbox One version, the first being the inclusion of sensitivity sliders for the Xbox One controller on the PC version (no sensitivity adjustment at all on Xbox).

zdxAAq4.jpg

The graphics see quite a bump too and the gameplay is much smoother as a result with less of those frustrating 'why did the bike do that' moments I experienced on the console. Further improvements would be good but it is fully playable and enjoyable if a bit old school in the level of challenge involved.

As by far the cheapest version too the PC is the way to go with this game.
Yeah I'm just finding these things out as well Mark. I'm really enjoying my Xbox version but the lack of ability to adjust the controller and graphic settings is a bit of a disappointment tbh.

I also didn't realise that there was no possibility to change the bike setup either. I assume that's across all formats or is the PC different in that respect too.

I'm not going to let it spoil my fun as the fun quotient in this game is just awesome but it would have been nice to have the same sort of options across the formats.

I'm wondering if that's a big reason for the rear going too light, in the MS games I have rider movement on auto (aforementioned too many digits doing different things issue!) and apart from the occasional stoppie from not letting off the gas before slamming on the brakes it really works for me. No way I could do the rider movement as well as steer, just too much for me bonce. Cockpit camera needs to be more like the MS games as well mimicing a real riders head movement up and down and left and right.
Glad I'm not alone in this not being able to do all the different things these type of games require. Throttle, brakes and steering are my limit at the moment. I'm hoping to move onto manual gears next but not until I'm much more confident in whet I'm doing lol.

I did a full lap earlier tonight and had my recording software switched on.

Thought I might as well post it to show you guys a full lap. It was almost "clean" apart from one silly mistake when hard on the front brake.. But this will show you a full lap including the mountain section.

"Midge"
Really enjoyed this lap,great job :thumbsup:Certainly inspired me to get on for another run out and also to try the fork view. I did a couple of laps like that and then tried the handlebar view again and this time it seemed much better and my time was only about 20 seconds down in my best chase cam lap.

I did about 5 laps and should have easily beaten my best lap on the last 3 but each time I messed things up in the last 5 minutes with stupid mistakes. One of the problems I find is that my fingers start aching after about an hour so after 3 laps it's more difficult to be consistent lol.

I'm another one, unlike our mutual friend moodyracer, who becomes disorientated by this.. Tbh that's why I have switched and have remained riding this thing from "fork" cam. I can gauge what I am doing with my steering inputs better that way without the cockpit moving around in front of my eyes. It's a personal choice on this I think and moodyracer and other experienced players go very strongly (and fast) on "helmet" (i.e. cockpit) cam.

I am very happy to hear you are having fun with the game Peter. That's great!

"Midge" ;)
I tried the fork view and got on better than the handlebar view initially but found it hard to judge things well without some sort of bike reference to go on. So I switched to the handlebar and found I was able to deal with it much better this time around.

Loving the game "Midge" it's exactly what I was looking for on the bike front and will get a huge amount of entertainment time out of the game over the coming months. Definitely persuaded me that I should look at other bike games now as well. Ride 2, Moto GP, etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back