TT Isle of Man - The Game

Well, managed to get my wheel and pedals working, and what do you know...finally a full lap without a crash (though with quite a few close calls), clocking at 21:04 with the Supersport Honda 600. No ABS, no TC, but medium wheelie/stoppie, racing line and auto transmission for now. Still, it's progress. Having analog throttle and brake makes a huge difference (who would've thought). And while steering a bike using a wheel feels weird, it still certainly beats any other control method I've tried for me. Wish Kylotonn would add proper wheel support, even if basic. Throw some basic FFB to feel the weight shifts on top of that and it's awesome.

Are you on Windows 10? I am on Seven and I am very happy with it.
From what I have gleaned over the last couple of days is that Windows 10 is the common denominator for people with issues. Naturally I have Windows 10!
I got a friend to replicate 2 methods of connecting a steering wheel that I'd tried, he had success using Xinput on Windows 7.

Would love to know how many of the development team have completed a lap of the TT course with no racing line, abs, traction etc enabled in the settings without binning it.

Ok, so i tested this yesterday at my local game shop, and i dug into their gaming seat for a while to check this game out. I have to say that after the initial hurdle of getting into the steering etc its actually really nice driving!

Here are the issues i noticed though, and i think they would be rather easy to fix.

Sounds: On the sportsbikes the Honda CBR definitely sounded best. The others sounded pretty bad. On the superbikes almost all sounded bad, but Kawasaki, and that special blue crazy acceleration bike sounded alright (cant remember its name, MMX something i think), but that Norton bike sounded absolutely awful. Like it was a bug or something wrong with the sound. Another thing was that you only sometimes heard the gear changing "klink" (foot shifting pedal). It gives much more immersion hearing those things. Yes even if you dont hear it so much in real life. In games it heightens the experience. IMO anyway. There is also no reverb etc when going into areas with trees or houses all around you. Was a bit unexpected.

Gamepad: What i had time to notice at least was that the max throttle was when the button was pressed in 100% which makes it a bit annoying to hold the button so hard to be sure you are driving max speed. The speed comes on super little the first half of the button being pressed in and then almost everything comes at the very end. I think it should be more evenly distributed and 100% gas should be before the button being absolutely 100% pressed. Not much before, but little.

Leaning forward/back: This was a bit disappointing. That when in cockpit view (what else?) you wont lean closer/down to the windscreen/tank when leaning forward, and you wont move backwards visually (up away from the windscreen/tank) when leaning backwards. So you cant see if you are leaning forward to get away from doing a wheelie when giving it gas. You know that you are leaning forward only because you hold the stick forward. In MotoGP 08 i think i remember you would lean in cockpit view when you moved stick forward, and its the last bike game i really enjoyed (new MotoGP 18 is coming soon, but i didnt even like the ones after 08).

Bug: Noticed the red ghost bike bugged out and there was no bike under the rider. :D No biggie. Didnt play more to find any other bug, but i played for like an hour and a half.

These things aside, it IS worth it if you enjoy bike games. The speed feeling was great and in 1 1/2 hours i was much better than in the beginning and it started to feel natural. I beat the AI on medium first time i drove against them, but it was after about 1 1/2 hours of practicing, lol, and on the 3km track which is easy to learn. :D

I hope they fix the sounds and i hope they can add graphically that you lean forward into the windscreen, and upwards when leaning back. If i recall wasnt that dangerous in MotoGP 08? Leaning back at high speed? I think they had wobbling etc if you behaved moronically. Anyhoo, i think im gonna buy it. :)

Last edited:
I needed a lie down. Love the detail in this game riding that Honda CBR600 up on the mountain I felt like John McGuinness until I got distracted by Mr Gnome.

Kmm0VGn.jpg

The CBR great and handles really nice.

I remembered another thing. When doing the sections to learn Isle Of Man track there was no best time saved when you restarted, and it wasnt on the screen either so you would know if you were doing better or worse. Thought that was a bit bad as well. Fixable issue though if they want. The driving still had me excited though. Was awesome to go wheelie at max speed over bumps. I remember i was going "DAAAAUMN!" in my head. :D

There's only 1 thing that would make this game perfect.... SUZUKI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This game is partly still based on the 2016-2017 season, if I remember there's no suzuki and guy martin on the grid. And I don't know why they didn't include michael dunlop's suzuki either, maybe it'll come in the future DLCs?

Bit fed up of uncontrollable crashes when I'm neither on the brakes nor on the throttle and literally just coasting around a corner (albeit quickly), not fully cranked over and the rear just comes round and I'm down.

Really confused as to how to take any corner speed, or is that not the way to do the track? Ironically thanks to this issue my lap times are going up as I have no idea when I can push or not so I'm taking every corner slow and careful now. Anyone know if you can adjust the rear shock?

Andy, any ideas about what's happening to me and my rear tyre issues? I just feel like I'm getting a load of lift off oversteer (and inevitable crash as I can never correct it). (don't say don't lift! ;) )

I was suffering from lift off oversteer also when I was struggling to get used to the physics in this game..particularly in the superbike class. All I can suggest on this is to try to acclimatise to the physics as best you can.. Which is not easy to begin with although after a while it does become second nature. What I tend to do is to to keep some torque in the back wheel as I come off the throttle..mainly through engine braking. I suppose in a way I am "nursing" the rear end of the bike by doing this and this for me helps to keep it under control.

Can you post a video of what is happening to you?

Also, a separate issue, through bumpy and cambered sections I "nurse" it through on the throttle by running a higher gear and lower revs and let the softer torque get me through. Rather than stressing the rear end of the bike by going through those sections at higher rev.s I suppose again I am looking after the rear end in doing this?

Practice does make you faster but this is not easy.. I started off doing 21 minute laps on the Suter (otherwise known as the "Beast"!) on minimal assists and through learning the limits imposed by the physics I am now down to a low 18 minute lap whilst on the exact same settings. But it's not a walk in the park..

I am getting the rear end squirming and misbehaving whilst leaned over now across bumps. It is quite a satisfying feeling when you do this but it took a long while to get there. But yeah it's on a knife edge.

The whole riding experience is on a knife edge really isn't it? Including trail braking on the front and rear brake whilst using engine braking to steady it.. But you can do this once you get used to it. But it is a challenge not to make mistakes..and if you make a mistake you are punished and it is difficult to recover and save it..although not impossible if you overdo it just slightly.

Until the physics are patched one way or the other this is the strategy that seems to work for me. It is a massive learning curve having been through all this in recent weeks.

Just my thoughts.

"Midge"

I was suffering from lift off oversteer also when I was struggling to get used to the physics in this game..particularly in the superbike class. All I can suggest on this is to try to acclimatise to the physics as best you can.. Which is not easy to begin with although after a while it does become second nature. What I tend to do is to to keep some torque in the back wheel as I come off the throttle..mainly through engine braking. I suppose in a way I am "nursing" the rear end of the bike by doing this and this for me helps to keep it under control.

Can you post a video of what is happening to you?

Also, a separate issue, through bumpy and cambered sections I "nurse" it through on the throttle by running a higher gear and lower revs and let the softer torque get me through. Rather than stressing the rear end of the bike by going through those sections at higher rev.s I suppose again I am looking after the rear end in doing this?

Practice does make you faster but this is not easy.. I started off doing 21 minute laps on the Suter (otherwise known as the "Beast"!) on minimal assists and through learning the limits imposed by the physics I am now down to a low 18 minute lap whilst on the exact same settings. But it's not a walk in the park..

I am getting the rear end squirming and misbehaving whilst leaned over now across bumps. It is quite a satisfying feeling when you do this but it took a long while to get there. But yeah it's on a knife edge.

The whole riding experience is on a knife edge really isn't it? Including trail braking on the front and rear brake whilst using engine braking to steady it.. But you can do this once you get used to it. But it is a challenge not to make mistakes..and if you make a mistake you are punished and it is difficult to recover and save it..although not impossible if you overdo it just slightly.

Until the physics are patched one way or the other this is the strategy that seems to work for me. It is a massive learning curve having been through all this in recent weeks.

Just my thoughts.

"Midge"

Great comments Tracey, I got a bit peeved this morning with the amount of crashing. I'll try and take on board what you say as best I can but I'm running auto gears as having two many digits doing different things tends to fry my already addled brain! ;)

What I'm going to do is up the assists until I learn where I'm going! Learning the course AND acclimatising to the physics is clearly beyond me at the mo. It doesn't help that I'm still playing Ride 2 and MGP15/VR46 a bit so obviously making it harder to get into TTIOMs unique physics.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back