TT Isle of Man - The Game

The only way to give justice to this incredible race is to have the whole track laserscanned with a good level of details of the environment. I understand it will never have the GT Sport graphic quality and lighting engine, but...

The screenshot of the Kawasaki looks really good...crossing fingers about the physics and the handling of the bikes.

Reactions: Zeb
  • ronniej

Looking forward to this, but I haven't played a Moto GP or otherwise that captures the essence of riding a bike, like a car game can get a little closer because your mainly stationary enclosed in a cockpit. That's why many bike riders can't get into these games and I'm not sure how anyone would achieve it. (But pls, keep trying!)
I own a ZX10R and not that I've ever done it, or have had the space to do it up here in Canada:sneaky: but I hear its quite thrilling to go 300+kph with little to no protection and everything is blurring from the vibration and velocity and praying to your God that nothing comes between your front tire and the road. Hard to capture.

If this is an actual SIM; I will design a peripheral for this. For too long car SIM's have had wheels and pedals and what not. It's time for us bikers to have our stuff too. I have Solidworks 2016 and I'm not afraid to use it! There are a ton of local CNC machine shops here too. I may need help from electricians and computer nerds in here though. All I can do is the part design phase.

Kylotonn did a great job of WRC 7, so cautiously optimistic and the bikes look great. Can't make a worse bike game than Milestone anyway.
Test Drive Unlimited 3 will be also made by Kylotonn, if I'm not mistaken? At least Test Drive rights are now owned by same publisher, BigBen. Could be interesting...

Because WRC 7 handling is quite believable, only the FFB they are struggling a bit with. TDU type of game with okay physics would be a blast. I love the concept of TDU 1 and 2, but handling was a problem

Bike game, even with greatest physics, the controlling method is a problem.

Btw, started to think if Jamie Coward's surname had anything to do with him becoming Isle of Man TT driver :D Like "I'll show you..."

Last edited:
  • ronniej

If this is an actual SIM; I will design a peripheral for this. For too long car SIM's have had wheels and pedals and what not. It's time for us bikers to have our stuff too. I have Solidworks 2016 and I'm not afraid to use it! There are a ton of local CNC machine shops here too. I may need help from electricians and computer nerds in here though. All I can do is the part design phase.
Godspeed sir. It would have to be a standalone unit much like the motion kits for racing sims....Once a true bike sim were to surface, there would be a market and you could be at the forefront.

*Perhaps not, it could be a base unit like there is now as there isn't much resistance from left to right just the "absorption" feel would be most important (up-down FFB)...Hmmm, interesting..Good luck lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be cool to see something like that happening. Actually there are some youtube videos of "Selfmade" mototbike simulators: e.g.
There seem to be even more professional implementations:

Adding our own bikes is enough for me :cool:
Not for me. I'd be happy as long as it has the Production spec TT bikes in the different classes as per real TT. I don't want to ride the course on a stupidly fast Moto Gp bike for instance. Perhaps older classes like 250/350 two strokes and classic TT bikes maybe. But they could be added as DLC.

Would be cool to see something like that happening. Actually there are some youtube videos of "Selfmade" mototbike simulators: e.g.
There seem to be even more professional implementations:

Yeah I have see those but I was thinking of something more along the lines of a race wheel and foot controls. Something easy to box up and ship. I'll do some prototype designing soon. I just know I want CNC machined metals and carbon used.

Yeah I have see those but I was thinking of something more along the lines of a race wheel and foot controls. Something easy to box up and ship. I'll do some prototype designing soon. I just know I want CNC machined metals and carbon used.
We just need some force feedback handlebars in all realistic hope. Something affordable.

We just need some force feedback handlebars in all realistic hope. Something affordable.

That is my intent brother. Like I said there are a ton of machine shops around here. I need to find out what types of switches, buttons and axis switches game controllers use. That way I can design my bars to spec. I heard of something called a potentiometer too? I just wish I knew what all the electrical component jargon was. Maybe after I get something up; some one will help me? I'm thinking direct drive but that makes it expensive.

I was thinking of using this Yoke (Triple Clamp) design for the first part I lay down. It is from the 2017 Ducati GP17. It won't be an outright rip off but you get the idea of the style and quality I am going for.

011.jpg

Last edited:

Good plan. But i think its not really worth the invested time and brainpower.

Back in the good old arcardetimes i played manxx tt alot with the fullsize bike machine. Then the owner of the arcardehall sold them and brought the cheaper ones with only the handlebar. Just felt dull and awkward.
When you ever driven a motorbike by yourself.....yeah you cant compare a steeringwheel in a car to a handlebar on a motorbike. On a motorbike the handlebar is most likely just used for one thing: hold on em so you dont get blown down off your bike by the air. Turning is bodywork 95% of the time.
So to make a good simulation tool i would suggest you to instead of focusing on a handlebar focus on some sort of forcefeedback driven bicyleframe.
You just need 3 "electric driven springs" as dampers (2 fork, 1 rear) and 2 larger ones for going sideways. Then you can attach any sort of handlebar :)

Cheers and godspeed :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea