Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just tried your mod, because it's exactly what I'm looking for but on a career race at Monaco I had the feeling I didn't have any tire wear.. Same with practice on Montreal after. Maybe I'm missing something ? xD

I'm on Toro rosso btw, expert difficulty.

Monaco race - season 1 - 25% race - 6 cars retired at the end of the race.
AI is too much agressive on turn 6 (grand hotel hairpin), they were pushing me in each lap :D

Last edited:

Out of sight bug - Are you experiencing this? I think there may still be room for improvement here...

Overall competitiveness for your difficulty level - Are you too fast for your current difficulty level, but the next level up is too fast for you? Remember to name the track(s) where you find this to be notably more evident.

Fanatec GT3 v2 - CSR Elite Pedals - Legend - All aids/helps off - Lotus (Career)

Qualifying times: Too Fast! 1 Sec faster than the 2th Place. ( Yes on Legend, Melbourne).
Out of sight bug: It's a little bit better but a little bit improvement needed.
Overall competitiveness for your difficulty level: I am too fast for legend :D Mostly 0.700 - 0.800 tens quicker than the AI in the Race every Round.

is our own perfomance now more slow because of the modified gear ratio? because its impossible to beat my own laprecords in time trial

Last edited:
50% race on Shangai almost all teams did 5 pit stops, including mine (Sauber) at Expert difficulty (Career). That course in the real GP did 4 pit stops and that's how it's done in vanilla too. I don't like the tyre wear at the moment, but I saw a lot of improvements during the race.

50% race on Shangai almost all teams did 5 pit stops, including mine (Sauber) at Expert difficulty (Career). That course in the real GP did 4 pit stops and that's how it's done in vanilla too. I don't like the tyre wear at the moment, but I saw a lot of improvements during the race.

I'm working on Shanghai right now, found the same problem

i have option debug in menu. how does it work reduced mechanics into this voice? the mod is great. but i think that the ai in legend mode is improvable. opponents are very aggressive on the brakes but lap times sometime are high and this allows me to approach drastically.

I just tried your mod, because it's exactly what I'm looking for but on a career race at Monaco I had the feeling I didn't have any tire wear.. Same with practice on Montreal after. Maybe I'm missing something ? xD

I'm on Toro rosso btw, expert difficulty.

Monaco race - season 1 - 25% race - 6 cars retired at the end of the race.
AI is too much agressive on turn 6 (grand hotel hairpin), they were pushing me in each lap :D

Can anyone help me with this ? I have 0 tire wear with this mod, anyone knows what can cause this ? It was working normally before installing this mod.

Can anyone help me with this ? I have 0 tire wear with this mod, anyone knows what can cause this ? It was working normally before installing this mod.

Why do people assume I'm sitting next to them watching them play the game?

What track(s) are you racing at that give you 0 tyre wear?
What car are you driving?
Is this in Career Mode? Or a quick race?

Come on guys, stop making me pull information out of you...
As well, it says right on the overview page (which mysteriously no one seems to choose to read) what information I need from you when you're posting in this discussion.

I'm saying it now, if you don't follow the simple instructions on the overview page I'm going to ignore you for wasting my time. This isn't hard...RTFOP (Read The F**king Overview Page)

Last edited:
i'm playing in career mode with sauber. i have done the race in canada.i also noticed that when i change session, the wear of engine and gearbox reset

Last edited:
Why do people assume I'm sitting next to them watching them play the game?

What track(s) are you racing at that give you 0 tyre wear?
What car are you driving?
Is this in Career Mode? Or a quick race?

Come on guys, stop making me pull information out of you...
As well, it says right on the overview page (which mysteriously no one seems to choose to read) what information I need from you when you're posting in this discussion.

I'm saying it now, if you don't follow the simple instructions on the overview page I'm going to ignore you for wasting my time. This isn't hard...RTFOP (Read The F**king Overview Page)

Mate, before being agressive you should actually read the posts on this thread, I gave the infos you're asking in bold... Post 42...

I will give the complement of infos :
o Did you install all of the files? Yes
o Difficulty level used : Expert (already said)
o Assists used : ABS & Traction control
o Team you're driving for : Toro Rosso (already said)
o Track(s) you are racing at : Monaco (already said)
o Race Distance used : 25% (already said)

I can accept reflections but you overreacted on this one, stay cool I'm just there to give feedback ;)

Mate, before being agressive you should actually read the posts on this thread, I gave the infos you're asking in bold... Post 42...

I will give the complement of infos :
o Did you install all of the files? Yes
o Difficulty level used : Expert (already said)
o Assists used : ABS & Traction control
o Team you're driving for : Toro Rosso (already said)
o Track(s) you are racing at : Monaco (already said)
o Race Distance used : 25% (already said)

I can accept reflections but you overreacted on this one, stay cool I'm just there to give feedback ;)

Thanks for the details, and you seemed exacerbated so I figured this was an ongoing issue across multiple tracks for you.
Now that I have the info I need, the issue is clear:

ABS and Traction Control drastically reduce tyre wear. As well, Monaco and Montreal are low tyre wear tracks. CM coded them that way, and so did I with my new tyre wear model. Lastly, a 25% distance race at those tracks means your scheduled pitstop strategy brings you in before those tyres would have been worn if you were doing a 50% or 100% distance race. For instance with Monaco on a 50% distance race, you're told to stop on lap 11. With a 25% race, the race is only 20 laps long. So could you stay out on the Super Softs until lap 11/20? Sure, but then your hard compound tyres aren't being used effectively. The engineers realize this, so they bring you in on lap 8 or so in a 25% race at Monaco. So that, coupled with ABS and TCS, and no wonder you don't see any tyre wear. I'd expect to see the same thing with the vanilla game.

I myself have been testing some issues with Shanghai. The tyre wear there with no assists is so high I've started to have to use medium traction control just to keep the AI in sight during 50% races. So trust me, I've coded for tyre wear and it's using the same tyre longevity values CM used, with slightly modified team wear rates. I've just created more levels of track wear. There's only 3 by default, I've enabled 9, which gives me more flexibility to me more specific with tyre wear for each track. Good examples of this are Hungary and China. With the default game, tyre wear is incredibly high at these tracks to the point where you can't keep up with the AI after a few laps.
I'm rambling...the point is that tyre wear is enabled, but you're setting yourself up to not see much of it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back