Trembling Mountain

Tracks Trembling Mountain V1.2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've released V1.2, which is available for anyone who's bought the track over on sellfy (you'll need your original download link from the email when you first purchased the track - if you can't find it, just let me know the email address associated with your purchase and I can get your link for you).

For some reason though, I can't seem to update the resource here on racedepartment to upload V1.2 - I'll do so if and when I can.

During the lockdown and with some time on my hands, I noticed that my track had several really annoying - namely that the AI kept running out of fuel, the rolling start didn't work at all and the cones and distance markers were flashing at night! - Of course, I just had to fix all of these issues.

Here's the change log for V1.2:

- Fixed AI not being able to pit properly and refuel (WP connections in pits now all correct)
- Fixed rolling start issue where cars would go to 0,0,0 (WP connections for grids positions now all correct)
- Fixed rolling start issue where cars would all start in a centre line inside of each other (teleport spot needed to be after the final grid position)
- Shading improvements for flag, fences (pit and safety), rocks, bridge (arch and walls), walls, some tents, and some buildings (using set to face vertex normals)
- Minor improvement to armcos material (specular adjustments)
- Fixed tower banner (no longer behind railings on one side)
- Fixed transparent inner control tower material (concrete material now double-sided)
- Adjusted colour settings for big tree (less dark now)
- Fixed billboard shadow issues (separated face and no shadow cast for structure - only face)
- Improved nightlighting (more lights around pit area + adjusted intensities)
- Fixed flashing cones + distance markers at night (incorrect pivot points fixed)
- Adjusted all main ("FASTEST") AI lines (except GP)
- Added "LOW_DOWNFORCE_FAST" AI racing line to each track (except GP versions) for low downforce cars [primarily designed for road cars and similar - not optimised for historics]
- Added "LMP_FAST" AI racing line to 24 and International versions for LMP cars
- Added RCD file to each track layout (except GP versions) to determine which cars use which racing line (default line is "FASTEST" which is intended for GT3 cars still)

From my testing the AI are definitely better behaved but also slower it seems unfortunately - creating AI lines that are good for different cars is still a real dark art to me! The track definitely looks better though.

V1.2 is definitely the last update in terms of the track itself - it's possible i'll find time to update the AI in the future but that will be the only thing as my licenses for maya and 3ds max have expired.

Let me know what you think and hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Leighton

Thanks blindthing
Happy for those improvements

P. S. Any chance of a future mexico 1966 update (like grass, guard rails, curbs and anticut tyres textures / saturation) ?

Last edited:
blindthing updated Trembling Mountain with a new update entry:

Trembling Mountain V1.2

As mentioned, I had a little trouble uploading the update here but Neilski has kindly sorted that out for me - so here's the Clubs Only version of the V1.2 update.

Just for clarity, here's the change log for v1.2 again:

- Fixed AI not being able to pit properly and refuel (WP connections in pits now all correct)
- Fixed rolling start issue where cars would go to 0,0,0 (WP connections for grids positions now all correct)
- Fixed rolling start issue where cars would all start in a centre...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks blindthing
Happy for those improvements

P. S. Any chance of a future mexico 1966 update (like grass, guard rails, curbs and anticut tyres textures / saturation) ?

Thanks Mauro - glad you like it.

Re: mexico 66 - I don't think so unfortunately as my licences have expired so I'm very limited with what I can do (using only 3Dsimed3 and GJED) and don't really have the time anymore (my freelance work is demanding more and more time).

I think in a month or so I'll make both tracks available for free and anyone who wants to update/improve them can do so (I can always supply any original files required) - think this would be best way going forward as I feel I've done pretty much all I can now.

blindthing updated Trembling Mountain with a new update entry:

Trembling Mountain V1.2 (All Layouts)

Hi everyone,

as I've mentioned to a couple of people who have contacted me for various reasons, I always planned to make the full version of the track (all layouts) free after a certain amount of time, which I think has now come.

So here's the full version - now completely free!

Note: this update has no changes to the track. It's simply releasing the all layouts version free of charge.

I want to firstly say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me by purchasing the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

this is interesting but you don't list how much you sent Lawrence Stroll

For full disclosure on the money side:
- 190 sales (some double as they also purchased mexico 66 at the same time)
- Total revenue (after fees) = 462.74 GBP (Paypal took on average around 40p from each sale.)
- Costs of sales (sellfy 1 year store page) = 211.90 GBP
- Total profit = 250.84 GBP

I really appreciate your work and I don't regret having bought it for the release!!!
Very nice gesture to make it available for free because of the great work done bravo!!

Is this great track compatible with the newest version of rFactor 2 (as of March 2023)? I put the rfcmp file in my packages folder and it just does not appear in the content manager, making it imposssible to install.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.