AC TransAm (TA2) at Road Atlanta - Monday Oct 23

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

dbx71

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the Monday Night US RD Race Club!

[AC] TransAm TA2 @ Road Atlanta.jpg

Big thanks as always to @Luca Ciarfella for the fantastic artwork.

Join us as we continue our tour of selected tracks from the TransAm TA2 series. For the next race we head over to one of the most popular tracks in the US - Road Atlanta. With its blind crests, sweeping fast corners and roller-coaster elevation changes, Road Atlanta will keep you on the edge.

The TA2 series is one of America's hottest and fastest growing race events featuring the classic, Big 3 Pony Cars: Camaro, Mustang and Challenger. These cars will seriously challenge your driving skills but are a thrill to drive.

Choose your favorite car and take your place on the grid as we continue the age-old battle between these legends of American Motorsports history.

This event will be hosted by @dbx71

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/35fcc4a5-9d0a-4ec3-9272-4d53c62d16a5?server=5

using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.

• 18:00 PDT | 20:00 CDT | 45 minutes - Official Practice
  • 18:45 PDT | 20:45 CDT | 30 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:15 PDT | 21:15 CDT | 2x 15 min Race 1 and 2
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars
    • AC | ARC TA2 Rage Pack from VRC available here:
    • Minimum of 3 races guaranteed with these cars
  • Track: Road Atlanta 2022 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-atlanta-2022.44533/
  • Pit stop: Not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:
Entry list:

TA2-2020cal.jpg

Attachments

• 5f70d644be145.image.jpg
    5f70d644be145.image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
So no NOLA now? I am so down for this car and track combo though. I have one concern though. When I go to register it only gives me the option to pick a, Clio? You cant trick me that easy DBX :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Edit: I got it figured out and registered for the correct race. My original theory still stands, since the link posted above took me to the Clio registration

Last edited:
So no NOLA now? I am so down for this car and track combo though. I have one concern though. When I go to register it only gives me the option to pick a, Clio? You cant trick me that easy DBX :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Edit: I got it figured out and registered for the correct race. My original theory still stands, since the link posted above took me to the Clio registration
Damn, You saw right through my attempt to get you into that Clio. Lol.

Kidding aside, sounds like I need to update those registration links. Thx for letting me know but I’m glad you figured it out.

Check out the practice server when you get a chance. I think you guys are gonna like the track settings.

I haven’t forgotten about Nola. Just trying to get more folks in with more popular track first.

@dbx71 can I have the password please?
I like such kind of cars and want to test them tonight. Are they as equal as a single brand cup or are there huge differences between those cars?
Hi Reik; Of course you’re welcome to try out the server! The password is the same as the usual for Han and Colin’s events. I will send it via PM anyway.
There are differences between the cars even between the CSP and non CSP versions of the same car. You’re going to like driving them. We’re loving them!
Looking forward to your thoughts.

Hi Reik; Of course you’re welcome to try out the server! The password is the same as the usual for Han and Colin’s events. I will send it via PM anyway.
There are differences between the cars even between the CSP and non CSP versions of the same car. You’re going to like driving them. We’re loving them!
Looking forward to your thoughts.
Thank you mate!

So, if I have the free time, I could join without CSP? I don't have it...

ok, made the following updates / adjustments:

-updated registration links for correct event
-moved the event session times from early evening to afternoon to improve FPS and changed weather to a standard setting not requiring CSP
-changed race format to 2 x 15 minute races

hope this helps. let me know if any issues.

-moved the event session times from early evening to afternoon to improve FPS and changed weather to a standard setting not requiring CSP
Yesterday evening I wasn't able to join the server. Pretty sure because I don't have CM and CSP.

Do you mean I would now be able to join without it? Can't test it from work...

Yesterday evening I wasn't able to join the server. Pretty sure because I don't have CM and CSP.

Do you mean I would now be able to join without it? Can't test it from work...
correct. i believe you should be able to join both servers now since i took away any settings requiring CSP.
let me know if that works for you.

correct. i believe you should be able to join both servers now since i took away any settings requiring CSP.
let me know if that works for you.
I still can't join both servers. I think it's logical because with the CSP-versions of the cars, there's still some content on the server my game can't start as long as I don't install CSP.

Those csp cars also don't load offline for me. But no problem for me. I'm very short on free time, so Ive no hard feelings missing this one...

I still can't join both servers. I think it's logical because with the CSP-versions of the cars, there's still some content on the server my game can't start as long as I don't install CSP.

Those csp cars also don't load offline for me. But no problem for me. I'm very short on free time, so Ive no hard feelings missing this one...
ahhh that's too bad... well, we gave it a good effort. hopefully, you can join us in some future events.

in the meanwhile, you may want to consider installing CSP (and CM)... those mods really bring up the gameplay experience of AC.

ahhh that's too bad... well, we gave it a good effort. hopefully, you can join us in some future events.

in the meanwhile, you may want to consider installing CSP (and CM)... those mods really bring up the gameplay experience of AC.
Thanks for your effort mate!

I'm a bit lazy to get into this CM and CSP stuff. And I'm afraid my low spec PC wouldn't handle all that eye candy stuff. (Intel i 5, 8 gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 390)

Thanks for your effort mate!

I'm a bit lazy to get into this CM and CSP stuff. And I'm afraid my low spec PC wouldn't handle all that eye candy stuff. (Intel i 5, 8 gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 390)
no worries. well, i must say considering you are on a 'low spec PC' you somehow still manage to put in some pretty impressive performances on the online races here. nice job. :thumbsup:

let's hope you don't get serious about this simracing stuff and decide to buy yourself a nice high performance PC!
:O_o:

Schedule for 2024 TransAm Championship is out:

For those who may be interested, we'll be running a parallel championship here featuring the same tracks (as available) starting at the beginning next year. Consider the current TA2 events we're hosting here as practice :thumbsup:

In the meantime, there are a couple of other interesting championship events in the works that we think you'll enjoy.
Stay tuned!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 75 59.1%