AC Toyota ST 185 Rally @Seattle Circuit Wed 17 July

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hope they get you sorted out quickly, Bobby. I was just thinking, my wife is in her last year of school to become a nurse practitioner and this past Tuesday she had her first day of practice to learn prostate and pelvic exams...I hope they didn't let her practice on you for your appointment, my friend, the timing sure seems suspicious... :cautious::laugh:
Hmm, making sense now:laugh::laugh:
I have my rig slightly disassembled to try to install a couple transducers
That's awfully close to saying "Flux Capacitor":D
s-l1000.jpg

I've been communicating with various AC leagues about what I've been doing lately to "AutoCast" races. This is an example of what that looks and sounds like from a test stream last weekend.

When driver names are not recognized they are replaced with "Fantasy Names", but I can add known names to the apps and they would be included.

Let me know if there are questions.

I've been communicating with various AC leagues about what I've been doing lately to "AutoCast" races. This is an example of what that looks and sounds like from a test stream last weekend.
When driver names are not recognized they are replaced with "Fantasy Names", but I can add known names to the apps and they would be included.

Let me know if there are questions.
I love all your apps so I shouldn't be surprised at you've come up with here. So you've written something, yet again, that's really cool and would be nice to have. This would allow you to race as well, correct? I've been watching some of you streams and vids for the ACRL. Do you strictly stream those and commentate or are you also driving on a certain night?

I have not raced with ACRL yet (hoping to do that soon), mostly with NAGP and recently AC Vintage.

I have a second PC and a second account that connects to the race session and doesn't (usually) require any interaction other than starting the OBS stream and connecting to the AC server. I didn't write the autocams or overlay (got that from a friend), but I did write the announcer bot and the custom Just for Chat.

Usually I race on Mondays at 9pm EST, but lately I'm focusing more on the apps and the broadcasting and connecting with other AC leagues.

To just answer multiple questions at once:
There are RD rules:
- no recognizable real names in public stuff. This means simresults with full real names, streams with the names visible etc.
If the names are shortened it's all good. It's just about googling their names and not finding them :)

- no voices in the public if people don't want that. Meaning asking in Teamspeak when everybody is there who will use TS for the recorded session. If nobody says something against it, you're good.

- no laptimes in public (I don't like this rule but it is a rule...)

and there are the EU laws which are simple and totally stupid at the same time:
- "no private data being stored without the consent of the user".
Or something along those lines...
now stracker stores:
- name
- steamID
- some data about usage times etc.

The problem is whether or not a steamID is "private data". And since nobody paid a lawyer to find out, RD won't use it.
It's pretty sad imo since this law in reality leads to simply all big companies continuing their crapshow because their lawyers find ways while all the small things like one man companies or forums get their hands tied...

Is everyone else aware that the Pit Lane at the Seattle Circuit is not functioning properly? When I drive through it there's no speed limit, and it doesn't count my lap. There's also no pit box, so I'm not sure if you could pit for repairs or not, but since it's a 20 minute race maybe that doesn't matter?

So is it OK for me to stream the race using a secondary account if my apps replace all the drivers real names with fantasy names? Examples of fantasy names would be "Alain Prost", "Ayrton Senna", "James, Hunt", etc. There would be no broadcasting of the teamspeak channel, so that is not a concern. Sorry if this seems like a duplicate question, I just want to make sure everyone is OK with it.

If anyone would like me to use their real name (First and Last) I can do that, but I would need to know in advance what your AC driver name is so that can be programmed into the Announcer Bot logic.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-regulations-2019.10978/
"It's strictly forbidden to record and broadcast the real names of our members and/or TeamSpeak voice-chat via YouTube, Twitch and/or other media unless you have permission from all the drivers in the session to stream it."

Hmm, I just realized/reread that laptimes are not allowed, which I suppose I could hide if need be.

Thanks,

Dave\Esotic

@Esotic I've always said that we all have an inner stripper that wants to be seen. So if you see me in a race, you're welcome to stream and of course, you can use my real name.

I know @scottiedawg66 has been really busy irl so he may niot see your posts. I would go ahead and plan on streaming however you are going to do it. If I'm wrong, I'll take the wrath of Kong on by myself, but I know it's not going to be an issue:D:D:D Here, I'll take car of all the drivers:

Hey guys, @Esotic is going to be streaming the race tomorrow night. If you have a problem with it, speak up now or forever hold your peace. He can also substitute a fake name for your real name, but I know you strippers want to be seen on that brass pole. C'mon, I know you do:D:D

I hate to say it but there is almost no chance I make it tonight :( I finished drilling my pedal plate last night and it is all ready for reassembly after I buy a little bit of new hardware on my way home tonight, but I still need to fabricate another bracket, and I still haven't turned a single lap on the track. We'll see, but it's not looking good.

My stream is here:

Just realized the automation relies on a functioning pit lane, which is why the camera never left the setup screens. :(

Last edited:
thanks for coming out everyone. what a blast of a car and track pairing! I am on vacation next week so we will not have an event. I tested the new silesia ring here on RD and its not my idea of a good time.

Throw out a few track ideas and I will pair up a car. Perhaps we should go back to GT4s? or the dallara F3? or??? throw out some ideas fellas.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back