Cars Touring car legends mod?

I think its AWESOME - I just drove a Jag Mk2 around Bathurst and it was possibly the best Simracing experience i have ever had - just ahead of racing the Mini from the same pack at Silverstone....
Its free - so he is not profiting from the pack.
He credits where he got the models from - so hes not taking credit for someone else work.
I have a tee-shirt with the Mona Lisa on it - i dont hate it just because its not the original. The guy that made the tee shirt didn't claim to paint the original - he just though it was a cool tee shirt.

Are you guys over thinking this? Have you forgotten Simracing is just allowed to be fun ?

Oh the models aren't original blah, blah blah.

This is one of the most fun mods I have downloaded. Bazza has done a great job putting this together. The cars can be put into four wheel drifts and they play well together. Run the 70's group around Goodwood and you will be surprised how much fun they are.

People have to stop their attitudes and just drive and have fun.

He credits where he got the models from - so hes not taking credit for someone else work.
BS. He credits who converted the model from another game. That person is not the original source and he knows it. That's also why you won't see it released here on RD.
1575168609911.png

Not BS - I wrote (and you quoted me) he credited where HE got the model from.
How far do you have to go back? I think Georg Bertram and Manfred Rennen designed the original IRL BMW 2002 - Do they get credit for their "artwork"?
If Bazza isn't making money from it and isn't claiming credit for the work, why so precious about using someone else's artwork? It's not copyrighted? There are far greater moral crimes in the world to worry about.

So based on the video description mods list, are then ALL these mods rips?

1967 Grand Prix Legends pack
Grand Prix Legends 1500cc
1969 Formula 5000 pack
F1 1975 pack
Trans Am pack
GT Legends pack
2017-12-23 AC Legends Prototypes

Cause I love driving the F1 1975 pack and 1967 Grand Prix Legends pack cars :(

I own all AC DLC, and I don't mind paying for good mods, and really appreciate mods people have made.

AC has so few classic cars and they are my joy to drive (having a class of similar cars without mods is not easily possible in AC). I'm not a big fan of modern aero stuff. I Like to wrestle the cars around the track. Low or early aero cars are just a blast.

I brought the DRM pack cause even tho some of the graphics are not up to standards of Kunos cars (and few minor issues) , god they are fun to drive and they sound real nice. I wish AC had more classic and vintage stuff like this.

This is so me...(and most of these are in AC now stock and with mods)
A smorgasbord of I want to drive cars...

Last edited:
These mods are all rips from games like GT Legends, Project Cars (1) or rFactor (1) or GPL They recently have released a BMW M1 Procar pack with updated physics from Bazza but didn´t care about the skins so they even have the Project Cars skins with the fake adverts (like Zipanol or Yirotires) included. If you don´t care about that you are fine to race these cars - at least they don´t charge you a buck for this like other scammers.

So based on the video description mods list, are then ALL these mods rips?

1967 Grand Prix Legends pack
Grand Prix Legends 1500cc
1969 Formula 5000 pack
F1 1975 pack
Trans Am pack
GT Legends pack
2017-12-23 AC Legends Prototypes

Cause I love driving the F1 1975 pack and 1967 Grand Prix Legends pack cars :(

I own all AC DLC, and I don't mind paying for good mods, and really appreciate mods people have made.

AC has so few classic cars and they are my joy to drive (having a class of similar cars without mods is not easily possible in AC). I'm not a big fan of modern aero stuff. I Like to wrestle the cars around the track. Low or early aero cars are just a blast.

I brought the DRM pack cause even tho some of the graphics are not up to standards of Kunos cars (and few minor issues) , god they are fun to drive and they sound real nice. I wish AC had more classic and vintage stuff like this.

This is so me...(and most of these are in AC now stock and with mods)
A smorgasbord of I want to drive cars...

Bazza's vintage content is some of the most fun to drive for AC, especially his GPL mod pack. I wouldn't worry too much about sim racing mod politics and just drive. Distributing ripped content isn't a good practice and isn't condoned or allowed on RD for a reason. As long as he's not profiting off of stolen models like some other companies that I will not name, it shouldn't really matter what he does with his own spare time on a website that allows that kind of content.

Bazza's vintage content is some of the most fun to drive for AC, especially his GPL mod pack. I wouldn't worry too much about sim racing mod politics and just drive. Distributing ripped content isn't a good practice and isn't condoned or allowed on RD for a reason. As long as he's not profiting off of stolen models like some other companies that I will not name, it shouldn't really matter what he does with his own spare time on a website that allows that kind of content.

here here..

I have to side with Bazza here. The packs of vintage cars he's putting together are a revelation if you are looking to put together a field of AIs. He's putting a lot of effort in them, an he's not trying to sell or make any profit from it in any way Also I'm pretty sure, that I, as well as many others too, do own all the titles that any of the cars used could have been taken from.
I'm not even sure if I'd still be playing Assetto Corsa today, if it were not for his GPL, F11975, GT and Touring Car packs.
For me, it does not get any better then taking the 312T, the 49, the 917, or the old RSR, and running it against a field of time period correct competitor cars and drivers.

In contrast, there are real scammers out there, who actually sell blatantly converted low poly cars from other games, seemingly without permission from the original authors/studios, and without any work or effort put towards making even only remotely correct physics.

I my humbled opinion, Bazza is doing this community a real service! We owe him:)

I have to side with Bazza here. The packs of vintage cars he's putting together are a revelation if you are looking to put together a field of AIs. He's putting a lot of effort in them, an he's not trying to sell or make any profit from it in any way Also I'm pretty sure, that I, as well as many others too, do own all the titles that any of the cars used could have been taken from.
I'm not even sure if I'd still be playing Assetto Corsa today, if it were not for his GPL, F11975, GT and Touring Car packs.
For me, it does not get any better then taking the 312T, the 49, the 917, or the old RSR, and running it against a field of time period correct competitor cars and drivers.

In contrast, there are real scammers out there, who actually sell blatantly converted low poly cars from other games, seemingly without permission from the original authors/studios, and without any work or effort put towards making even only remotely correct physics.

I my humbled opinion, Bazza is doing this community a real service! We owe him:)

We owe him nothing.

Stealing content is still stealing content, no matter if you sell it or not. Owning the original game does not change that at all.

Yep, that's a huge issue actually. We'll never get a proper classic car field because of crap like this.
Yes, but that's exactly it. We're speaking of whole fields of cars.

Have you considered the man hours it would take to design from scratch a whole field of cars, made to the level of detail of the original Kunos cars?
That would be several years in the making, so effectively it's just not possible to expect this to happen.
It's not manageable for one man to do in his spare time, and we know from other projects, how difficult it is to keep several people engaged for a long time in larger scale multiple car projects, with real lifes ,jobs, and girlfriends interfering, interests dwindling,...
So effectively, the packs of car's Bazza is putting together may be best we can ever get, either way.

Have you considered the man hours it would take to design from scratch a whole field of cars, made to the level of detail of the original Kunos cars?
That would be several years in the making, so effectively it's just not possible to expect this to happen.
It's not manageable for one man to do in his spare time, and we know from other projects, how difficult it is to keep several people engaged for a long time in larger scale multiple car projects, with real lifes ,jobs, and girlfriends interfering, interests dwindling,...
So effectively, the packs of car's Bazza is putting together may be best we can ever get, either way.

Getting nothing to preferable to getting this.

It just ends up being quantity over quality, is the argument. Yes, you have a full field, but because of it, there are 0 good cars in that field. The people who make quality content don’t want to bother if there’s something there already, especially since most users (no matter how much they say to the contrary) won’t care.

3/4 of the fun in content creation is seeing your work grow to the point of satisfaction. If there are rips of content made by game companies (i.e. hopefully what yours will look like finished), that goes away entirely.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back