Cars Touring car legends mod?

Ben Lee

500RPM
Jan 17, 2011
Hello,

I saw this video on youtube but see no thread about it here.

What is the story with these, are they scratch made or rips etc? I have no idea, hence the question.

erba72

100RPM
Jun 30, 2017
There you go ;)

The author is the othor of GT Legends mod or F1 1967 mod, known as bazza.

Ben Lee

500RPM
Jan 17, 2011
Ahh ok. Feel free to delete then, I have no idea if this is allowed on the forum. Apologies.

Davide Nativo

Columnist for RaceDepartment
Staff
Premium
Apr 4, 2014
I was under the impression that this time these were actually scratch made from some 'Dr.Doomslab'.

Anyway, Bazza works (and actually releases, most importantly) on a lot of vintage and classic content, which is awesome since he is basically almost the only one. Problem though is not only the models, which are rips from other sims most of the time, but also the physics. I tried his Ferrari 312PB because it is one if not the model I love the most, but just looking at the setup options it was unbelievably wrong. Won't even look at the actual data files..

garyjpaterson

3000RPM
Apr 12, 2016
I was under the impression that this time these were actually scratch made from some 'Dr.Doomslab'.
Well, two of them are Kunos rips, and that mini which is credited to 'Geroda' is the exact same one that Pessio was using before he made the decision to scrap it and remake it from scratch.

So yeah, crediting people that didn't even make the models... I highly doubt the other names in the list are any different.

Davide Nativo

Columnist for RaceDepartment
Staff
Premium
Apr 4, 2014
Well, two of them are Kunos rips, and that mini which is credited to 'Geroda' is the exact same one that Pessio was using before he made the decision to scrap it and remake it from scratch.
Yeah that looked awfully similar to Pessio's one, I had that impression, which you are now confirming to me.

Such a shame man, he 'makes' awesome packs, but what's the point if anything in there is fake or wrong? Let's hope he'll see the light one day, like Pessio did.

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Premium
Aug 2, 2015
Such a shame man, he 'makes' awesome packs, but what's the point if anything in there is fake or wrong? Let's hope he'll see the light one day, like Pessio did.
My thoughts exactly.

On one hand there are a few cars in each pack that I'd really really like to have in AC (that AMG 300 SEL :inlove:), on the other hand - ripped models aside - from my experience with his previous work I'm not too sure how "realistic" his data is. Are the cars physics actually modelled from real car data or are they made to resemble how the cars handled in previous sims like the GP Legends pack?

Like I said in the Spec Racer Ford thread, of what use is a car in a sim if it doesn't handle like the real thing?

Emery

2000RPM
Jun 6, 2009
Like I said in the Spec Racer Ford thread, of what use is a car in a sim if it doesn't handle like the real thing?
Yes. For instance, I'll be curious to know if the Imp has proper swing axles on the front.

Andy-R

1000RPM
Jul 23, 2016
60's GT and touring cars are the most enjoyable to drive in sims for me but I've never downloaded anything from that guy. I heard enough from other people not to bother.

Reactions: Diogo Ramalho

Billy Pilgrim

1000RPM
Premium
Mar 25, 2014
I wouldn’t expect much, physics wise, from this pack. But it could be good as a grid filler. I have the AC Legends pack, they’re not interesting to drive but they’re a good grid to go up against the Kunos Porsche Carrera 3.0 911

Emery

2000RPM
Jun 6, 2009
Interesting how credit is given for the conversions in the accompanying PDF, but not the original source of the models.

dubs

1RPM
Jul 11, 2017
Lol there goes science then. I'm sure I could get my hands on a cheap chemistry set or telescope but I'm not sure I can advance myself into the 21st century in my living room by making my own mind up :roflmao:
why would you bother getting a chemistry set or a telescope when all you'd do is believe what anyone else has told you what they were like..