AC Tin-Top Thursday – Cupra Challenge at the Nurburgring on April 25th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Screenshot_tmm_cupra_tcr_2022_ks_nurburgring_10-3-124-7-37-25.jpg

(Image by @Shed 17)

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

On Thursday the 28th April, it’s time for some TCR racing as we visit the Nurburgring located in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.

With qualifying and TWO races all completed in approximately 60 minutes all in, you still have time to have a race with like minded people and do other things with your day too! There will be a practice server running the week leading up to the race day.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities amongst a friendly community, without the intensity of longer races.

The car is the Cupra Leon Competicion 2022 by TM modding. (link in details below).

__custom_showroom_1712732388.jpg

The track is the Kunos Nurburgring Sprint GT layout.

1713124470872.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Click here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Overtake Server 5
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST, | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CEST, 20:00 BST, | 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:10 CEST, 20.10 BST, | 20 minutes - Race 1
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST, | 20 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1-top 7 reversed.
  • All timings are approximate.
  • Looping Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details and links:
  • Car: Cupra Leon Competicion 2022 2.1
  • Track: Kunos Nurburgring Sprint (GT)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: No.
Useful Links:
Entry list:

That's a real shame....Carsten in a FWD car was going to be the scoop of the century!

Never mind, we will do it again if we can get some interest.

i´m pretty miffed about this, because i was actually looking forward to this, we´ve even checked if the venue for the the debeer, äh, debrief was still functional:

Kleeblatt Adenau.jpg

( It is, still Schnitzelling strong :cool: )

BTW, it´s good that i´m buckeling up in my rig ( nerdy, I know:p) but I was lining up for a test race earlier when Jim said:

"Be carefull to avoid the T1Cluster****"

I almost rofled out of my seat :roflmao:

This car is an organiser dream, it is a one make car solely built for fair competition. in that is is focus purely on driver skill.
I know that because I went in for that champion ship thingy last year ( I think ), and did spectacularly badly, no change there.
it is modelled on those five or six different makes that were all front wheel drive and so alike you could not squeeze a gnat's leg between them.
The setup does nothing and when it promise some dynamics it is too limited in range. :)
i hope it is well supported.

I like your de-brief style Carsten!:thumbsup:
And still,
Everytime we do the Ring nobody takes me up on my offer :p
This car is an organiser dream, it is a one make car solely built for fair competition. in that is is focus purely on driver skill.
I know that because I went in for that champion ship thingy last year ( I think ), and did spectacularly badly, no change there.
it is modelled on those five or six different makes that were all front wheel drive and so alike you could not squeeze a gnat's leg between them.
The setup does nothing and when it promise some dynamics it is too limited in range. :)
i hope it is well supported.
Ernie, valued friend, I feel your overly harsch and unfair to the little FireCracker.:O_o:

Yes, of course, it doesn't have ABS and TC, but....

oh wait, now I see, please forgot I piped up. :redface:

(But the setup does do something. I bought an E Sport Setup, neutered it a good bit and now I have something that even I can drive. It's almost a Tesla like 'onepedaldriving', you control "Snapoversteertopowerundersteer" only with yout throttle application.)

Last edited:
Thanks for organising @Shed 17 Paul, love tin tops :thumbsup:

Not a 'negative' (honest!), only done a few laps but the earlier TCR cars seemed much more responsive, and to setup changes as well. Just a thought if you fancied more choice/manufacturers in there in the future;):p

Last edited:
Thanks for organising @Shed 17 Paul, love tin tops :thumbsup:

Not a 'negative' (honest!), only done a few laps but the earlier TCR cars seemed much more responsive, and to setup changes as well. Just a thought if you fancied more choice/manufacturers in there in the future;):p
I would love to run more TCR races John and there are some decent mods out there, but we are very restricted on what we can use on this platform.
As Ernie said above, the TCR championship that RD ran a couple of years back had some nice mods but these have been taken down ( I still have them). There are others, BTCC, WTCR mods including a couple of nice RWD mods.I have been testing the 2018 Cupra that is available here on OT as my pal is running one in the real TCR and I am helping him build a rig to make it as close to his real car as possible. I haven’t done much testing in the 2022 gen 2 Cupra as yet but the 2018 model did react to set up changes just like the real thing apparently.
If you have any others we can use I am happy to add them providing they meet the RD/OT policies.

It will be great if you can make it Carsten, register anyway as your presence may encourage other Mazda drivers over to the 'dark art' of FWD.
Done.

Though I never will endorse a WrongWheeldrive car, this is actually not the worst thing one could drive to have a "doorbanging good time"

It actually makes for a close racing, especially with the short venues Paul is choosing.

So lift your a..es into the bucket seats and let your turbos spool. :cool:

As always with "The Ring" debeer at "Christas Kleeblatt" afterwards.
You might even meet some of the Marshalls and Corner Workers who slammed the Blue Flags onto your windscreen :p

I think i am away for this race unfortunately. On my hard drive i have a pack from the late Shaun Clark which I have not used for some time. 5 cars i believe. I'm sure they came from here. Can they not be used to add to the grid?

I think i am away for this race unfortunately. On my hard drive i have a pack from the late Shaun Clark which I have not used for some time. 5 cars i believe. I'm sure they came from here. Can they not be used to add to the grid?
As mentioned last night Steve, I did consider adding all the Cupra /Leon mods available to add a bit more of interest as there are some nice variants out there.

But for this race, lets see how people get on with this one to start with then hopefully we can add some other mods and there are one or two other 'TCR type' of cars that might add a bit more interest.

I wonder what the interest would be to run a 'Brit car' type of event with a mix of cars? You would need enough entries to make it viable as there would inevitably be multiple classes like there is in Britcar.
Cupras, BMW M235, Renault Clio, Audi TT, Radical maybe and anything else suitable we could find on OT.....what do people think?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.