PC1 Three new DLC packs coming to Project Cars

2627139-projectcars_14758653283_3aa9735c74_o_1407494029.jpg
Slightly Mad Studios has announced that Project Cars will be receiving three expansion before Christmas, including a "huge" track pack.

As part of the so-called "On Demand" program, the popular racing game is going to be expanded with two track packs and a "special fan-requested" car pack. The first expansion is coming "soon" according to the official website, and that will be followed by the car pack. The third DLC will be a "huge track expansion" and is expected in November.

This is just a tease, for all intents and purposes, since no more details about those expansions are known yet. We don't yet know the names of the packs, what's in them or whether they will be free content drops or paid DLC packs.

Stay tuned for further news on those expansions! In the meanwhile, do you still play Project Cars and do you think more content is a good thing?

Last edited:
If you do, you would now that Pcars did an "on demand" system that allows everybody racing together, even when now owning the game. Here are the info of "on demand"
This system is nothing but what every other game on this world offers...
The only thing it says is "We don't have pre-order content that will not be available after release".

You still can't race in multiplayer on tracks you don't own.
(In Payday and Payday 2 you can play on maps you don't own in MP, but you can't play them offline and you can't host servers with them - best system ever if you ask me to avoid any community splitting)

They still have some past PR issues to address first, IMO

Physics and content are the least of their concerns.

And there it is.

Nothing to do with the game, or it's physics.

Just people still dragging on years-old petty forum beefs.
What was it Bram said about Sim racers being mature?

Probably my favourite trait of Bell is his refusal to bow down and scrape to the simerati.

And there it is.

Probably my favourite trait of Bell is his refusal to bow down and scrape to the simerati.
Sorry but I did not understand your message at all...

@poet, Attempting to guilt-trip someone over the use of free game copies, which got disproved rather quickly, doesn't exactly set a good first impression. Not to mention a lack of professionalism on the games own forums.

I may be new to RD, but I'm hardly part of any simerati. I simply believe only those who respect their customers and competitors should be rewarded, not otherwise.

They have many names (some even self chosen).

"Sim-purists" seems to be their favourite self monicker.

Or you could try

Sim-Elite
Sim-Snobs
Sim-Righteous (ok I just made that one up, but it fits the theme).
Sim-Obsessives.

You get the idea. :)

That sounds odd ... culd you tell us what tracks these are. Maybe you have some hardware limitations (to less video RAM oder system RAM for example and too high game settings) that let these crash. And did you let Steam make a check of the game files? Maybe there are some broken files (sometimes not very well programmed security, optimizing or antivirus tools do harm to certain files in a game installation) Anything else would not make much sense to me why only some tracks lead to a CTD.
LTC Mike, I know the issues are at my end, and I've tried all the various solutions posted at the PC forums. It's annoying that said tracks did run until the games release and update 1. Still it doesn't stop me enjoying what I do play of it and it is only a few (Azure and California being the main culprits, the tracks that work allow me to race with 24 cars and when I finally update my pc who knows. I have no regrets about my investment.

And there it is.
I think you are Bell.:rolleyes:

They have many names (some even self chosen).

"Sim-purists" seems to be their favourite self monicker.

Or you could try

Sim-Elite
Sim-Snobs
Sim-Righteous (ok I just made that one up, but it fits the theme).
Sim-Obsessives.

You get the idea. :)
We get the idea.
On the other hand there are those on the opposite side of the fence:

Arcade gamer
Console gamer
Kiddy gamer (Ok I made that one up, but it fits half of them)
Race rammers
Race spoilers
And those gamers that just want bang off the walls and barriers and to hell with realism as long as it looks good and has clubbing music.

I think you get the idea.;)

Last edited:
either way i think it should continue, i dont care if its a sim or a casual game. couldnt care less either way, it doesnt support mods very well(yes its possible but others do it better) meaning its not going to last as long as Assetto corsa and rfactor 2. i bounce off the two other games so much that i really dont have time for another game. Regardless a lot of people do enjoy the game and as they treat it as a simulation game it might bring people into this community, they might see another game which you guys hold preference over Pcars leading to expansion, anyways from what ive seen their dlc is at a fair price and has some very nice cars within it, a lot of people will enjoy it so i think they should continue. if they ever shift their attention to modding then ill will become interested. in the mean time i will be driving my reliant robin.

One correction here:
... but to remind to all it's not a big company, they are more or less 10 tech guys that do theirs best to get the game enjoyable on each devices
From several official statements on the official pCars forums, they currently have 40 people working on pCars (that's pCars, not pCars 2 ;) )

And regarding this:
I wish the DLC would come with the promised parts of the game that have not been realised yet. Like full control of the car in the pitstops and full animated pitcrew. And why oh why was there never a way of making your own championships up? Instead of going down the sillt career mode crud.
ps, I voted for keep it coming.
Again, according to the official pCars forums, they ARE working on the animated pit crews still, but having difficulties getting them to work properly with all the cars.
They are evaluating the possibility of custom championships for an upcoming patch -- there's a pretty big thread about it over there.
Manual control in pitstops .. Yeah, that one's annoying. IIRC they are, again, evaluating the feasablility of it for an upcoming patch.

Another thing that's a bit annoying is that the career mode weather is scripted .. But, again, they say they are evaluating changing that .. However, it's more involved than we users apparently think, becuase each track will need limits on the available weather (for instance, thunderstorm at Dubai would be rather odd)
PATIENCE!! ... They've been pretty forthcoming with patches and new content really (free and paid). Also, they're pretty open on their forums about what they're doing, what's possible, and what's NOT possible for pCars.
:D

DLCs are great. But pCars should not pretend to be Forza. With no paintshop and upgrades, they need to stick to releasing Just Race Cars and Tracks. I don't want to see another freaking Street/Road Car, it is an absolute waste of HDD space. If I want to drive street cars on schitty all-weather tires I'll buy FM6. FM6 has more tracks and more cars, but pCars has the physics. They can set themselves apart by releasing Racecars people want. They need to listen to their customers with more polls designed to give people what they want, instead of what they think we need.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back