PC1 Three new DLC packs coming to Project Cars

2627139-projectcars_14758653283_3aa9735c74_o_1407494029.jpg
Slightly Mad Studios has announced that Project Cars will be receiving three expansion before Christmas, including a "huge" track pack.

As part of the so-called "On Demand" program, the popular racing game is going to be expanded with two track packs and a "special fan-requested" car pack. The first expansion is coming "soon" according to the official website, and that will be followed by the car pack. The third DLC will be a "huge track expansion" and is expected in November.

This is just a tease, for all intents and purposes, since no more details about those expansions are known yet. We don't yet know the names of the packs, what's in them or whether they will be free content drops or paid DLC packs.

Stay tuned for further news on those expansions! In the meanwhile, do you still play Project Cars and do you think more content is a good thing?

Last edited:
I would like some more local tracks eg: Calder Park, Sandown, Phillip Island but that's just me. And of course animated pit stops like in F1 games.

I am completely overwhelmed at how good this game is compared to other offerings I have tried, won't mention any names but the other ones don't invoke the same sense of realism that this one does.

And to those who don't like it don't play it.

They stated that they are working on all aspects of the game since they utilize different departments for getting things done so just because we continue to receive more content it doesn't affect what the other department's responsibilities are to the game!

It would be nice to have multicar grids that are the same as real racing series. You know, like different GT classes and Prototypes classes. And it would be nice to put together grids with historic racing cars and prototypes. And historic street cars. And maybe cars we might experience on a track day. I guess you don't have Assetto Corsa or rFactor2? Both of which, with tiny development staffs. Had no trouble giving us that feature.

• Deleted member 113561

It would be nice to have multicar grids that are the same as real racing series. You know, like different GT classes and Prototypes classes. And it would be nice to put together grids with historic racing cars and prototypes. And historic street cars. And maybe cars we might experience on a track day. I guess you don't have Assetto Corsa or rFactor2? Both of which, with tiny development staffs. Had no trouble giving us that feature.
Afaik its a performance problem. Try it yourself with "Multiclass" in Quickraceweekend ... the performance is dropping dramatically. Especially at Night and in Rain

Afaik its a performance problem. Try it yourself with "Multiclass" in Quickraceweekend ... the performance is dropping dramatically. Especially at Night and in Rain
Hmm, not here. I do not have dramatical fps drop in this case. Might depend on the system the player is running. I am not a game designer, but I think it is hard to develop a game that runs smoothly on all kinds of PC systems and consoles.
I am running they game with 8x AA and 16x Anistotroping Filtering out of my Nvidia Drivers, have FXAA and SMAA switched off; all other settings on ultra and the game runs fine all the time. But of course I hope they can fix that issue for you and all other players.

Last edited:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/372900/

Now they are selling liveries instead of concentrating on bugfixes..

Just FYI, it is possible to have a graphics team working on liveries while another team works on bug/code fixes.

I'm fine with paying for new cars and tracks but 6 liveries for $3.50? The packs with cars and tracks are worth what they sell them for, but the liveries are too expensive. When I can get new cars and tracks for $5.50 that's not a bad deal.

I don't like paying for liveries either.

• Deleted member 113561

Hmm, not here. I do not have dramatical fps drop in this case. Might depend on the system the player is running. I am not a game designer, but I think it is hard to develop a game that runs smoothly on all kinds of PC systems and consoles.
I am running they game with 8x AA and 16x Anistotroping Filtering out of my Nvidia Drivers, have FXAA and SMAA switched off; all other settings on ultra and the game runs fine all the time. But of course I hope they can fix that issue for you and all other players.
Mhhh with my sys specs (short: i7 4770K 4.3GHz & GTX 780 GLH) i have problems keeping up especially at nights ... i have the FPS Counter on all the time to check ... its really essencial to have at least 50FPS in PCARS otherwise you experience grip and performance loss (the same is in every shooter)
Try running this scenario: LeMans, Thunderstorm, 00:00, 55 AIs , Start in the Middle, Take a LMP1 and set class to Multiclass (and not identical) - then tell me your Fps ...
Most dry scenarios (mostly up to 24 cars) i can run on Ultra on 60FPS aswell, more cars and sometimes they drop down to 37 - 45 with recording ...and without its 45 - 50

Another reasons are consoles, especially XBOX One ...

You can still try (at least) to suggest it in the forums or support such a suggestion, and sometimes drop a post in a Patch 4.0 Thread on it, so the devs see, people are interested.

...I don't like paying for liveries either.
You dont have to buy at all, you wont miss out anything, those are just liveries.
I did buy it, coz i want to support the game - but youre completely free to choose if you want to or not. :D

Mhhh with my sys specs (short: i7 4770K 4.3GHz & GTX 780 GLH) i have problems keeping up especially at nights ... i have the FPS Counter on all the time to check ... its really essencial to have at least 50FPS in PCARS otherwise you experience grip and performance loss (the same is in every shooter)
Try running this scenario: LeMans, Thunderstorm, 00:00, 55 AIs , Start in the Middle, Take a LMP1 and set class to Multiclass (and not identical) - then tell me your Fps ...
Most dry scenarios (mostly up to 24 cars) i can run on Ultra on 60FPS aswell, more cars and sometimes they drop down to 37 - 45 with recording ...and without its 45 - 50

Another reasons are consoles, especially XBOX One ...

You can still try (at least) to suggest it in the forums or support such a suggestion, and sometimes drop a post in a Patch 4.0 Thread on it, so the devs see, people are interested.

so, i tried that now. recorded my fps with g-force experience as i do not have fraps installed. fps go down at start but lowest is about 60 (highest almost 100). game still runs fine.
i7 4790k 4 ghz (not overclocked)
32gb ram
gtx 970
win7 64bit
1920X1080 resolution as my screen is not that large (only 24")

DLCs are great. But pCars should not pretend to be Forza. With no paintshop and upgrades, they need to stick to releasing Just Race Cars and Tracks. I don't want to see another freaking Street/Road Car, it is an absolute waste of HDD space. If I want to drive street cars on schitty all-weather tires I'll buy FM6. FM6 has more tracks and more cars, but pCars has the physics. They can set themselves apart by releasing Racecars people want. They need to listen to their customers with more polls designed to give people what they want, instead of what they think we need.

FWIW, it was stated in the WMD design document that pCARS would span the FM/GT and the iRacing/nKP target audience (nKP was effectively replaced with AC).

I can appreciate that some people would rather have race cars. Personally, I prefer the road cars and the less powerful race cars with little or no downforce.

To me, having the road-derived GT race cars and their road version feels like a very good thing. In truth, I'm more into the track-day aspects and the lower rungs on the racing ladder and don't much care for e.g. FB/FA and the prototypes. There's no accounting for taste I suppose. :)

P.S. I'm a PC player and would never dream of getting an XBox just to play FM6, especially not when the PS4 has more powerful hardware for the same money. But then again, I don't want a PS4 either. For me the PC is my natural habitat because it allows me to mod the games I play.

I would love to see some more cars:

Nissan GTR's
Lotus Evora's
Mini Cooper's

For starters, hope they are working on them, that's the thing that AC has is that you can even get "home made" cars, I love PC but the cars are a little limited IMHO.

• Deleted member 113561

I would love to see some more cars:

Nissan GTR's
Lotus Evora's
Mini Cooper's

For starters, hope they are working on them, that's the thing that AC has is that you can even get "home made" cars, I love PC but the cars are a little limited IMHO.
Licenses are expensive :(

Pcars = Need for Speed.
I tried a Need for Speed title(Rivals I think) and it seemed like it was more focused on being a pad driven racing game as I could not get a wheel to work well and once I did the driving was terrible so no pCARS does not = Need for Speed it is a way better game then any need for speed title I have ever played. Actually The Crew is better then Need for Speed as well but the driving not up to pCARS standards. So no I do not agree one bit with your comparison unless they may have taken a page from Shift as for the design of the game with regards to career and community and things like that however the driving is quite different and pCARS is far superior to the shift titles.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%