PC1 Three new DLC packs coming to Project Cars

2627139-projectcars_14758653283_3aa9735c74_o_1407494029.jpg
Slightly Mad Studios has announced that Project Cars will be receiving three expansion before Christmas, including a "huge" track pack.

As part of the so-called "On Demand" program, the popular racing game is going to be expanded with two track packs and a "special fan-requested" car pack. The first expansion is coming "soon" according to the official website, and that will be followed by the car pack. The third DLC will be a "huge track expansion" and is expected in November.

This is just a tease, for all intents and purposes, since no more details about those expansions are known yet. We don't yet know the names of the packs, what's in them or whether they will be free content drops or paid DLC packs.

Stay tuned for further news on those expansions! In the meanwhile, do you still play Project Cars and do you think more content is a good thing?

Last edited:
Funny thing...
Street cars in AC: Amazing, wonderful, the best sim ever, blah, blah, blah.
Street cars in PCars: It's not a a sim, crappy stuff, blah, blah, blah.
(as a matter of fact, I hate street cars)

Sorry, but PCars has more core features than any other sim. It's a fact.
It's the only one that presented all the stuff we had in GTR2 (!!!!).

I wish the DLC would come with the promised parts of the game that have not been realised yet. Like full control of the car in the pitstops and full animated pitcrew. And why oh why was there never a way of making your own championships up? Instead of going down the sillt career mode crud.
ps, I voted for keep it coming.

I don't think full control of the car in the pit stops was ever promised or advertised,
I'v been fighting like mad for that to be implemented ;)

My handle in pCARS : "Full control of car at start, pit stops, flags and after the end of a race FTW.

Keep it real
smile.png
"

I don't think full control of the car in the pit stops was ever promised or advertised,
I'v been fighting like mad for that to be implemented ;)

My handle in pCARS : Full control of car at start, pit stops, flags and after the end of a race FTW.

Keep it real
smile.png

I agree, I would love the full control at all times to be implemented. Donuts on the slowing down lap and pulling into parc ferme, would be a priceless feeling

Why oh why didn't you INVESTORS request/demand that they were in the finished game? Or did you and you were just ignored? I suppose if more PC race simmers had joined up and invested the game would have come out as we all wanted it to. Too late now.

Last edited:
Or maybe they wanted to make a game with wide appeal (heaven forbid! what sin! such evil! wow!).
Which means casuals too. They wanted to "include" them (look it up).
The compromise solution to dozens of noobs going full on wreck-bezerk in the pits is what we have presented.
It's no big deal, unless of course you have a drum you wish to continue banging, then any issue becomes great! ba-dum tish.

Or maybe they wanted to make a game with wide appeal (heaven forbid! what sin! such evil! wow!).
Which means casuals too. They wanted to "include" them (look it up).
The compromise solution to dozens of noobs going full on wreck-bezerk in the pits is what we have presented.
It's no big deal, unless of course you have a drum you wish to continue banging, then any issue becomes great! ba-dum tish.

Jeez give it a rest Mr SMS, your replies are boring and predictable. You promised the best racing sim of all time. What happened?

Why oh why didn't you race simmmers request/demand that they were in the finished game? Od did you and you were just ignored?
From what I've read at the official forums, it was one of the things (like custom championships and time-based races) that people kinda assumed would be in the game, so it wasn't really brought up.
(well, custom championships WAS brought up. and right now they say they're looking into the possibility of putting it in a future patch. They're just not yet sure if it's feasible ;) )

View attachment 105524Slightly Mad Studios has announced that Project Cars will be receiving three expansion before Christmas, including a "huge" track pack.

As part of the so-called "On Demand" program, the popular racing game is going to be expanded with two track packs and a "special fan-requested" car pack. The first expansion is coming "soon" according to the official website, and that will be followed by the car pack. The third DLC will be a "huge track expansion" and is expected in November.

This is just a tease, for all intents and purposes, since no more details about those expansions are known yet. We don't yet know the names of the packs, what's in them or whether they will be free content drops or paid DLC packs.

Stay tuned for further news on those expansions! In the meanwhile, do you still play Project Cars and do you think more content is a good thing?
Just removed it the other day. Nothing in latest patch makes me want to reinstall. Most disappointing game ever. Accept for getting my money back. Why Ian Bell wouldn't cave in and give us the freedom to create our own racing grids, in Quick Race, is beyond me. Very simple programing. But game remains with same filter system as Shift series. Anyway rFactor 2 and AC fill that need. So who needs pCars on PC? And when AC comes to consoles. Who will need it on consoles?

Just removed it the other day. Nothing in latest patch makes me want to reinstall. Most disappointing game ever. Accept for getting my money back. Why Ian Bell wouldn't cave in and give us the freedom to create our own racing grids, in Quick Race, is beyond me. Very simple programing. But game remains with same filter system as Shift series. Anyway rFactor 2 and AC fill that need. So who needs pCars on PC? And when AC comes to consoles. Who will need it on consoles?

I'm not sure how I feel about PCars... Part of me absolutely loves this game, and yet I'm not absolutely convinced about it's realism.

I think I'm going to wait for the new Merc and see which tracks come out in the upcoming track pack before I decide whether I remove it or not...

unless of course you have a drum you wish to continue banging, then any issue becomes great! ba-dum tish.

Seriously, have you ever heard anyone EVER talk about a cooldown lap as a 'feature'? I am floored. Also, I am supposed to be upset that my name isn't in the game? I guess I'm not that self-centered that it doesn't bother me? Clearly the issue is with me.

Why Ian Bell wouldn't cave in and give us the freedom to create our own racing grids, in Quick Race, is beyond me.
So wait... this guy here wants to create his own grids? That's not realistic at all. At least the game puts cars in somewhat reasonable categories. And this guy wants to throw realism to the wind!? I'm confused, I thought this game was not realistic enough. Now it is too realistic. My head is spinning. Maybe I don't like the game. I don't know what to think anymore. Can someone please tell me what to think? Coming up with an opinion is really hard and hurts my brain.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back