Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by leon_90, Jun 12, 2019.
I guess, because its a discussion thread.
Seb's calm pills
If the driver in front is blocking the overtaking car then I agree that a penalty should be give without a doubt. If a car is out of control, it is the drivers responsibility to get the car back under control which was being done.
In a normal case, the driver doing the overtaking, it is their responsibility to make sure the move is done in a safe manner but on a tight circuit like Canada when the driver behind saw the car go off the track, did he not realize that there is a "60/40% - Toto" chance of coming back onto the track and 60% chance of going across the track?
By not allowing the car in front to rejoin safely by putting his car where he put it , as an overtaking car, did he not create the dangerous situation? (Renault fan by the way - this post is no hate towards Merc)
It is amazing that people say that Vettel was just correcting with the same confidence they said in 2017 that Vettel didn't hit Hamilton on purpose at Baku.
I couldn't agree more what was first said in the article, but then again its what i said pretty much in my previous thread. Just let them race. Its what used to be: sportsmanship, respect and risk and reward.
I'm not sating let everyone by, but across the board in racing this blocking thing has to stop, its stupid and all it causes is accidents. Respect is earned, but right now I don't see much of it at all.
Risk and reward speaks for itself. If you constantly block or try hair-brain passes it'll catch up to you eventually.
Passes can be made, but these days its such a fine line, especially at places like Monaco where qualifying is key.
Don't you mean opinion thread, besides, nothing debated here holds any weight does it?
I know mate, I was just trying a bit of jocularity, itd all got a bit too intense round here
« Every time there is as much as a bit of contact, or a driver closes the line, they cry aloud on team radio asking FIA to take action. What about going heads down and race instead? »
Thanks for writing that. Every time I hear a driver whining to his team over the radio, I just scream; « Shut the f**k up and drive! » Can you imagine Jim Clark asking Colin Chapman to report a driver to the FIA?
If it had been Lewis, he would've heard the five second penalty and put his foot down. If Seb spent less time fuming he mightve been able to do the same.
I am not into F1 at all but i really liked your post.
Especially this quote can be applied to a lot of different aspects in live. Like movies, videogames etc. are often better when they are made with passion and personality instead of trying to please a big audiences while avoiding as much risks as possible.
Vettle made a mistake...What else is new eh? He shouldn't be in that position anyway, he's World Champion material. Hamilton is rarely making mistakes if any!. Vettle on the other hand has not been the same since joining the Prancing Horse making costly mistakes over and over . He's trying too hard to impress Ferrari and Hamilton is getting into his head and the young star Leclerc is becoming a threat. It is obvious to see.
Lets move on for Christ sake! Let's get over it, That's Formula 1 in a nutshell. I've been watching F1 races since the 1980 and there were controversy back then all the time. Formula 1 GP is a Circus where rules are changed constantly or every other day. It is what it is. If you are tired of it then it's time to see another form of racing......watch Nascar!
Formula 1, a frustration event that even their fans can't handle it or comprehend....lol
I started following 'Formula 1' when I was a small boy, roughly in the mid 1950s.
It remained my staple form of Motor Sport up to the early 1990s when it started to become the done thing to drive one's opposition off the road, followed by ludicrous 'safety' regulations and equally ridiculous 'technical' regulations.
By the end of the decade it was really going downhill, being all about money and politics.
These days I could care less, keeping a brief check on how much further down the crapper the sad comedy that masquerades as the 'pinnacle of motorsport' has fallen.
Canada is typical of the rubbish that is current, racing(I use the term loosely!) decided by a committee made up mostly of nobodies.
Thankfully I have MotoGP as the real pinnacle of Motorsport!
My only thoughts and consideration: F1 is a mess since the hybrid era. It wasn't really exciting when RB dominated 2010-2013 but it was better to watch after all. I wouldn't have thought that I say that someday, however that's how bad F1 is right now (I watch since the early 90s).
Seb, this is for you with love
As Frank sings:
Don't you know little fool
You never can win
Use your mentality, wake up to reality
You are mostly right, but if they didn't give the penalty, I am pretty sure that even Lewis at the end would say it was good hard racing (we all know that Kimi would say that).
You mean if Lewis was in Ferrari that was running on fumes with Seb behind in Merc with few kg more fuel to burn?
Five times in a row world champion with the ferrari: Shumi!!!
Now Hamilton and Mercedes the same: very boring, right or not the penalty!!!
Another reason why F1 is going downhill, it all started with putting the races behind a paywall and accepting tracks in places where they don't belong.
All these decisions were based only on financial shortterm gains (for shareholders) instead of what the global fans wants to see (and hear).
Normally the whole world could enjoy the F1 races for free on television.
Companies & drivers could really get their names well known around the globe.
My guess is that those advertisment revenues could be much more valueable in the long run than the contracts they have now for a much smaller audience.
Making up for the loss of television income they would be gaining a huge fanbase and much better brand awareness for all involved.
The F1 spectacle is not for the normal people anymore, there is many races where the peolpe just can't pay those prices to see 20 cars driven by millionaire sons going around the corner for 1,5 hour without any overtaking action.
I would not even pay those amounts of for watching F1 live at my "own" Zandvoor track.
Can see 2 corners from any angle max.
Rather watch the Historic GP there, cars made and driven by real men ,
And walk about in the paddock without everything covered.
Not those generic computer shaped cars but designed people with original ideas and a lot more noise!!
The penalty to Vettel Is insane and they applied It in the worst way
IMHO F1 is dead
Stream it. Totalsportek (https://www.totalsportek.com/f1/formula-one-tv-channels/) streams all the races and sessions live, for free. You'll have to navigate a load of red crosses and popups, but eventually the stream begins. You want sound? Hit the volume slider, quickly close the popup and sound is on...you get the picture. Yes its annoying but at least its free.
Disclaimer to all: Yes I know its basically illigal and yes I know I could just pay for it, and no I dont care.