The what pisses you off the most about rF2 thread

Do you have same examples? I'm interested to hear them. I'm only aware of the tire pressure exploit and the completely missing transmission/driveline modelling.
Set up a server at Interlagos with zero degree road temp and 400 mph winds.
Test the McLaren 720 vs the Callaway Vette and that should illustrate at least 3 of them.

As the initiator of this thread, I thought I'd tell everybody what has happened with me and rf2 since I started the thread.
In August this year, due to health problems, I had to stop using the sim for a while. I had diabetes-related problems with my legs, and couldn't use the pedals properly. No fun getting old.....anyhow, in November my legs were better enough to start being able to use my sim rig again. Started Steam, started rf2, waited..and waited...and waited....nothing. Hmm. Did a file integrity check, Steam says all there. Tried a start, no luck....
Tried AMS 2, worked fine. Tried Kart Kraft, no problems. Tried everything else I have installed on Steam, no problems with anything.
Sooo, I decided on the radical solution: a complete new install. Uninstalled with the Steam uninstaller. Reboot. Wiped all the rf2 folders that I could find. Reboot.
Installed rf2 from scratch, including wading through nearly 800 addons, and unsubscribing the ones I didn't want ( which were all unchecked in the old installation, but hey, this is rf2, right? Let the installer do its thing for what seemed like hours, and then tried to start rf2.
And waited...and waited...and waited... you get the picture....
Maybe the newest beta doesn't work I thought, I'll roll back to the last "stable" version. No luck. Rolled back to the old UI. No luck. Tried the monitor without VR. No luck. Updated my video card drivers, no luck...
So, after all the years of having a love-hate relationship with rf2, I give up, I'm through with it. No doubt some people cleverer than me ( hello Durge Driven :) ), will be along in a while to explain what I've done wrong, and how to rectify it. But I'm 68 years old, and I'm getting tired of this shite. Instead I've gone over to using AMS 2 as my main sim.
Why? It works, that's why. It just works, every time. I don't have to reinstall it at regular intervals, I don't have to spend hours dealing with the stupid and archaic workshop, or falling asleep waiting for tracks to load, or have to tolerate all the other stupid " quirks and features " that pissed me off all those years, and were indeed the reason for starting this thread in the first place.
Never mind all the money I spent on addons ( I bought everything, except anything to do with e-racing. Forgive me, but I like noise) Never mind all the pointless hours I've spent in the Workshop deleting things that I'd never, ever use, not even if you threatened me with a gun. I just can't go on anymore, life is too short.
To all of you who have managed to get to the end of this rant, I'd like to wish you all a great and healthy Christmas. Stay safe, and take care

What annoys me...

S397's attitude to fixing issues.

move-along-nothing-to-see-here.jpg

rF2 is dying due to neglect.

Compare the update blogs in AMS 2 & ACC to rF2.

Reiza have released an entire game + DLC and in rF2 I still have a UI that cannot recall the settings I create in the graphics configurator, AI that is broken, flags that don't work, rain that sends the AI crazy, BoP in GT3 class that is broken..the list is endless.

At least we have new rain shaders and driver tags in the latest RC build!

S397 took their bat and ball home by ending their car blog series due to poor responses to their 'answers'. I wonder why consumers are upset...

Merry Xmas and happy New Year to all!

As the initiator of this thread, I thought I'd tell everybody what has happened with me and rf2 since I started the thread.
In August this year, due to health problems, I had to stop using the sim for a while. I had diabetes-related problems with my legs, and couldn't use the pedals properly. No fun getting old.....anyhow, in November my legs were better enough to start being able to use my sim rig again. Started Steam, started rf2, waited..and waited...and waited....nothing. Hmm. Did a file integrity check, Steam says all there. Tried a start, no luck....
Tried AMS 2, worked fine. Tried Kart Kraft, no problems. Tried everything else I have installed on Steam, no problems with anything.
Sooo, I decided on the radical solution: a complete new install. Uninstalled with the Steam uninstaller. Reboot. Wiped all the rf2 folders that I could find. Reboot.
Installed rf2 from scratch, including wading through nearly 800 addons, and unsubscribing the ones I didn't want ( which were all unchecked in the old installation, but hey, this is rf2, right? Let the installer do its thing for what seemed like hours, and then tried to start rf2.
Maybe the newest beta doesn't work I thought, I'll roll back to the last "stable" version. No luck. Rolled back to the old UI. No luck. Tried the monitor without VR. No luck. Updated my video card drivers, no luck...
So, after all the years of having a love-hate relationship with rf2, I give up, I'm through with it. No doubt some people cleverer than me ( hello Durge Driven :) ), will be along in a while to explain what I've done wrong, and how to rectify it. But I'm 68 years old, and I'm getting tired of this shite. Instead I've gone over to using AMS 2 as my main sim.
Why? It works, that's why. It just works, every time. I don't have to reinstall it at regular intervals, I don't have to spend hours dealing with the stupid and archaic workshop, or falling asleep waiting for tracks to load, or have to tolerate all the other stupid " quirks and features " that pissed me off all those years, and were indeed the reason for starting this thread in the first place.
Never mind all the money I spent on addons ( I bought everything, except anything to do with e-racing. Forgive me, but I like noise) Never mind all the pointless hours I've spent in the Workshop deleting things that I'd never, ever use, not even if you threatened me with a gun. I just can't go on anymore, life is too short.
To all of you who have managed to get to the end of this rant, I'd like to wish you all a great and healthy Christmas. Stay safe, and take care
So, to put the record straight: I have to now admit that the problems I was having were actually my own stupid fault, when unwittingly.
You see, the problem was my VPN. Steam doesn't like VPNs, in fact they are actually forbidden when using Steam. Thing is, I didn't know that, I've been using NordVPN and Steam together for as long as I can remember. When using Steam I always had NordVPN set to a German server, I never had any intension of trying to pull a fast one on Steam by getting stuff cheaper, I use the VPN for privacy reasons only.
Sometime in the last few months, something has changed: whether it is Steam, NordVPN, or indeed Windows 10 that has changed, fact is, it doesn't work any more. Now that I know that, it's no big deal to disable the VPN when using Steam.
And of course, when Steam is running without a VPN, rF2 installed beautifully, and looks and runs really nicely. And the loading times: wow, what a pleasant change! They should've done that years ago, but, credit where credit's due. Better late than never.
The only thing that is really, really, REALLY annoying is having to set ALL the mirrors up for every bloody car that I want to drive. Takes hours, and in VR it's a real pain in the butt. Why can't the mirrors be hard-coded to the seat position like in other Sims?
Otherwise, it's nice to have rF2 back, I hadn't realized how much I've missed it, despite all its faults. It seems that, at least this time, I've done rF2 an injustice, sorry guys :)

So, to put the record straight: I have to now admit that the problems I was having were actually my own stupid fault, when unwittingly.
You see, the problem was my VPN. Steam doesn't like VPNs, in fact they are actually forbidden when using Steam.
Running NordVPN no problems with Steam

Now Ubisoft's app that things hard crashes games if I'm on vpn after some odd amount of time of playing

The only thing that is really, really, REALLY annoying is having to set ALL the mirrors up for every bloody car that I want to drive. Takes hours, and in VR it's a real pain in the butt. Why can't the mirrors be hard-coded to the seat position like in other Sims?

Same here. The real problem is you have to do it for every car every time you get in the cockpit. I think this might be due to cars with wonky mirrors and when I set those it breaks proper first party cars or something? Regardless it's ridiculous to even have this problem as other games I don't have this problem at all.

Otherwise, it's nice to have rF2 back, I hadn't realized how much I've missed it, despite all its faults. It seems that, at least this time, I've done rF2 an injustice, sorry guys :)

Don't speak too soon. Your aggravations will come back :/

Glad your back in the saddle chap :thumbsup:

Same here. The real problem is you have to do it for every car every time you get in the cockpit. I think this might be due to cars with wonky mirrors and when I set those it breaks proper first party cars or something? Regardless it's ridiculous to even have this problem as other games I don't have this problem at all.

Don't speak too soon. Your aggravations will come back :/
Now that you mention it, deep down I think that too. But at least AMS2 runs reliably, turn on and play. And the mirrors work too :)

Ran poorly didn't like the ui. oh and game crashed .

I suspected that might be the case!

My RF2 install was rock solid but as soon as I tried upgrading to the new UI I started getting crashes to the desktop and it seemed like a huge step backwards in terms of interface design, so I reverted back to the old UI and my system has been rock solid ever since.

I see so many posts from people having issues either installing the game successfully with the new UI, or if they do, the game crashes and/or people report losing their cofiguration setttings so they eventually give up.

I heartily recommend giving the old UI a try! The FFB and overall driving experience is first rate and the old UI is very stable.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the old UI still being available I would have given up on RF2 as well. As a software engineer myself who has seen sundry UI upgrades, the new UI is bar none the absolute worst upgrade I've ever seen to a GUI.

I suspected that might be the case!

My RF2 install was rock solid but as soon as I tried upgrading to the new UI I started getting crashes to the desktop and it seemed like a huge step backwards in terms of interface design, so I reverted back to the old UI and my system has been rock solid ever since.

I see so many posts from people having issues either installing the game successfully with the new UI, or if they do, the game crashes and/or people report losing their cofiguration setttings so they eventually give up.

I heartily recommend giving the old UI a try! The FFB and overall driving experience is first rate and the old UI is very stable.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the old UI still being available I would have given up on RF2 as well. As a software engineer myself who has seen sundry UI upgrades, the new UI is bar none the absolute worst upgrade I've ever seen to a GUI.
Never knew you could use the old one. oops

If you right-click on RF2 under games and select 'Properties..." from the menu you can choose to use the old UI.

The old UI should really be named 'stable' and the new UI should be labelled 'beta' to be more accurate.
Complete wasted effort IMO, being negative but cannot think of one positive from the new UI over the old.

Last edited:
Complete wasted effort IMO, being negative but cannot think of one positive from the new UI over the old.
Trying to help someone get a working RF2 system is never a negative endeavor.

And your rush to judgement is in error. I noted previously that the new UI has features that will eventually help move the game forward, but as of now, if it's preventing people like the person above from even reliably installing and playing the game, an issue many have had, then reverting back to the old UI, which is stable, should not be seen as an attack on RF2 from overly sensitive fans.

A completely wasted effort would be someone coming on here only to criticize and not offering him any help.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.