The what pisses you off the most about rF2 thread

Trying to help someone get a working RF2 system is never a negative endeavor.

And your rush to judgement is in error. I noted previously that the new UI has features that will eventually help move the game forward, but as of now, if it's preventing people like the person above from even reliably installing and playing the game, an issue many have had, then reverting back to the old UI, which is stable, should not be seen as an attack on RF2 from overly sensitive fans.

A completely wasted effort would be someone coming on here only to criticize and not offering him any help.
I don't think I was clear. The new UI is wasted effort, not your help showing how to roll back to the old UI that was never broken :)

Last edited:
From S397 discord...

"FYI January should see a nice UI improvement"
There is hope for improvments to the user experience.

Still once on track this sim still drivers better than any other sim.... exception is ACC GT3s which is currently the best overall GT3 package.

For me the only time the new UI crashes is if you click on the screen when it;s busy. If you wait for all processes to finished before you click then I have zero crashes.

From S397 discord...

"FYI January should see a nice UI improvement"
There is hope for improvments to the user experience.

Still once on track this sim still drivers better than any other sim.... exception is ACC GT3s which is currently the best overall GT3 package.

For me the only time the new UI crashes is if you click on the screen when it;s busy. If you wait for all processes to finished before you click then I have zero crashes.

You open the sessions menu and click finish session then wait till you can hover on the cross in top right till it turns black ...........NOW ESC !

lmao oh dear this thread gets funnier and funnier, 10 years driving best sim or 10 years whining about it

star-wars-yoda.gif

lol

Didn't mean you B ...of course you knew that

Really I think they are terrible AI, like they do nothing, there is no random moves, just follow each other like sheep
Try a race restart it many times as you like they always do same thing
rF2 they are always bobbing and weaving, locking wheels , over and under steer never ends

For me LMP-GTE-GT3 at rF2 enduro tracks is best modern thing I ever drove any sim

Dundrod has issues with F3 do I whine no I move ahead of pack before race start and block cars, let them go 3 /4 at a time then hold em up and so on till i split up the whole 30 then it's durge-time p , what a rush that place is

I don't think I was clear. The new UI is wasted effort, not your help showing how to roll back to the old UI that was never broken :)

I think everything past about build 60 was a waste, I wanted them to fast track Gmotor3.0, little did I know then how negative input would put ISI out of business and after their engine powers how many sims if you old enough you probably drove the lot !

and that is how community repays them ..........kick in the teeth :devilish:

• Deleted member 963434

what pissed me off is i bough nordschleife
game runs smooth at max details in stable 60 fps capped at 60 fps but nordschleife it runs 20-40 fps and it changed depending on weather!
once time i get in game it has 60 fps but i crash and go back to pits, weather changed (i think its shadows mostly what affect it) i see other shadows around and fps is 20 fps and wont go higher so i must go back to menu and try again to have less shadows weather. i could decrease shadows in display settings but i like max shadows and it work good in ALL tracks but no on nordschleife. like if cpu rendering shadows or someting for whole map at all time or what? worst (or good i dont know) thing my fps is not AI dependant if i run 30 AI or play alone it works the same once i got 60 fps next time i got 20 fpps it look weather depending. also AA afect it so i was forced to reduce it from 8 to 2x MSAA to have better percentage chance next time i run nord it will be 60 fps. good thing i didnt bough spa as i read its same issue at spa and nord wit fps

• Deleted member 963434

also no people play it online but its simracers to blame

game runs smooth at max details in stable 60 fps capped at 60 fps but nordschleife it runs 20-40 fps and it changed depending on weather!
once time i get in game it has 60 fps but i crash and go back to pits, weather changed (i think its shadows mostly what affect it) i see other shadows around and fps is 20 fps and wont go higher so i must go back to menu and try again to have less shadows weather. i could decrease shadows in display settings but i like max shadows and it work good in ALL tracks but no on nordschleife. like if cpu rendering shadows or someting for whole map at all time or what? worst (or good i dont know) thing my fps is not AI dependant if i run 30 AI or play alone it works the same once i got 60 fps next time i got 20 fpps it look weather depending. also AA afect it so i was forced to reduce it from 8 to 2x MSAA to have better percentage chance next time i run nord it will be 60 fps. good thing i didnt bough spa as i read its same issue at spa and nord wit fps
You don't list your equipment, but it sounds like an inadequate video card with insuffcient video ram. The Nords is the largest single track with the most demanding video ram requirements. All of the Laser tracks require a boatload of Vram but Nords is the largest AI is more of a cpu limitation.

also no people play it online but its simracers to blame

One issue is that there are multiple build versions which are all incompatible apparently with each other: I've architected software like this for vehicles in real life where newer builds support backwards compatibility with previous builds, but unfortunately RF2 seems to have been designed without support for backwards compatibility.

Last edited:
One issue is that there are multiple build versions which are all incompatible apparently with each other: I've architected software like this for vehicles in real life where newer builds support backwards compatibility with previous builds, but unfortunately RF2 seems to have been designed without support for backwards compatibility.

It's not usual to have players with different patches (which in gaming terms is what a build is) play together online? I've never done that in any of the games I've played. Though, the release candidate does work with the official build. That's a plus.

Lower the texture settings and try again. rF2 is very VRAM hungry and especially on tracks like Nordschleife or Le Mans, and it can tank your framerate.
Try finding the highest setting you can run with.

Has the problem with the glacial load times been fixed? I bought a new CPU + M2 and decided to try it again to see if I can get a stable 90fps. Some tracks are loading up nearly as quick as AC for me now.

You still can't select individual AI opponents. You have to rely on the opponent filters(which you also can't make in game). So if you wanna do a custom championship or multiclass race, good luck messing with the MAS editor(which also doesn't work correctly and takes a lot of time). How we don't have a system to individually select AI opponents in a game that's released in 2012 i don't know. Nr2003 did it in 2003. Even the "new" ui update that s397 is harping about does not have this simple yet important functionality added. How s397 didn't think about adding in this simple functionality i don't know. I guess this is the reason why rf2 and s397 are failing and flopping so hard while other sims are going strong. I suppose it serves them right for not listening to the community

YOU BOTH WRONG ! See what I mean lol ;)
I told it here a dozen times

You use MAS2 to make a 5KB MOD with exact skins you wish
It takes like 1 minute to do like wow

Here is one of my rfmods called " GT3 36 cars"

rfmod.jpg

9 marques with 4 skins each and more importantly no repeating car numbers !
You also only add track layouts you want
so enduro you only pick enduro layouts

If you do random 36 cars you will have heaps of McLaren and some not even GT3 sheesh

So PLEASE open support folder, start MAS2
pick tracks you wish
pick all cars you wish
now tick only the skins and layouts you wish
click package click install
start rf2 in list you find your new mod

Last edited:
Here is mod you can see only 4 Aston Martin skins selected and only GT track layout
You can edit the rfmods anytime you like
The idea is to make your own exactly how you like as many as you like

WARNING NEVER tick a box in the left hand columns or the mod will be huge
see top right corner tab says " 5 KB "

Best thing is you don't need steam to use mod manager or Mas2

rfmod 02.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling