I like having all content in my own mods / series
This way you only have to scroll small lists

45AI 02.jpg

As long as you set the AI right number you will always get
same grids and easy to weed out repeat car numbers with MAS2
GT3 has #01 in all cars I think

If you don't make rfmods every time workshop updates old versions are deleted
With simple rfmods you can run old and new versions of everything as long as
you wish so if 1/2 through something you can use old version etc.
rF2 is the only sim I have you can run 2 versions of anything

Like I said otherwise Steam gives you no choice in the matter

rf2 all mods.jpg

Last edited:
YOU BOTH WRONG ! See what I mean lol ;)
I told it here a dozen times

You use MAS2 to make a 5KB MOD with exact skins you wish
It takes like 1 minute to do like wow

Here is one of my rfmods called " GT3 36 cars"

View attachment 536196

9 marques with 4 skins each and more importantly no repeating car numbers !
You also only add track layouts you want
so enduro you only pick enduro layouts

If you do random 36 cars you will have heaps of McLaren and some not even GT3 sheesh

So PLEASE open support folder, start MAS2
pick tracks you wish
pick all cars you wish
now tick only the skins and layouts you wish
click package click install
start rf2 in list you find your new mod
Now update rfmod to add new tracks or skins and see it break

Here is mod you can see only 4 Aston Martin skins selected and only GT track layout
You can edit the rfmods anytime you like
The idea is to make your own exactly how you like as many as you like

WARNING NEVER tick a box in the left hand columns or the mod will be huge
see top right corner tab says " 5 KB "

Best thing is you don't need steam to use mod manager or Mas2

View attachment 536197
I would appreciate your help if possible, I created a mod and would like to know if there is a way to add custom skins.
Hoping for a possible answer. Thanks

Now update rfmod to add new tracks or skins and see it break

They don't break if you use rfmods and keep installed, it's impossible, you can update when you feel like and even make another rfmod with the updated content to test against other version :coffee:

In AC ACC AMS2 iRacing Race pCars you can only use 1 version of content at the same time ...I call that a shortcoming :p

I have used above method since build45 , I always have around 20 rfmod installed
I find it no hassle to update mods when I like how I like it is no different to changing same things in content manager

anyway using all cars and tracks is inferior and slower endless scroll bar and you get absolutely no choice how many cars each model , which skins, nothing

;)

Last edited:
Tested today AMS2 vs rF2 Virginia quick race with 27AI + 1
AMS2 = 22 seconds McLaren repeated 10 times + 3 other models
rF2 = 38 seconds but loaded 12 car models !

AMS2 gives me no choice in model numbers or skins case in point It loaded 10 McLaren
You can't use the skins you want in custom or championship mode

rF2 total choice of model, numbers and skins using rfmod

Makes 16 seconds extra sound insignificant ?

Then to top it off if you take the same rF2 mod and make a private server you can swap 12 car models, drive and record times all in same session !@! lol
You can also set exact grid order you wish !@! lol

AMS2 to drive 12 GT3 would mean 12 track loads = over 4 minutes !@! lol
oh I meant if you had 12 GT3 cars lol
No choice of grid order
Just sad

Just things above makes rF2 the "Pro" and AMS2 the "Canned"

As normal, haters will ignore the facts above
instead of asking Reiza Studios why they can't do these things ? lol

Last edited:
From S397 discord...

"FYI January should see a nice UI improvement"
There is hope for improvments to the user experience.

Still once on track this sim still drivers better than any other sim.... exception is ACC GT3s which is currently the best overall GT3 package.

For me the only time the new UI crashes is if you click on the screen when it;s busy. If you wait for all processes to finished before you click then I have zero crashes.
I find it interesting. Its gotten to the point that literally you are no offence wasting time by NOT driving rFactor 2. In early 2020 I would not have said that at all. Raceroom is actually the one I do not drive as much as I want. AMS2 I drove too much however it goes from one circus to the next unfortunately and the pandering community it has keep asking for the same bug riddled mess (they could never say what people told s397 of their UI effort; it was just misguided as it did have a redeeming feature or two), ACC I should drive more but its just gt3's though they are good, RF2 usually suffices (fot GT3's) however gt3s themselves are not one of my favourite car types.

I even have a lot of fun driving round the non chicane/extended (national version) of Donnington. The driving in RF2 is great. The cars being made by the s397 studio are top notch. I know other devs go for the big names as much as possible but in Rf2 you can clearly tell the cars/physics are a cut above. Obviously the more recent the better.

The Ligier and the BMW DTM, and the formula pro (which shows up literally every other f1 car in simming); and I drive it with the stiff bumpstops via customize button. I like how you can put entirely different aero packages on some cars - any way point is other sims with the exception of ACC feel flat.

Like I said you tell anyone in AMS2 about an issue and they melt like snow flakes. In rf2 its such a good sim and game, it holds itself to a higher standard. I personally just watched a video that claimed 1750 is a new peak. Well the game deserves 2,500 easy concurrent users. I won't say its perfect, but 2,500 peak is actually (in todays market, a caveat) more reflective of its quality, or commensurate with ACC, but it is what it is.

I refer to previous posts around christmas where some lamented the title

If everyone buys the cars, and they should to be honest due to their expected quality I cannot see them not selling well, it will provide (a guess here) obviously lets say non-specific US equivalent dollars via currency-exchange, 10 dollars per car sold, across 10,000 users or more (over time), whats that, 1-200k

A good influx and there's several cars. And maybe a track, if not monza, then 2.

So expect more development and probably a series based on Rf2.

Last edited:
What annoys me...

S397's attitude to fixing issues.

View attachment 525726

rF2 is dying due to neglect.

Compare the update blogs in AMS 2 & ACC to rF2.

Reiza have released an entire game + DLC and in rF2 I still have a UI that cannot recall the settings I create in the graphics configurator, AI that is broken, flags that don't work, rain that sends the AI crazy, BoP in GT3 class that is broken..the list is endless.

At least we have new rain shaders and driver tags in the latest RC build!

S397 took their bat and ball home by ending their car blog series due to poor responses to their 'answers'. I wonder why consumers are upset...

Merry Xmas and happy New Year to all!
I saw your contribution to the thread and decided I would help you out with your perception on the issue - don't feel too bad, you simply cannot gauge someone's agenda in these things, mate. And at some of these company's not all, and in limited and specific ways they only want one thing. And they will massage it out of you.

So ummm. They may make huge changelogs in AMS2 lol - but seriously it drives no better than the last patch usually. Also the title has major deficiencies. And by now even you must be suss about the continual "minor tire tread adjustment" where you take the same car you were driving 20 mins before the patch came out, and drive it after and its WORSE! Boggles the mind, no? Its because he is lying to you, as a customer he/they have a vested interest in making you compliant with handing over your money and the buyers regret that goes with it after you rationalise your purchase decision. Well its better you are compliant.

They will release the next content in the same bug-riddled way and you will lap it up. Meanwhile over at S397 the head guy got stroppy with lame questions and refused to continue something that gave poor results and the content you get in Rf2, look at Ligier and F1 Pro, BMW DTM - top of the sim racing world. Those answers given were not designed to deflect but he did not over promise. S397 have far more firm boundaries, and its a more ethical approach imho.

In AMS2 when they say 'minor' and 'tread' and 'adjustment', Mate - thats code for "we are just putting all that in to make it look like we did something"

Meanwhile the new tracks are released and you fall through the earth because the walls have no collision. And its not even laser scanned. Also must separate past company's work with current ones when it comes to RF2, slightly different situation. The physics in AMS2 are also broken and the engine incapable of making a detailed simulation - all the cars are dumbed down. Its mostly done on guesswork, and carry-over work from AMS1.

In Rf2 flags are a minor concern. Set it to black for the race and never look back.

If pits are a problem set pits to be on auto and let it drive you around.

Rain - just use it when you do practice, racing in these games in offline is not a big deal anyway, just do it for enjoyment. I have the weather on a progression and leave only a slight chance of rain. If it happens, it happens.

It seemed to me the blog series which I read too ended up being fruitless with agitating questions and the process even to a reader no longer seemed helpful.

So I want to make an important distinction about why I would write that as some kind of case study above - all the issues in RF2 pale in comparison to how good the driving is - and I know AMS2 is a bit of a flogging horse given how unpopular it is - but in some sim games they make you think the non-driving aspects are what matters most - its not. This is why iracing (though its no where near as popular as people make out) and ACC and Rf2, and indeed raceroom are the top of the sims (and sentimental favorite for many though its been outshone in the past 3months, AC).... thats why AMS2 is not in any serious list. And I wish them the best as its a learning process, but we can't just push down S397 at least they are now actually executing, on the title, they did not make it. But they are executing, and thats good.

Last edited:
Every word is true, and reminds me yet again of what rF2 could've become with another development team.
At the moment I spend most of my time driving in AMS2. After the years of frustration with rF2, it's a revalation: a well-designed UI, fast loading times AI that doesn't have a death wish, excellent graphics and VR performance, and driving physics and FF that get better with every update.
I still have rF2 installed, but I can imagine abandoning rF2 altogether some day soon if AMS2 continues to make the progress it has been making, and if S397 don't pull their finger out soon.
Since I started this thread in March there has been no word at all about what's going to happen now they've been bought out. It's not looking good.
If I may, no need to come online and make threats. AMS2 is a joke at this point, its not going to improve. Those guys are more swamped than florida. The people who promote it do nothing but pander and make excuses and lie about how 'amazing' it supposedly is. I was out somewhere once and we gave someone a mere 100 dollars. They went and put a very good word in for the business. Its amazing what people will do.

At this point some sims are just selling a lie to strangers on the internet; its not exactly the worst thing in the world to do, but its not ethical, and you will find their project is compromised in part not due to their own fault; but anyway I digress. I know you are not like that and you do not want anyone to get away with any thing and I commend you for it - thanks for the thread, too.

All you had to do was wait a little longer. Jumping up and down in frustration is not going to help. Usually such ultimatums are hollow as you do not really want to carry out the threat. Just treat it as a game you do laps in. If Rf2 is 100 then AMS2 is on a scale at about 4.

It doesn't matter what kind of logic and prudence and strategy you bring to the table - I know my own are very good - but it could be god-like - the guys just won't see it, they are on their own timers any way.

I may have once said though that AMS2 should indeed just focus on content, as having set a standard they can reliably go forward to all the low-standard takers (of which you are not one) and sell them lousy stuff. Fix it later, its not like phone apps are not unlike that, or any other title.

I saw it for what it was - but trust me when I say I am not seeing RF2 in that light - its a definite cut above. Its rather deliberate. And I have personally seen the high quality of the content. Do not listen to those narcissistic youtubers, you know who they are surely, they are the same people who will put dirt on Rf2, and in the next breath make a hyperbolic headline. Some have character flaws, some are clueless, but if you enjoy lapping in Rf2 then do it. Stop thinking it needs to replace real world driving and just enjoy it.

The reason I do not hold AMS2 to that standard is its incapable, and I have many hours in it, where RF2 is the best tire model in sim racing those tires feel like real tires and the s397 are selecting only the finest physically-capable they are able to do to put into cars. Its ok to drive AMS2 (when it works properly) and just enjoy it, as basic as it is, forget this SETA nonsense, its only so good, the RF2 (back in 2012) when PC's were looking to increase complexity and push boundaries, was the right method.

So it may seem hypocritical to say 'ignore the flag issue', but it is what it is, the UI was a bugbear thats different, but the driving in RF2 is top notch. Nothing comes close to it. I can see the ambition, to rival iRacing in that realm, but its also LUCKY its driving is so good, as rightly its buying a lot of time to probably one day meet in the center. If they can take the non modern sim-concept (which hopefully AC-2 holds to) and marry the old concept with the new concept then so be it, but I overlook a lot because there's no reason to allow things to stand in the way. The alternative is to do something foolish (such as myself, and this is the crunch part I DID THIS for several months lol)...and go to a lesser sim, like AMS2, just because of a bug.

Its not all its cracked up to be, since RF2 is clearly peak-sim. Its a 2012 concept, something the madness engine has no clue about. It began life as a super-hero movie game where you drove a truck iirc, not a sim. Rf2 has always had the heritage and it shows. More people play project cars 2 and that speaks volumes. I am different to my intentions because even if it doens't come good on all fronts, I will still think and know its driving is the best - since they do not make sims like RF2 any more, and raceroom was an entirely different beast, so hopefully Kunos can change that. Rf2 will still be at the head of the class though when it comes to driving, which is the point of the exercise of siming.

By nature race car driving is actually constrictive - so if its frustrating you, just go ask N Rosenberg, lol, or any of them, they have to do what the team says/said, its just how it is.

Last edited:
AMS2 and RaceRoom, both had gradually taken over my RF2 time this past year+ anyway and as bazza says MSF!
This is what my above post is actually saying.

You go away in June lol, then you come back in December and say "Holy.....oh my.... if AMS2 is worth 20 points, then RF2 drives like its worth 1 million"

What have I done!? Except for me, it was all sims. Rf2, which is actually a pre 2012 concept and old business model trying to become a event-based game, etc, is so far ahead of anything devised in the early teens of the 21st century (even AC), its not funny. I addressed the thread-creator just before, given rf2 has such high quality driving, and the direction dictates various terms for development, it is what it is. BTW ACC is not perfect either and the braking is odd with all the assists but I do love constantly adjusting TC and ABS, so do not insert that thought in there; RF2 just brings something more to the table which is not clinical and ACC is a bit flat.

The only thing that stands any chance of beating the above (RF2) is AC-2, ACC. Thats it with the semi-real but fun game not being something as flawed as AMS2 but actually raceroom, as its a sleek, modern, almost bug-free simulation, and its fun.

I have come to terms with the fact that Rf2 is what it is, and raceroom is so good, and ACC got good, and AC2 is coming- and thank god RF2 has a new UI now - that anyway, that RF2 is peak-simming in so many ways. No need to rest on laurels maybe, but its a fact.

I am just smiling actually that some are wanting to leave RF2 - and I am saying, the grass is not greener. No rf2 is not perfect, but sometimes there is no point to playing the other sims. No one goes to the sporting field and let hecklers prevent them from playing! Its like in RF2 - you don't let the other stuff prevent you from driving.

Last edited:
I saw your contribution to the thread and decided I would help you out with your perception on the issue - don't feel too bad, you simply cannot gauge someone's agenda in these things, mate. And at some of these company's not all, and in limited and specific ways they only want one thing. And they will massage it out of you.

So ummm. They may make huge changelogs in AMS2 lol - but seriously it drives no better than the last patch usually. Also the title has major deficiencies. And by now even you must be suss about the continual "minor tire tread adjustment" where you take the same car you were driving 20 mins before the patch came out, and drive it after and its WORSE! Boggles the mind, no? Its because he is lying to you, as a customer he/they have a vested interest in making you compliant with handing over your money and the buyers regret that goes with it after you rationalise your purchase decision. Well its better you are compliant.

They will release the next content in the same bug-riddled way and you will lap it up. Meanwhile over at S397 the head guy got stroppy with lame questions and refused to continue something that gave poor results and the content you get in Rf2, look at Ligier and F1 Pro, BMW DTM - top of the sim racing world. Those answers given were not designed to deflect but he did not over promise. S397 have far more firm boundaries, and its a more ethical approach imho.

In AMS2 when they say 'minor' and 'tread' and 'adjustment', Mate - thats code for "we are just putting all that in to make it look like we did something"

Meanwhile the new tracks are released and you fall through the earth because the walls have no collision. And its not even laser scanned. Also must separate past company's work with current ones when it comes to RF2, slightly different situation. The physics in AMS2 are also broken and the engine incapable of making a detailed simulation - all the cars are dumbed down. Its mostly done on guesswork, and carry-over work from AMS1.

In Rf2 flags are a minor concern. Set it to black for the race and never look back.

If pits are a problem set pits to be on auto and let it drive you around.

Rain - just use it when you do practice, racing in these games in offline is not a big deal anyway, just do it for enjoyment. I have the weather on a progression and leave only a slight chance of rain. If it happens, it happens.

It seemed to me the blog series which I read too ended up being fruitless with agitating questions and the process even to a reader no longer seemed helpful.

So I want to make an important distinction about why I would write that as some kind of case study above - all the issues in RF2 pale in comparison to how good the driving is - and I know AMS2 is a bit of a flogging horse given how unpopular it is - but in some sim games they make you think the non-driving aspects are what matters most - its not. This is why iracing (though its no where near as popular as people make out) and ACC and Rf2, and indeed raceroom are the top of the sims (and sentimental favorite for many though its been outshone in the past 3months, AC).... thats why AMS2 is not in any serious list. And I wish them the best as its a learning process, but we can't just push down S397 at least they are now actually executing, on the title, they did not make it. But they are executing, and thats good.
Hi Marcel.

Thanks for taking the time to post a non-condescending dissertation on rF2 using subjective feelings of the perceived shortcomings AMS 2..

Thank you for taking the time to make sure I understand the Madness Engine isn't as comprehensive in replicating real life motorsport as ISImotor 2.5 based on your detailed emperical evidence. It is reassuring to know we have an insider working with both S397 and Reiza giving us 'the good oil' on how cars and tracks are created in each sim.

Thank you for making me aware of the shady business practices within gaming, specifically at Reiza. I've been blind to the tricks of consumerism as 'consume and don't ask questions' is the mantra I've always followed which may explain why I bought the lifetime online pass for rF2 (such value) and all of the rF2 DLC.

I look forward to the GTE cars being fixed and the BoP for the GT3 cars to be finalised. As the rF2 UI highlighted, perfection takes time and Rome wasn't built in a day!

Further, thank you for making me aware I can, should I want to, turn off all flags except the black flags, for a smooth offline race. No more FCY bugs for me!

I hypothesise that if I remove the AI from an offline race, all known AI issues will also be a worry of the past. I might leave to test this as your post makes to clear you are an expert in all aspects of sim racing.

I'm off to delete AMS 2 off my PC along with R3E, ACC, AC and AMS.

Cheers

As normal, haters will ignore the facts above
instead of asking Reiza Studios why they can't do these things ? lol
Who says Reiza can't? Custom AI is already available in AMS2, see the link below:

There's ready made AI sets to download like this one for the 1991 F1 season to go along with the skin pack:

You mod in the skins you want, you use the skins you want in any mode. Set AI params, run a 15min qualy and the AI will sort itself out. EZ.

But as normal, haters will ignore the facts above
instead of asking themselves why they don't know these things ? lol

I have AMS2 skinpacks you have no choice of skins ?
ie: If you limit AI under the amount of skins you get random ones from pack right ?

I was talking about what any novice can do by himself with the included tools ( mod manager and Mas2 ) He can graft the exact set of skins and numbers he wishes in a couple minutes

He can then make private server and drive every car in his rfmod without leaving the track !

AC ACC AMS2 Raceroom iRacing ...whatever to drive 12 cars would mean 12 reloads and people think rF2 is slow ;)

I can't believe people don't at least acknowledge it
Like never before have you been able to swap cars in garage

If it was AMS2 could do it you would say awesome :rolleyes:

edit: Forgot to mention in server you can also load
the exact skins you want and/or swap them from others in rfmod ( skin set ) any time you like,. drive every skin in room without leaving server and again you can select any grid order you like

AMS2 skinpack don't let you do any of that

Last edited:
My F3 Rookies server using the F3 Community pack with 50+ skins

Newbie joins " I just be back in a minute I want to swap skins "

" You don't have to leave just go to garage and choose"

" Awesome ! ..... how does it do that ? Why don't other sims let you do that ? "

:roflmao:

I have AMS2 skinpacks you have no choice of skins ?
ie: If you limit AI under the amount of skins you get random ones from pack right ?
Currently you cannot choose in the UI, but in the custom AI config file you can set the skin you want for each AI driver plus a plethora of skill parameters. All that is explained in the first link in my post above. Since you have such a strong opinion I take it you have read it? If not, here you are:
<custom_ai_drivers>
<driver livery_name="Ministry Motorsport #51">
<name>John Smith</name>
<country>USA</country>
<race_skill>0.75</race_skill>
<qualifying_skill>0.823</qualifying_skill>
<aggression>0.3</aggression>
<defending>0.51</defending>
<stamina>0.998</stamina>
<consistency>0.2</consistency>
<start_reactions>0.36</start_reactions>
<wet_skill>0.25</wet_skill>
<tyre_management>0.85</tyre_management>
<blue_flag_conceding>0.53</blue_flag_conceding>
<weather_tyre_changes>0.12</weather_tyre_changes>
</driver>
</custom_ai_drivers>
Source: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/information-for-customizing-ai-drivers-in-ams2-v1-3.21758/

It is a first implementation and there is no UI for it yet, but it works as intended. And yes, if you want to limit the amout of drivers and still want specific skins you currently need to go back into the file and edit it accordingly. If you want to learn more or have questions about it, I invite you to follow the link to the Reiza forum.

I acknowledge that rF2 can do all the things you mentioned, and it's great that it does. You do realize AC also lets you choose which AI to race, even without Content Manager. R3E as well, so does AMS2, albeit not very comfortably.

@Kenny Paton Sorry for going off topic again.

Thank you for taking the time to make sure I understand the Madness Engine isn't as comprehensive in replicating real life motorsport as ISImotor 2.5 based on your detailed emperical evidence. It is reassuring to know we have an insider working with both S397 and Reiza giving us 'the good oil' on how cars and tracks are created in each sim.

Thank you for making me aware of the shady business practices within gaming, specifically at Reiza. I've been blind to the tricks of consumerism as 'consume and don't ask questions' is the mantra I've always followed which may explain why I bought the lifetime online pass for rF2 (such value) and all of the rF2 DLC.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Pretty good review by Billy Strange Racing:
Praises the new content and bemoans the offline mode or as Billy states "the Continuing Abandonment of AI"

Pretty good review by Billy Strange Racing:
Praises the new content and bemoans the offline mode or as Billy states "the Continuing Abandonment of AI"
Billy is nearly always on point, but this video especially hits it out of the park. Because there's a lot to be excited about! But... there's a lot of unfinished and buggy aspects to be pissed off about too, especially if you're an offline racer. So much potential you can see and feel, but isn't realized.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.