The what pisses you off the most about rF2 thread

If you trying to unsubscribe "everything" and your don't see a page like below you are doing it the wrong way ;)

Untitled 3.jpg

edit:
Just to be clear the only time you should need to unsubscribe unwanted content is if you do a fresh rFactor2 or you delete userdata

either instance when first item starts downloading pull your internet
Then open the content page like above and click on each item you don't want then reconnect internet you thwn only need to unsubscribe the item was currently downloading

count ... and 1 and 2 and 3 ...you should be able to do 2 a second while quickly browsing ahead for items you wish to keep

It ain't rocket science :)

Last edited:
I was talking primarily about deleting redundant server mods, which can otherwise build up and occasionally cause errors when attempting to join a server. I also sometimes join a server which downloads a custom version of a car - league editions with custom skins etc, and these aren't on Steam so (AFAIK) i can't just unsubscribe. There are other ways to delete these too, but the method that most uninitiated users would default to (ok that's not backed up with data but I'm fairly confident this is correct) is the in game Content system.

Thank you for posting about the unsubscribe method, though. I had previously seen the thread, but tbh I skim read it because I've never yet had the problem of wishing to unsubscribe from multiple (more than 3 or 4) items all at the same time. It is/was noted and if I ever get that problem, it'll come in very handy. :thumbsup:

We need a what you love about rF2 instead of concentrating on negatives, I mean it just drags people down
If this was a company retreat you would be thrown out being constantly negative

How about you can swap car model and skins in garage even offline by just running a private server which means you could lap every car to see what you like without leaving the server ...for mine that positive is worth 10 negative :)

I suggested this thread. It gets really boring when people post these complaints in front page articles - often in the first or second post. Now that we have this thread, mods can point complainers here or even move off topic posts here.

There will always be complaints. At least with this thread, the title gives the reader an idea of what to expect. The alternative is the endless cycle of clicking on articles, only to be confronted with multiple pages of off topic moaning to wade through, just to find the comments you came to read about.

This comment is intended in good faith, so please don't take offense. The title of this thread gives a clue to what you're gonna find in the comments - nobody is forcing anybody to trawl through these complaints if they feel that they would rather not be subjected to negativity. :thumbsup:

I try to give devs the benefit of the doubt and presume they are trying their best, but in this case I'm forced to agree with you.
I fired the game up yesterday and had my first encounter with the new UI, I've been involved with PC's since the dos days IMHO I believe that is the worst UI I have ever came across.
I did eventually get on the track but couldn't help thinking what must someone new to the game think of this in 2021.

I've stayed on the old UI because of this. As a software dev myself, it's hard to fathom how they thought this was even remotely ready to release or in any way an improvement on the old design. I sincerely hope they will take their users feedback to heart and fix the new UI someday because RF2 is still my favorite offline sim all other issues aside.

I've stayed on the old UI because of this. As a software dev myself, it's hard to fathom how they thought this was even remotely ready to release or in any way an improvement on the old design. I sincerely hope they will take their users feedback to heart and fix the new UI someday because RF2 is still my favorite offline sim all other issues aside.
I drive a sim for how it drives. I don't choose a sim based on the number of mouse clicks needed. I choose a sim based upon how it simulates racing. I don't choose titles that play music or look pretty BEFORE I EVER GET TO THE RACIN'. The old UI was fine for it's time, but S397 realized they could not press forward with the plan they hope to implement with the old UI.

This UI is already 4 development years old and still missing vital parts, in THAT area I will agree. It prevents some aspects of the racin' to be appreciated. But even if this was all we ever got from the UI, I could really care less. The sim begins and ends when I mash the throttle. Big Hooey if I have to scroll a little, or click exit twice.

S397 may never get all they apparently want out of the UI. Anything that adds to the racin' is a bonus, more setup options, more incar adjustments, more data screens, more tire improvements, more multiplayer stability coding sound immersion and on and on. Anything that is just the wrong color scheme or no mouse sounds over menu items, or taking 30 seconds to load is just....as the movie says...waiting. If S397 could continue to improve the racing without the web based UI, then this new UI would not interest me one bit. But instead of hiding for two years under the rock of the old UI, many users could have researched the quirks of the new UI and gotten on with it.

I understand, I came from a generation that had to wait over 20 minutes for a cassette program to load a 4mb game into an Atari. Or use a cassette loader for a Commodore C-64. Floppy disks, swapping up to 10 or 15 floppies just to load a single program. Having to have a disk(s) to load the OS before even thinking about getting a game ready. Having to hand create 6 different MS-dos loading programs to stuff as much of a program in High memory so games by Origin or Microprose would even begin to load. So being an old fart, not much of this UI is any sort of a drag to me. They have problems sometimes like the exploding graphics, that can be a real bit of heartburn, they can have team drivers lose thier FFB settings or car setups...but I suspect those problems existed with the old UI as well. Fiddle all they want with the UI, AS LONG AS IT CONTRIBUTES TO RACIN'. But worry about looks or how many micro-seconds it takes for a screen to fade out and in....well...

I understand, I came from a generation that had to wait over 20 minutes for a cassette program to load a 4mb game into an Atari. Or use a cassette loader for a Commodore C-64. Floppy disks, swapping up to 10 or 15 floppies just to load a single program
So did I, (in fact I still have an unopened pack of 5.25 floppies as a reminder) I agree the UI has no effect on the driving but it does have in respect of the game and people coming across it for the first time.
I remember it used to take hours to install Windows and office with over 40 floppies so patience isn't my issue.
IMHO it's a shoddy piece of coding that really wasn't thought through and doesn't serve the rest of the game well as an introduction.

I wasn't gonna post anything in this thread as life is too short to "love to hate" a computer game, but in recent months/weeks I've grown tired of the RF2 Devs blatantly ignoring the much long needed AI bugs & issues....to the point I quit the testing team as I just cannot be arsed to support a company that persistently ignores this area for so long.

As you all know I'm a staunch supporter of RF2, I do have the utmost respect for S397 and what ISI did before them. I stood by them through thick and thin, defended them where common sense was needed amongst the keyboard warriors moaning about the smallest detail. I spent many happy hours behind the scenes helping out testing new features and helping to fix the bastard bugs, but in the end I just continually felt let down every time an update came out that didn't include any AI fixes.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was the addition of "Automatic Wipers and Headlights" designed and coded for people too lazy to bind them to a button and features I've never seen anyone request. The time wasted coding them in could've gone towards fixing the long standing and much warranted AI bugs...but no.

I went to the official forums, I told Marcel my thoughts and he responded in kind but alas he says there's no sign of the AI fixes coming anytime soon....its been five years already so it could well be another 5 more at this rate....and I CBA to waste my time patiently waiting anymore.
Other Sims are progressing with their AI alongside other developments simultaneously, it's a crying shame S397 simply refuse to do the same.

In the meantime I've moved away from the RF2 "scene", I've been in and around it since 2006 with RF1. Currently getting my fix with AMS2 but spending a majority of my time in a new found hobby in flight simming, which I'm thoroughly enjoying even though the developers are a naive annoying bunch with their own issues!

P.S. Oh and if you wanna have a fit about load times, try flying MSF2020...its a whole new world of long load times!

Last edited:
I really hope that somebody :unsure: from S397 is reading this thread. More than one "long term fan and defender of the cause" voicing their frustration at the lack of fixes to the core game and feelings of disillusionment. Surely that would make them think?

Last edited:
Yeh, pretty perplexing. :(
Bad enough in a thread on their forum that, I have to confess, as an rF2 user and a fan, I never read. But when some/all of this stuff is discussed frequently on sites such as RD, one would imagine that it would have a negative impact on sales?

I'm in no way suggesting that people should intentionally do things to hurt sales - that would IMO be counter productive - but Intuitively, that ought to make Marcel and the team consider their priorities. It just seems to me that the pros of improving the core game would reap rewards in reputation and therefore, in the end, revenues.
I guess that's why I'm not a businessman and they are... (shrugs).

In the meantime I've moved away from the RF2 "scene", I've been in and around it since 2006
This and your full post is a sad indictment of how neglected a devoted community member can feel when genuine faults are ignored and dismissed.
I recall that AI in the game used be the standard bearer, but at some point someone has decided that mp is the way to go, and the reply sort of indicates that.
I really only reinstalled rF2 so as to drive Jim Pearsons IoM track and your post probably means I'm unlikely to try any racing on other circuits.

A real shame, but if your focus is SP, I think this is perfectly understandable. But it illustrates a point - another potential customer leaves the shop. :(

This and your full post is a sad indictment of how neglected a devoted community member can feel when genuine faults are ignored and dismissed.
I recall that AI in the game used be the standard bearer, but at some point someone has decided that mp is the way to go, and the reply sort of indicates that.
I really only reinstalled rF2 so as to drive Jim Pearsons IoM track and your post probably means I'm unlikely to try any racing on other circuits.
Don't get me wrong, in the right situations with the right mod & track the RF2 AI is still one of the very best when it comes to racing against.
But like I said in that post over there, when you release a track like Le Mans with its long straights, you would think the Devs would at least try and fix the Slipstream issue with the AI, but they ignored it.

Now look on their facebook page, just this very week it looks like Monza is being hinted at, what's that track famous for? long straights and slipstreaming, what cant the AI do? slipstream and overtake......

It's naivety and a blindsided approach to thinking MultiPlayer is the be all and end all, but what grinds my gears the most - is that they have the guy responsible for AMS1 AI working for them who actually fixed this very slipstream issue in that Sim.... (FYI that is common knowledge, for the record I would never share anything I saw or spoke about behind closed doors!)

I wasn't intending to bang on by the way, I just fell very strongly about this subject :p

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%