The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Untitled-1.jpg

Nearly done with another 1997 BTCC entry. :)

Work on Blackhawk Farms continues with this marbles prototype. Size, size distribution, and shape, as well as color and normal textures will likely be adjusted for more realism, this is just a quick prototype. The system utilizes Blender's Geometry Nodes system and is highly customizable and adaptable to many tracks of mine, assuming an AI line can be imported or a fast line otherwise modeled. I'm looking into using CSP Lua track scripting to fade it in as laps are completed by cars in a way that is independent from the rubber level. Car pictured is the RSS GT Shadow V8.
Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_slipangle_blackhawkfarms_8-3-124-6-37-19.jpg

Last edited:
For those who were interested... Daytona is now public :)
Daytona 2024

View attachment 744559
Brilliant stuff as always.

One thing I am getting, and it is not limited to your track, I get it with some others too, is flickering textures. Skid marks in particular on your track though it is often shadows on other tracks. Any ideas what CSP options I need to tweak to fix this? CSP 0.2.3 and Pure 0.238. I can post my settings if it helps.

I've tried googling this for a long time but cannot find any good definitive info that helps. As a track maker I thought you might have a better idea than most.

Brilliant stuff as always.

One thing I am getting, and it is not limited to your track, I get it with some others too, is flickering textures. Skid marks in particular on your track though it is often shadows on other tracks. Any ideas what CSP options I need to tweak to fix this? CSP 0.2.3 and Pure 0.238. I can post my settings if it helps.

I've tried googling this for a long time but cannot find any good definitive info that helps. As a track maker I thought you might have a better idea than most.
Maybe your clip plane values?

CSP settings > graphics adjustments

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes